BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How will lockdown affect job application interviews

5 posters

Go down

How will lockdown affect job application interviews Empty How will lockdown affect job application interviews

Post by Archangel Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:58 pm

Given that the UK lockdown is likely to go on way past June, how will it affect job application interviews? Not that I’m particularly worried about this, as I am not likely to ever get one. I’m 52 this year and been unemployed 15 years. But I’m just curious.

Archangel

Back to top Go down

How will lockdown affect job application interviews Empty Re: How will lockdown affect job application interviews

Post by Jara Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:21 pm

For a while I imagine there will be less group/team based interviews and more one-to-one interviews. Maybe with some distance between the job seeker and interviewer. Other than no handshake I don't think there will be much of a change.

I imagine businesses would want to avoid interviews as much as possible. So there will be more hiring on the spot, more through agencies and online. While unemployment will rise, once things starts going back to normal there will be probably tons of jobs around.

Jara

Back to top Go down

How will lockdown affect job application interviews Empty Re: How will lockdown affect job application interviews

Post by Paul61 Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:52 am

Current restrictions are most likely going to last until at least September, Perhaps even longer; And with even Tighter Restrictions being hinted at,
Everything Job wise will be On-Line and/or by Phone;
BUT
At the Moment there are thousands of Job Vacancies for everyone, Just phone your Local Supermarket, They are crying out for staff to cope with the Demand;
So you should all be back into Work this week. Laughing

Paul61

https://unemployment-gb.freeforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:15 am

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t4449-benefit-sanctions-suspended-for-uc-and-jsa-3-months-from-30-3-20#12684

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/371/made

Universal credit and new style JSA – work-related requirements

6.—(1) As a consequence of the outbreak of coronavirus disease, where a person has an award of new style JSA or an award of universal credit—

(a)the Secretary of State must not impose a work search requirement(19) on that person;

(b)a work search requirement previously applying to such a person ceases to have effect from the date on which these Regulations come into force; and

(c)“able and willing immediately to take up paid work” under a work availability requirement(20) imposed on such a person means able and willing to take up paid work, or attend an interview, immediately once this regulation ceases to apply.

(2) This regulation applies for a period of 3 months beginning with the date that these Regulations come into force and the Secretary of State may extend that period for all cases or any class of case where it appears expedient as a consequence of the continuation of the outbreak of coronavirus disease.

(3) In this regulation, “new style JSA” means an allowance under the Jobseekers Act 1995 as amended by the amendments made by Part 1 of Schedule 14 to the Welfare Reform Act 2012 that remove references to an income-based allowance.

Old style JSA – availability for employment and actively seeking employment

7.—(1) As a consequence of the outbreak of coronavirus disease, a person who has an award of old style JSA is to be treated as—

(a)available for employment; and

(b)actively seeking employment,

for the purposes of the Jobseekers Act 1995(21).

(2) This regulation applies for a period of 3 months beginning with the date that these Regulations come into force and the Secretary of State may extend that period for all cases or any class of case where it appears expedient as a consequence of the continuation of the outbreak of coronavirus disease.

(3) In this regulation, “old style JSA” means a jobseeker’s allowance under the Jobseekers Act 1995 as that Act has effect apart from the amendments made by Part 1 of Schedule 14 to the Welfare Reform Act 2012 that remove references to an income-based allowance.

As Frank points out - no mention of ESA.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:20 pm

On a side point here. I was wondering how this situation is going to effect the "managed migration" of old benefits to the Universal Credit. As it was years behind schedule already. 🐌❓
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:21 pm

Thanks for all your replies.

Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down