BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is a 35 Hours Jobsearch?

+3
Non Deficere
Caker
Committed Claimant
7 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What is a 35 Hours Jobsearch? - Page 3 Empty Re: What is a 35 Hours Jobsearch?

Post by Caker Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:49 pm

MrFrankZola wrote:
Caker wrote:I usually record 3 applications each week. I understand there is no minimum number to meet ASE requirements, so I stick to what would have met the criteria under JSA. I also record 2 or 3 other activities just for good measure.

Would not rely upon JSA conditionality as a basis to decide whether UCCC requirements/actions have been met.

Not sure what other guideline to follow because there just aren't any for numbers of steps to be taken. It is 'how long is a piece of string' situation.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Committed Claimant Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:54 pm

Caker:

I would not have believed it if you hadn’t said so yourself.

I can appreciate that it can be difficult for claimants to always understand the implications of some of the activities they are expected or coerced into signing up to. But surely you agree that it is dangerous for claimants if they don’t even know what it is that they have signed up to.

The word ‘normally’ is subjective in this context. You have made a valiant attempt at explaining what you take it to mean. I doubt if a coach or a DM would define it as liberally. I hope it never happens, but all it takes is a change of circumstances or a different coach for the shit to hit the fan.

I took them at their word when they told me that I should consider job seeking as if it was a fulltime job. I set out to know my job.

It’s the easiest thing in the world to agree and say yes all the time. I don’t do agreeing just like that. My philosophy when dealing with JCP is ‘I’ll say yes but you must ask the question I tell you to ask’.
Committed Claimant
Committed Claimant

Back to top Go down

Post by Committed Claimant Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:56 pm

Non Deficere:

It sounds like you have decided that a 35 hour job search is the norm, although I don’t know who established it. Your post continues outlining ways of alleviating the worst excesses of what you have decided to accept.

I would just add that there is no specific requirement to apply for a specific number of jobs. This is another fallacy and a whole other kettle of fish, but hey, one contentious issue at a time eh.
Committed Claimant
Committed Claimant

Back to top Go down

Post by MrFrankZola Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:27 pm

Committed Claimant wrote:Non Deficere:

It sounds like you have decided that a 35 hour job search is the norm, although I don’t know who established it. Your post continues outlining ways of alleviating the worst excesses of what you have decided to accept.

I would just add that there is no specific requirement to apply for a specific number of jobs. This is another fallacy and a whole other kettle of fish, but hey, one contentious issue at a time eh.

CC, With regards UC only, when there is a ref to 35 hours was seeking to know exactly what was written as the actions required in a UC-CC. As shown by Caker's example and my own experience have never seen a UCCC that has actions that would take anywhere near 35 hours a week. So if a UCCC mentions 35 hours (as quoted) but all actions can be completed well under 35 hours, (for those in the 'all work requirements group') (Caker) do you advocate having the 35 hour ref removed by robust arguments against its inclusion and if the 'coach' does not comply ask for a review by another 'coach' and what options exist for a claimant when the second reviewing 'coach' agrees with the first 'coach'?

When considering risk of sanctions* have taken account of UC specific legislation [1], UC decision makers guidance [2], the cited Upper Tribunal case [3] and the UC myth busting website site [4] and the UC application commitments form [5] to reach the opinions I have given, you seem to have decided to dismiss how [2], [3], [4] and [5] make use of  [1]. I do not reject your UC arguments outright, but just not convinced by them. It is worth remembering that the 35 hours a week reference in Caker's UC also refers to "preparation"  [all text in blue is a link
*And claim closure due to refusing/not accepting a UC CC, see next post for details.

UC: Work preparation requirement

(1)In this Part a “work preparation requirement” is a requirement that a claimant take particular action specified by the Secretary of State for the purpose of making it more likely in the opinion of the Secretary of State that the claimant will obtain paid work (or more paid work or better-paid work).
(2)The Secretary of State may under subsection (1) specify the time to be devoted to any particular action.
(3)Action which may be specified under subsection (1) includes in particular—
(a)attending a skills assessment;
(b)improving personal presentation;
(c)participating in training;
(d)participating in an employment programme;
(e)undertaking work experience or a work placement;
(f)developing a business plan;
(g)any action prescribed for the purpose in subsection (1).
(4)In the case of a person with limited capability for work, the action which may be specified under subsection (1) includes taking part in a work-focused health-related assessment.
(5)In subsection (4) “work-focused health-related assessment” means an assessment by a health care professional approved by the Secretary of State which is carried out for the purpose of assessing—
(a)the extent to which the person’s capability for work may be improved by taking steps in relation to their physical or mental condition, and
(b)such other matters relating to their physical or mental condition and the likelihood of their obtaining or remaining in work or being able to do so as may be prescribed.
(6)In subsection (5) “health care professional” means—
(a)a registered medical practitioner,
(b)a registered nurse,
(c)an occupational therapist or physiotherapist registered with a regulatory body established by an Order in Council under section 60 of the Health Act 1999, or
(d)a member of such other profession regulated by a body mentioned in section 25(3) of the National Health Service Reform and Health Care Professions Act 2002 as may be prescribed.
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/5/section/16/enacted

Last edited by MrFrankZola on Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

MrFrankZola

Back to top Go down

Post by MrFrankZola Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:48 pm

The DWP gave the work and pensions committee a commitment to give them copies of internal UC guidance, latest versions that may help:

CC_-_Expected_hours_v3.0.pdf
http://data.parliament.uk/DepositedPapers/Files/DEP2019-0465/CC_-_Expected_hours_v3.0.pdf

UC CC_-_Commitment_not_accepted_v1.0.pdf
If at any time in the claim, a Claimant Commitment is not accepted by a claimant
this means there is no entitlement to Universal Credit.
In deciding whether to accept a Claimant Commitment the claimant’s options are:
- a cooling off period from the date they did not accept their Commitment to
reconsider their actions
- request a second opinion [by another 'coach' in practice] on whether the requirements of their Commitment are
reasonable
- refuse to accept the Commitment
http://data.parliament.uk/DepositedPapers/Files/DEP2019-0465/CC_-_Commitment_not_accepted_v1.0.pdf
> '“I have to accept my claimant commitment”
If your work coach does not agree to change your commitment after you’ve raised your concerns with them you have a number of options - you can request a review of the details and reasonableness of work availability and work search requirements of your commitment. This is carried out by a different staff member and can be requested each time a commitment is updated with new requirements; the requirement to accept a claimant commitment can be temporarily removed in ‘exceptional circumstances’ where it is unreasonable to expect you to accept one (DWP guidance gives examples of medical or domestic emergencies); you can refuse to accept the commitment, in which case you will be given a 7-day cooling off period to reconsider your decision before your claim is closed. If your claim is closed for not accepting the contents of your claimant commitment you can request a mandatory reconsideration and then appeal.
https://universalcreditinfo.net/myths/i-have-to-accept-my-claimant-commitment
+
 CC_-_Earnings_Thresholds_v1.0.pdf
http://data.parliament.uk/DepositedPapers/Files/DEP2019-0465/CC_-_Earnings_Thresholds_v1.0.pdf
 CC_-_Expected_hours_v3.0.pdf
http://data.parliament.uk/DepositedPapers/Files/DEP2019-0465/CC_-_Expected_hours_v3.0.pdf
 CC_-_Job_goals_v1.0.pdf
http://data.parliament.uk/DepositedPapers/Files/DEP2019-0465/CC_-_Job_goals_v1.0.pdf
 CC_-_Other_Work_Related_Activities_v2.0.pdf
http://data.parliament.uk/DepositedPapers/Files/DEP2019-0465/CC_-_Other_Work_Related_Activities_v2.0.pdf
 CC_-_Work_Preparation_activities_v1.0.pdf
http://data.parliament.uk/DepositedPapers/Files/DEP2019-0465/CC_-_Work_Preparation_activities_v1.0.pdf
 CC_-_WRA__the_LM_Regimes_v4.0.pdf
http://data.parliament.uk/DepositedPapers/Files/DEP2019-0465/CC_-_WRA__the_LM_Regimes_v4.0.pdf
 CC_Switching_off_work_availability_work_related_activities_v10.0.pdf
http://data.parliament.uk/DepositedPapers/Files/DEP2019-0465/CC_Switching_off_work_availability_work_related_activities_v10.0.pdf
DEP2019-0465
https://www.parliament.uk/business/publications/business-papers/commons/deposited-papers/?house=1&search_term=Department+for+Work+and+Pensions&itemId=119004#toggle-465

MrFrankZola

Back to top Go down

Post by Committed Claimant Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:47 pm

Mr F.

What I am advocating is exactly that, that any reference to 35 hours be removed by robust arguments against its inclusion.

Furthermore, in my opinion, it would be easier anyone who knew a bit about it to make the case for its exclusion than for a coach to make one for its inclusion.

I have attempted to explain several times now that, when discussing 35 hours job search requirements, introducing work preparation requirements clouds the issue, yet still you keep repeating the same extracts or links to the same DWP guidance or advice.

If I were discussing this with a coach, I would tell him or her that “when we come to discussing the inclusion of a work preparation requirement on my CC I will tell you what I regard as acceptable or ‘reasonable in my circumstances’ there, in the meantime we are discussing work search requirement”.

I would also tell him/her “You appear to not to have heard what I have already said several times or else you are deliberately ignoring it”

Having said that, coaches with attitude would regard themselves too superior to even discuss the issue, they have a far better weapon than persuasion, sanction.

My aim here is to persuade people who have been advising claimants for years that there is a case to be made for my proposition. That’s all. If I can’t do that then they must spend the foreseeable future advising said claimants on how to avoid the worst excesses of what they persuaded them was in their best interests to sign up to.

In the meantime, the primary cause for sanctions remains in place.

If for no other reason any expectation of fair play should be dispelled by the case ND is currently taking through the County Courts where neither the claimant or the DWP were aware that one side was basing its case on a CC that didn’t exist and the one that did exist was not recognised. There appears to be no evidence for anything and nobody knows on whom the onus is to acquire it.

The DWP would have won by now if the claimant said ‘Yes Sir, thank you very much Sir” or been blithely prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt without a fight.

PS:
I haven't had time to study the latest pile of junk but if you have please just say categorically that it would cause Tribunal Judges to alter their rulings in cases involving job search activities.
Committed Claimant
Committed Claimant

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:04 am

In summary, what your job search looks like and the time spent will vary for every claimant each week.  How you present your work search is your decision.

If you complete all the actions in your CC the only area that you can be tripped up is the number/quality of your job applications.  The wc must know the availability of suitable jobs before you sit down (o's case), or they will need to investigate the labour market to determine whether all reasonable action was taken within the relevant period, taking into consideration activities in previous weeks as well any changes in circumstances.

This is a good reason for not using your Journal to record your work search.

K4042 It is important that the DM considers the quality of all the claimant’s work search activities in the relevant week. It is not just about whether they have applied for all the jobs listed in any on line job matching service.

K4045 The DM makes a consideration of what
1. was reasonable for the individual claimant in their circumstances and
2. gave them the best prospects of getting into work along with all the other work search they may have taken in that week1. Just because jobs were available on any job sites the claimant may have accessed and the claimant did not apply for all of them would not necessarily mean a sanction would apply.
Note 1: As in all sanction determinations the DM would consider all the facts and circumstances of the individual case and what is reasonable in the claimant’s individual circumstances. For detailed guidance on the work search requirement see ADM Chapter J3.
Note 2: If the DM decides the claimant has not met the work search requirement in any one week, a medium–level sanction will apply. 1 WR Act 12, s 17

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/787448/admk4.pdf

J3064 +
J3091 +

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/793847/admj3.pdf

Last edited by Non Deficere on Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:53 am

Just to throw in another curve ball (sorry), I have recorded the same amount and type of job search activity since I started my claim. The wc has expressed satisfaction and thanks for it (yes really Suspect ) verbally and in writing (UCj comments), and I have continued to get paid. so on that note, all looks well.

However, if I were to continue with the same level of activity and the wc took issue with something (or there was a different wc), and wanted to raise an ASE doubt, could I rely upon the fact that no doubt was raised previously for the same level of activity recorded?

Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Committed Claimant Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:31 pm

Non Deficere;

The premise is your post has an important legal flaw.

There is no requirement in law for a claimant to apply for a specific number of jobs per week.

In fact, I have read in some DWP guidance documents, and FOI responses, as I’m sure you have, that coaches are advised not to include specific targets or limitations on the number of jobs that a claimant must apply for in Claimant Commitments.

Caker:

I think we’ve already discussed the custom and practice defence.

However, the coach is obliged by law to inform you of the specific doubt being raised.

Then, should the specific issue in doubt be included in your CC in the first place and does what s/he is accepting constitute ‘reasonable in your circumstances’ for that week.

Committed Claimant
Committed Claimant

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:49 pm

Caker wrote:Just to throw in another curve ball (sorry), I have recorded the same amount and type of job search activity since I started my claim. The wc has expressed satisfaction and thanks for it (yes really Suspect ) verbally and in writing (UCj comments), and I have continued to get paid. so on that note, all looks well.

However, if I were to continue with the same level of activity and the wc took issue with something (or there was a different wc), and wanted to raise an ASE doubt, could I rely upon the fact that no doubt was raised previously for the same level of activity recorded?

Sorry, C, you cannot rely on past worksearch as a defence, but it is helpful (O's case).

The reason being, the labour market is continually changing.
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:52 pm

CC said:

Non Deficere;

The premise is your post has an important legal flaw.

There is no requirement in law for a claimant to apply for a specific number of jobs per week.

Correct!  However, the wc can provide evidence of the labour market at the relevant time amongst other things.

Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:48 pm

Non Deficere wrote:
Caker wrote:Just to throw in another curve ball (sorry), I have recorded the same amount and type of job search activity since I started my claim. The wc has expressed satisfaction and thanks for it (yes really Suspect ) verbally and in writing (UCj comments), and I have continued to get paid. so on that note, all looks well.

Sorry, C, you cannot rely on past worksearch as a defence, but it is helpful (O's case).

That leaves me quite lost because things rarely look different in my work search landscape. Same jobs keep being advertised. In one case I applied for the same job with 2 different locum agencies. One agency told me the vacancy was taken whilst the other kept up the pretence that it was still vacant. Neither of them got me into that job but both continued to advertise it for a further 2 months.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Committed Claimant Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:38 pm

If a job vacancy appears on a site 2 months after it first appeared, do they alter the Job Number, Job Ref, or Posting Date?

Could a claimant claim that s/he applied unsuccessfully for any job brought to his/her attention by a coach a month or two earlier but it had a different posting date then.

Bearing in mind:

The process for imposing a sanction:

“The work coach will “raise a doubt” with the claimant if they believe that person failed to comply with their Claimant Commitment”.

It is sufficient for the coach to raise the doubt. It is for the claimant to disabuse them of that doubt. The work coach is neither obliged or authorised to gather evidence to confirm or alleviate the doubt.

The coach passes on the doubt, along with any evidence provided by the claimant, to the Decision Maker.

By the time the DM starts gathering evidence 3 or 4 months could have passed. Surely any evidence that might have been there would have long gone or be so vague as to be inadmissible.
Committed Claimant
Committed Claimant

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:03 pm

Caker wrote:
Non Deficere wrote:

That leaves me quite lost because things rarely look different in my work search landscape. Same jobs keep being advertised. In one case I applied for the same job with 2 different locum agencies. One agency told me the vacancy was taken whilst the other kept up the pretence that it was still vacant. Neither of them got me into that job but both continued to advertise it for a further 2 months.

There might be less suitable jobs available.

Here is an example where the claimant has an excellent work search record, which was not considered by the wc, DM or FtT!!

29.Indeed,  neither  the  decision-maker  nor  the  First-tier  Tribunal  had  looked  at  the precise terms of the claimant commitment in the light of the bigger picture about the Appellant’s previous  history  of  regular  compliance.  I  agree  with  Ms  Thackray’s submission that “this claimant appears to have always met her responsibilities during the  14  months  of  her  claim  and  had  indeed  undertaken  some  work  search  and applied for suitable jobs during the relevant 2 week period although it did not amount to 35 hours”. Those factors were not addressed at all by the First-tier Tribunal in its reasoning when it seized upon the Appellant’s admission as set out in paragraph 16 above.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/5a27bd1940f0b659d452009f/CUC_1808_2017-00.pdf
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:32 pm

Committed Claimant wrote:If a job vacancy appears on a site 2 months after it first appeared, do they alter the Job Number, Job Ref, or Posting Date?

Exactly the same advert on indeed.

Could a claimant claim that s/he applied unsuccessfully for any job brought to his/her attention by a coach a month or two earlier but it had a different posting date then.

Bearing in mind:

The process for imposing a sanction:

“The work coach will “raise a doubt” with the claimant if they believe that person failed to comply with their Claimant Commitment”.

It is sufficient for the coach to raise the doubt. It is for the claimant to disabuse them of that doubt. The work coach is neither obliged or authorised to gather evidence to confirm or alleviate the doubt.

The coach passes on the doubt, along with any evidence provided by the claimant, to the Decision Maker.

By the time the DM starts gathering evidence 3 or 4 months could have passed. Surely any evidence that might have been there would have long gone or be so vague as to be inadmissible.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:38 pm

From ND's link:

.......positively Stakhanovite statement that “I’ll do everything I can to get paid work,.......

Even the judge thought it was a hard task to fulfil Rolling Eyes
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:50 pm

1 R(U) 32/52. Note: DMs should remember, when reading the caselaw, references to the employment having to be suitable no longer apply.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/721778/dmgch34.pdf

However, the claimant must have the capacity to do the job.  The job can be for any hours subject to agreed restrictions within the UCCC and employment law.   This is significantly different to JSA regulations.

K3052
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/720661/admk3.pdf

Last edited by Non Deficere on Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:33 pm

My wc has now recommend (via UCj) a number of very unsuitable jobs. A few of them are in my sector but I don't meet some of the essential experience criteria. Others are just outside of my experience and personal aptitudes.

I applied for them all anyway, just to prove I have. I have not told the wc I applied and I have not recorded them in the UCj either (I have recorded other jobs instead).

I suspect the wc might be of a mind to try to set me up for a sanction. With evidence I applied for those jobs, I will make that harder.

Funnily enough s/he has dropped any mention of bank a/c and passport. I suspect s/he thinks that if I get offered one of these jobs I will be forced to get the bank a/c and passport.

Even with my best efforts, there is no likelihood that I would be offered any of the jobs the wc found. The job descriptions all feature the personal qualities of someone else. I cannot fake the qualities that the employers are asking for.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:12 pm

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/720661/admk3.pdf

From the above:

K3052

Where K3051 applies the claimant has to have been clearly informed of the particular vacancy.
Note: The Jobs a claimant can be required to apply for must be jobs that the
claimant can reasonably do based on their individual skills, ability, location, capabilities and capacity and their own resource and should normally be discussed with the claimant at work search review. The claimant would have to show a good reason why a particular vacancy is unsuitable in their good reason for any failure, for example the job required a skill or qualification the claimant did not have.

What constitutes 'clearly informed' in this context?

"Should normally be discussed with the claimant". I presume this means that it does not have to be but can be sprung on them via UCj.

This indicates that 'good reason' could include a skill or qualification that the claimant does not have but what about:

*claimant relies on public transport and the job finishes late at night, such as bar work and is in another town. Would anyone be mandated to work that left them vulnerable because of lack of transport late at night?

*work in a butchers shop if the claimant is a strict vegan?

*work that involves being 'very friendly' to male customers to encourage them to stay and spend more in a bar that mainly appeals to men, but is staffed by young women.

It appears to me people could be mandated to jobs that are not appropriate to that person's temperament.

Last edited by Caker on Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more)
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:15 pm

Sorry, I am so off topic.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:33 am

Caker wrote:https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/720661/admk3.pdf

From the above:

K3052

Where K3051 applies the claimant has to have been clearly informed of the particular vacancy.
Note: The Jobs a claimant can be required to apply for must be jobs that the
claimant can reasonably do based on their individual skills, ability, location, capabilities and capacity and their own resource and should normally be discussed with the claimant at work search review. The claimant would have to show a good reason why a particular vacancy is unsuitable in their good reason for any failure, for example the job required a skill or qualification the claimant did not have.

What constitutes 'clearly informed' in this context?

K3056

"Should normally be discussed with the claimant". I presume this means that it does not have to be but can be sprung on them via UCj.

Yes, that is right.

This indicates that 'good reason' could include a skill or qualification that the claimant does not have but what about:

*claimant relies on public transport and the job finishes late at night, such as bar work and is in another town. Would anyone be mandated to work that left them vulnerable because of lack of transport late at night?

*work in a butchers shop if the claimant is a strict vegan?

*work that involves being 'very friendly' to male customers to encourage them to stay and spend more in a bar that mainly appeals to men, but is staffed by young women.

These are examples of good reason.

It appears to me people could be mandated to jobs that are not appropriate to that person's temperament.

In many cases the full details of the job are not apparent, it is upto the claimant to make further enquiries. The wc should only match jobs that are relevant to your circumstances.
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:35 am

Thanks ND
That clarifies it. So I must make sure that I ask for my cc to be amended to depict my circumstances accurately. That way, I can argue 'good reason' if I am directed to a job which ignores my declared circumstances.

I will get working on those amendments that I need.

Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:38 am

I should say that it has been easy to pick holes in jobs I have been directed to, based upon not meeting essential criteria set out in the job description. Not having experience of x. Some of the wc replies are corkers Rolling Eyes

ND, I will pm you with an example of a daft wc comment in my UCj. I cannot share here because it gives too much away.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by MrFrankZola Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:10 pm

Committed Claimant wrote:Noticed this FOI request to DWP on 12th April; they haven’t responded yet.

Dear Department for Work and Pensions,
Universal Credit and JSA related.

I have a problem understanding what "35 hours Jobsearch" is?

Who decides, the claimant or work coach?

Is there any guides available on how to complete this requirement?

This concept is new and was never a requirement. Why?

I note jobcentreplus work coaches when I've asked them don't seem to be able to give any sensible answers!

If claimants are being sanctioned because a work coach thinks they haven't done 35 hours a week jobsearch and nobody knows how to define 35 hours jobsearch isn't this unfair and fraud?

Yours faithfully,
S M Hall

Can’t wait for their response to this one, should be a doozy!!!!!!

DWP responses

FOI2019 14808 Reply
The information we hold that best explains / answers your questions is in the attached
document and to be helpful you can find more information at the link below:

However, the information below is exempt under Section 21 of the Freedom of Information Act
because the information is reasonably accessible to you, as it is already in the public domain.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/793847/admj3.pdf
- Section J3053
( Expected hours of work J3053
Exceptions to the expected number of hours of work J3055)
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/567640/response/1355247/attach/html/2/FOI2019%2014808%20Reply.pdf.html
Availability for Work 14808
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/567640/response/1355247/attach/html/3/Availability%20for%20Work%2014808.pdf.html

Expected hours 14808
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/567640/response/1355247/attach/html/4/Expected%20hours%2014808.pdf.html

Work search activities 14808
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/567640/response/1355247/attach/html/5/Work%20search%20activities%2014808.pdf.html

MrFrankZola

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:49 am

This is the guideline DWP use:

https://intensiveactivity.wordpress.com/2015/01/23/35-hours-jobsearch-we-publish-the-mad-dwp-guidelines/

Another FOI may be helpful to find out if it is still current.

The only way the wc can determine that the work search is insufficient, is having some guideline for every occupation!!

To stay safe, I would suggest a work search plan which includes time spent on applying, preparing, researching, planning etc. for vacancies and job interviews.

Last edited by Non Deficere on Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next