BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Benefit Sanctions suspended for UC and JSA - 3 months from 30/3/20

+4
Tarquin Flotsam
mt111
Absolut
MrFrankZola
8 posters

Go down

Benefit Sanctions suspended for UC and JSA - 3 months from 30/3/20 Empty Benefit Sanctions suspended for UC and JSA - 3 months from 30/3/20

Post by MrFrankZola Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:50 pm

that work search requirements for claimants of universal credit or new style JSA are not imposed for a period of 3 months, and that any existing work search requirement no longer applies so that the requirement to be 'able and willing immediately to take up paid work' no longer applies;
for claimants who have an award of old style JSA to be treated as available for work and actively seeking employment for at least the next 3 months;
for any period during which a JSA claimant is infected or contaminated with coronavirus disease, is in isolation or is caring for a child or qualifying young person in their household who is infected, contaminated or in isolation, to not count towards a period of sickness that might otherwise have led to them losing entitlement to their JSA; and
https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/welfare-rights/news/item/miscellaneous-changes-to-social-security-in-response-to-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/371/made thoughts https://mrfrankzola.wordpress.com/2020/03/28/benefit-sanctions-for-people-with-coronavirus/ above could be added to UC Journal

MrFrankZola

Back to top Go down

Benefit Sanctions suspended for UC and JSA - 3 months from 30/3/20 Empty Re: Benefit Sanctions suspended for UC and JSA - 3 months from 30/3/20

Post by Absolut Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:12 am

Thank you for posting this. We've had no instruction at all from the DWP what we are supposed to do regarding job seeking. All we were told is that someone will phone at some point on our normal signing day. This is probably only to make sure we are still alive.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Benefit Sanctions suspended for UC and JSA - 3 months from 30/3/20 Empty Re: Benefit Sanctions suspended for UC and JSA - 3 months from 30/3/20

Post by mt111 Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:02 am

Absolut wrote:All we were told is that someone will phone at some point on our normal signing day.

Had an email from my Jobcentre to say :

'The Job Centre WILL NOT be phoning you on your signing day – due to staff being diverted to payments'.

Don't know whether or not its worth doing jobsearch at this point.

Thnks for posting the info MrFrankZola.

mt111

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:04 pm

I was told that I would be rung on my signing on day (JSA, not UC), but no one rang. So I rang the callcentre appointments number, and they said that while someone MAY ring on signing on days, they also may not, and not to worry if they didn't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarquin Flotsam Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:32 pm

Thanks for the info Frank. Since my last jobcentre visit on 17th March, and being told there'd be no further appointments for the foreseeable future, I've done no jobsearch whatsoever, so was wondering what would happen should I be contacted for my next appointment. Living with 2 people who would be seen as vulnerable I have to be extremely careful whenever going out anywhere. I might survive if I got the virus but my parents, both in late 70s with health issues, most probably wouldn't.
Tarquin Flotsam
Tarquin Flotsam

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:47 pm

Thanks for the posting Mrfrankzola. I was wondering what will happen after the three months period of grace? Will the JCP wheels slowly start up again, and will claimants be give ample notice, as you could see some falling foul of the system 🤨
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:53 pm

Just a quick question. UC allowance (and other benefit) are to be increased in amount on 6th of April. Will I get a weeks worth of increase if I get my UC statement on 11th of April? I am hoping for the full increase but not sure how it all works.

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallazz Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:39 pm

Jara wrote:Just a quick question. UC allowance (and other benefit) are to be increased in amount on 6th of April. Will I get a weeks worth of increase if I get my UC statement on 11th of April? I am hoping for the full increase but not sure how it all works.

Not until June, it looks like:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6120023/does-anyone-have-anymore-information-on-the-universal-credit-rise/p2

Gallazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:53 am

mt111 wrote:
Absolut wrote:All we were told is that someone will phone at some point on our normal signing day.

Had an email from my Jobcentre to say :

'The Job Centre WILL NOT be phoning you on your signing day – due to staff being diverted to payments'.

Don't know whether or not its worth doing jobsearch at this point.

Thnks for posting the info MrFrankZola.

We've had nothing at all, not even a text message. If it hadn't been for FZ posting the links to the Statutory Instruments I wouldn't have even got to know that there are now no job seeking requirements for at least the next 3 months. Suspect
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Hey-HeyJSA Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:03 pm

Gallazz wrote:
Jara wrote:Just a quick question. UC allowance (and other benefit) are to be increased in amount on 6th of April. Will I get a weeks worth of increase if I get my UC statement on 11th of April? I am hoping for the full increase but not sure how it all works.

Not until June, it looks like:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6120023/does-anyone-have-anymore-information-on-the-universal-credit-rise/p2

Is there any increase for JSA? Are there any welfare lawyers pressing to redress this unfairness?

Hey-HeyJSA

Back to top Go down

Post by MrFrankZola Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:53 pm

DWP to 'close' low level 'open ended' sanctions
Claimants can request them be closed now, UC claimants can use their Journal to do so and it is best to
state dire reasons the opened ended sanctions should end immediately.
https://mrfrankzola.wordpress.com/2020/03/31/close-benefitsanctions-now/

Low level sanctions

Most other failures to do what you are expected to do to get your Universal Credit will mean you get a low level sanction. Examples include:

Not attending a work focused interview
Not signing on when you are supposed to
Not providing evidence that the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has asked for
Not going on a course that has been recommended as part of your work preparation.

A low level sanction is made up of a fixed period of time (usually 7 days) and the time it takes you to correct the failure.

For example, Mariam was supposed to sign on Monday but she forgot to go. She doesn’t have a good reason. She goes to sign on Friday instead. This is the first time she h
https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guides/Universal-Credit-Sanctions/How-long-will-a-Universal-Credit-sanction-last

Can forum members please consider sticking to the topic. IE: Sanctions! Appreciate finance is related, but discussions can drift and lose focus.

Added post on
'£1000 increase to UC and WTC > "standard allowance will increase from £317.82 to £409.89 per month."
@
https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t4452-1000-per-year-increase-to-uc-and-wtc-standard-allowance-will-increase-from-317-82-to-409-89-per-month

MrFrankZola

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:20 am

Has anyone been told not to attend the JC to sign on (and not received a phone call on that signing day), but still received their usual payment, rather than a (low level) sanction?
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by mt111 Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:49 am

Absolut wrote:Has anyone been told not to attend the JC to sign on (and not received a phone call on that signing day), but still received their usual payment, rather than a (low level) sanction?

Not quite the same given what you say above but I recieved an email saying thay wouldn't be phoning on my signing day and recieved payment as usual.

mt111

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:05 am

mt111 wrote:I recieved an email saying thay wouldn't be phoning on my signing day and recieved payment as usual.

Ok, thanks. I will see if we get paid tomorrow (we got no email and no phone call).
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:55 am

Got paid ok so no need to worry if you don't receive a phone call. Smile
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down