BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Income based JSA, to apply for ESA, UC not rolled out in JCP until July 2019

3 posters

Go down

Income based JSA, to apply for ESA, UC not rolled out in JCP until July 2019 Empty Income based JSA, to apply for ESA, UC not rolled out in JCP until July 2019

Post by cc120 Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:59 pm

I have been on income based JSA for over 3 years. UC won't be rolled out in my area/JCP until July 2019. Can I still apply for ESA, or New ESA, or other?

cc120

Back to top Go down

Income based JSA, to apply for ESA, UC not rolled out in JCP until July 2019 Empty Re: Income based JSA, to apply for ESA, UC not rolled out in JCP until July 2019

Post by cc120 Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:59 pm

Anyone?

cc120

Back to top Go down

Income based JSA, to apply for ESA, UC not rolled out in JCP until July 2019 Empty Re: Income based JSA, to apply for ESA, UC not rolled out in JCP until July 2019

Post by Gallazz Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:39 pm

According to this link, the first phase of the UC roll out (full service) was completed at the end of 2018, which means that anyone making a new claim for any of the benefits UC replaces (legacy benefits, which include ESA) must claim UC.

https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guides/UC-timetable/Universal-Credit-UC-roll-out-2019

Contributions-based/new-style ESA and JSA are the exceptions (I believe) but you won't be able to claim income-based ESA, it would be UC.

The second phase of the UC roll-out which starts in July is managed migraton, which involves moving people onto UC who aren't making claims for different benefits, without the five week wait (I think). It's just been announced that Harrogate will be a trial site for managed migraton, starting in July 2019. That suggests that everywhere else will follow on at a later date, unless there are other trial areas yet to be announced.

Edit: I've just seen this thread of yours:

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t1183-if-esa-application-fails-will-i-be-on-uc-or-can-i-go-back-to-income-based-jsa#8076

If your Jobcentre still isn't full service, then you probably can still claim ib-ESA. I'm not sure though - I think there's some rule about single claims. Sorry, I thought all Jobcentres were now full service!

Gallazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Wed May 01, 2019 7:30 am

Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down