BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Automation of the Jobcentre

5 posters

Go down

Automation of the Jobcentre Empty Automation of the Jobcentre

Post by El-dudeareno Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:10 am

I have started this new topic due to a suggestion by @Caker, said the original topic has gone off. So here we are on this new thread of automation of the Jobcentre service. And the possible effect that all of us could face in this brave new world?    Automation of the Jobcentre 2650990582  

@Jara said:

“Self-service sounds okay, as long as alternatives are offered. I rather use a mediocre self-service than seeing some of my old work roaches. “

I would agree with Jara. However, when technology goes wrong the claimant could end up on a sanction due to no fault of your own. Due to the device failing, look how many times the e-signing pad has failed in the JCP. Or not being unable to log into you UJM account. To which my work-roach just laughs off, when I told them of IT problems I have had with their website(UJM)! And let’s not forget the amount of time the JCP computers has gone into melt down and the roaches clown  have gone back to pen a paper.

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t1608-roach-want-my-email-account?nid=7#5316
El-dudeareno
El-dudeareno

http://dudeism.com/

Back to top Go down

Automation of the Jobcentre Empty Re: Automation of the Jobcentre

Post by Brutus Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:42 am

The question here is not that of automation, but of wilful purpose.
Lots of functions in the benefit process could be done without coaches (indeed the wave of sell off of DWP assess and voluntary redundancies few years back, is probably an attempt to rein in the cost of the administration (I remember reading some break down of their budget for JSA, and these costs are about a third of it).

However if the intentions is to shackle us more and more, than, whatever malfunction on their system only enhance the unattractiveness of persisting on benefits and for those forced in it, the sacrosanct role of the coaches.

Brutus
Brutus

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:11 pm

ujm was designed to do just that

however i suspect it wouldnt stay in this country to administer it

we all know what ujm is based upon a sanction machine to use it would mean that whatever you wrote upon it is questionable

but it dosnt end there they would want digital by default jobs listed so any jobs gone for would need a number or at worst every type of detail to prove that you was applying for that job

an interesting part of this then comes in tracking of the user where they login into this account
tracking their jobsearches
then you are going to have to upload evidence onto the system by scanning it for jobs outside of ujm

the list is never ending
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by El-dudeareno Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:09 am

While we are talking about the UJM, it is worrying what the new website from 'Adzuna' will have install for claimant's lives ????

Automation of the Jobcentre 1310887813

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t1682-dwp-signs-adzuna-for-universal-jobmatch#5388
El-dudeareno
El-dudeareno

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:31 pm

El-dudeareno wrote:I would agree with Jara. However, when technology goes wrong the claimant could end up on a sanction due to no fault of your own. Due to the device failing, look how many times the e-signing pad has failed in the JCP. Or not being unable to log into you UJM account. To which my work-roach just laughs off, when I told them of IT problems I have had with their website(UJM)! And let’s not forget the amount of time the JCP computers has gone into melt down and the roaches clown  have gone back to pen a paper.

You are right. While working - this new automation would be great for a bunch of us but it's probably going to be the same old crappy computers and servers they always used. While I was on JSA my life got easier with UJM as I was very careful with what information I gave.. and my sign ons were quick. I quickly learned what worked and didn't work.

As I have a background in programming I made a scrapper that fetched tons of jobs from UJM, Monster and most other job websites. I made applying for jobs automatic and my script generated just enough text to put into UJM. I flooded my activity history with tons of job applications and activites, and my work coach didn't bother to look through more than one or two pages (which was just like a days worth of job search). I wish I could share my apps but most websites have changed so I need to put into lots of work to make it all work again.

I am also worried they are going to ask or require other biometrics from us. I don't want to give them my fingerprint (same I use to unlock my phone)!

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by El-dudeareno Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:21 pm

@Jara:
I am also worried they are going to ask or require other biometrics from us. I don't want to give them my fingerprint (same I use to unlock my phone)!

I wonder this myself before the JCP want a a 'blood & feces' sample, when you apply for benefits. To combat fraud they will say no doubt. Sorry if anyone is offended by this comment. Embarassed
El-dudeareno
El-dudeareno

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:35 pm

On this very subject, HMRC are now using voice recognition technology.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by El-dudeareno Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:50 pm

One only has to look at the e-signing pad at the JCP to know that technology isn't always here to make things easy Rolling Eyes  . Also I have always wonder if the DWP helplines have any 'voice analysers' to see if you are telling the truth etc...   Question  

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22229683-800-speech-analyser-monitors-emotion-for-call-centres/
El-dudeareno
El-dudeareno

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:02 pm

El-dudeareno wrote:Also I have always wonder if the DWP helplines have any 'voice analysers' to see if you are telling the truth etc...   Question  

I hope not. There's been many times I been in very poor mood (or just feeling very stressed) when I called DWP. And my bad/stressed mood is because of problems caused by DWP in the first place. I bet those things would be picked up by a voice analyser.

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down