BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natural migration from July 22 '20 - only a 3-week wait?

2 posters

Go down

Natural migration from July 22 '20 - only a 3-week wait? Empty Natural migration from July 22 '20 - only a 3-week wait?

Post by Gallazz Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:19 pm

That's my understanding of what I read below. Might be useful if you're tempted by the increase to UC (I'm not), or if you need to claim it in the next few months. CPAG says:

"A two-week run-on of IS, income-based JSA and income-related ESA following a claim for UC will apply, whether made under managed migration or not, from 22 July 2020. (However, in the managed migration pilot ‘hardship payments’, specifically provided for in the context of the pilot,17 are to be used to achieve the same effect before that date.)"

https://cpag.org.uk/welfare-rights/resources/article/uc-managed-migration-rules#footnote16_fk1fbrq

Gallazz

Back to top Go down

Natural migration from July 22 '20 - only a 3-week wait? Empty Re: Natural migration from July 22 '20 - only a 3-week wait?

Post by Absolut Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:23 am

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/social-policy/welfare-pensions/benefits/constituency-data-universal-credit-roll-out/

This link might help regarding individual job centres. For example, the roll out in my area so far is only 36%. With the extra claims for UC I think shifting legacy benefit claimants over to UC isn't going to happen in July. They have until 2024 to complete it all.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Natural migration from July 22 '20 - only a 3-week wait? Empty Re: Natural migration from July 22 '20 - only a 3-week wait?

Post by Gallazz Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:03 pm

My post is about a change to natural migration, not managed migration. As far as I can tell, from the 22nd of July, legacy claimants under natural migration get a 2-week run-on of payments, so that's effectively a 3-week wait, which is the same as under managed migration:

"A two-week run-on of IS, income-based JSA and income-related ESA following a claim for UC will apply, whether made under managed migration or not, from 22 July 2020. (However, in the managed migration pilot ‘hardship payments’, specifically provided for in the context of the pilot,17 are to be used to achieve the same effect before that date.)"

Gallazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:51 am

Ok, fair enough. Get admin to remove my post if you wish.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down