BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good News: Favourable ICE Outcome (DWP complaint commenced July 2014!)

3 posters

Go down

Good News: Favourable ICE Outcome (DWP complaint commenced July 2014!) Empty Good News: Favourable ICE Outcome (DWP complaint commenced July 2014!)

Post by Non Deficere Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:06 pm

The report is 23 pages long, it was a complex and upsetting case.  Sad

The complainant received 2 X £100 from DWP following my representation.

ICE were not impressed with how the complaint was managed and reccomended an apology to X for their handling of the case and a further consolatory payment of £150.  Smile

Interestingly, ICE also recommended that DWP make a separate payment of £50 to me.

I do not often consider that it is apropriate to award a CP to a representative, however in this instance, it is clear that DWP's unexplained failure to respond to your correspondence, required you to send more letters to DWP than you you should have had to, and your involvement with them was for a much longer period than you could reasonably have expected it should have been.  As such I consider it is appropriate that DWP make a CP to you to reflect the gross inconvenience they caused you.
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Good News: Favourable ICE Outcome (DWP complaint commenced July 2014!) Empty Re: Good News: Favourable ICE Outcome (DWP complaint commenced July 2014!)

Post by Non Deficere Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:48 am

We may decide to escalate to the Ombudsman.

In hindsight, we should have taken the legal route.
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Good News: Favourable ICE Outcome (DWP complaint commenced July 2014!) Empty Re: Good News: Favourable ICE Outcome (DWP complaint commenced July 2014!)

Post by ABC Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:07 am

I congratulate you on your success ND but as with all cases related to the DWP and ICE it is a pyrrhic victory at best. The DWP will continue to operate in the same way and the "independent" case examiner is a misnomer as it is only the top person who is notionally independent, all the subordinates being DWP employees. ICE is unfit for purpose.

I certainly agree that the legal route is the right one to take but, in my case, I barely had the mental energy to complain to ICE. Going the legal route, on my own anyway, would have been impossible.
ABC
ABC

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:23 pm

ABC wrote:I congratulate you on your success ND but as with all cases related to the DWP and ICE it is a pyrrhic victory at best. The DWP will continue to operate in the same way and the "independent" case examiner is a misnomer as it is only the top person who is notionally independent, all the subordinates being DWP employees. ICE is unfit for purpose.

I certainly agree that the legal route is the right one to take but, in my case, I barely had the mental energy to complain to ICE. Going the legal route, on my own anyway, would have been impossible.

I disagree to some extent, the burden in many cases is borne by the representative who is generally resilient to the process.  If you are the complainant/claimant acting on you own, it can be very stressful.  Mad

I am glad a local charity found me on-line and referred X for help/support.  Although the victories have not changed DWP policies the individual has escaped the poor treatment they were once subjected to; unlawful sanctions which resulted in homelessness amongst other things, loss of ESA, unlawful referral to the work programme, descrimination etc.

X and I will be meeting up again for well earned drinks.  Very Happy   Most of the people I have assisted and kept in touch with have said their situation has improved significantly.  I intend to maintain the status quo and to keep learning!

P.S. So far, I have found the county court process much easier and speedier.

Last edited by Non Deficere on Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : change of word)
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:36 pm

nice win there ND about time people who aid others got some benefit for there time against the dwp
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:31 am

Payment to both parties has been received swiftly!  

lol!

What to do next is under consideration! Smile
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by ABC Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:14 pm

Seems like you're on a roll at the moment ND. Well done! cheers
ABC
ABC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:52 pm

Congratulations! flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:43 pm

Good News: Favourable ICE Outcome (DWP complaint commenced July 2014!) 2035158131   Admin, ABC & EffJay.

Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down