BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jobcentre Security Guards Go On Strike

5 posters

Go down

Jobcentre Security Guards Go On Strike  Empty Jobcentre Security Guards Go On Strike

Post by Ignatius Wed May 08, 2024 4:17 pm

Jobcentre security guards are taking industrial action throughout May.

https://www.gmb.org.uk/news/more-than-1,000-job-centre-security-guards-to-strike

Ignatius

jobberpw, Pintel and Mousecat like this post

Back to top Go down

Jobcentre Security Guards Go On Strike  Empty Re: Jobcentre Security Guards Go On Strike

Post by The Catwoman Wed May 08, 2024 5:53 pm

There so hardworking, standing around all day.

The Catwoman

Pintel, Ignatius and Mousecat like this post

Back to top Go down

Jobcentre Security Guards Go On Strike  Empty Re: Jobcentre Security Guards Go On Strike

Post by Mousecat Wed May 08, 2024 6:03 pm

Ignatius wrote:Jobcentre security guards are taking industrial action throughout May.

https://www.gmb.org.uk/news/more-than-1,000-job-centre-security-guards-to-strike

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-universal-credit-administrative-earnings-threshold-amendment-regulations-2024-si-2024

Hey man probably to do with this latest earning thresholds hold claimants will be kicking off G4s security probably said screw this.

Have you seen the new earning thresholds for 13th? May universal credit and job seeker allowance A single claimant must earn 891£ or something like that. Sign on today still on JSA work roach. Did a killer ninja 🥷 on my ass say we need you off this benefit first time? She said I need job search applications. Next time you show me your emails was like, WTF? I'm working and studying. What the fuck is wrong with you? I went back home and looked online. Mel Stride did make a statement on this wants the benefits bill cut down anyone working less than 18 hours will need to seek full time work. Starting from 13th May....

Literally, if I start to increase my working hours to 14 hours, my whole claim is wiped out. Even going on universal credit, I get nil in benefits. They can get stuffed me working full time ain't going to happen, and I ain't going to pay any rip off tax.

These cunts ain't forcing me to do job search in the job centre four times a week using their COVID-infected computers, costing me £25 in train fares wish the migration letter come quick enough this stress isn't worth £80 a month single allowance. Be no allowance if they make me turn up at the job centre job searching. I'm not having it.

Mousecat

Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Wed May 08, 2024 7:06 pm

It will interesting ( at least to me) to see how the JCP 🚽 staff respond to this industrial action.🤔 If it goes ahead...
Will they cancel in person appointments, switch to a telephone 📞 service... As you might imagine the Roach's clown, not wanting to insighting trouble. When the security isnt covering there back🤨.

Also any idea of the JCP's effected?

Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius and Mousecat like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mousecat Wed May 08, 2024 7:22 pm

Pintel wrote:It will interesting ( at least to me) to see how the JCP 🚽 staff respond to this industrial action.🤔 If it goes ahead...
Will they cancel in person appointments, switch to a telephone 📞 service... As you might imagine the Roach's clown, not wanting to insighting trouble. When the security isnt covering there back🤨.

Also any idea of the JCP's effected?

They better make it telephone appointments going to get really nasty.

I do feel bad that roaches are just following these ridiculous orders from the government; hardly any jobs in my area many have closed down since COVID, and the national wage increased this April. Also, tories scum made zero-hour contracts, and now they want us to do more to cut down on the benefits bill plenty fist fights soon they have simply pushed us to hard this time around that earning thershold went up 3 times in the last 12 months good if you have no kids but a single mother will have limits on the hours they can work what world are we living in roach tells you to quit your employment and seek more hours or face sanctions no wonder why mental health on the up.

Wonder if you become abusive or aggressive they will move you over to telephone appointments only.

Mousecat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Wed May 08, 2024 7:28 pm

It's only security guards who are in the GBM union who are downing tools, (or should that be body cams and walkie talkies??) so it may not impact the whole jobcentre network. Looking online for news about this strike, most jobcentres have remained open, although I found details of one in Nottingham which had closed. As you say Pintel, the WC reaction to this is intriguing.

No idea which jobcentres may be effected but I am due to sign on next week on a strike day so who knows what will happen. It could pose quite the dilemma. I'm usually in favour of industrial action and would not normally cross a picket line, but I don't think that would constitute good reason for failing to attend.

Ignatius

Pintel and Mousecat like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Thu May 09, 2024 1:31 pm

You would imagine that the JCP 🚽s, union (PSu?). Would have some solidarity/empathy with the security staff. While I have no 💜 luv lost for the Work Roach's clown or Security Staff in the JCP🚽.
However, a case for a 💣 Hostile/Dangerous ⚡work environment, could be argued... And therefore the Roach's, could down tools 🛠️...🧐

Are the G4s/Security staff, see as no better than the Claimants that come through the doors 🚪....🤨

Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Thu May 09, 2024 5:45 pm

If a jobcentre can open without security staff for a day then are security staff really that necessary?

Ignatius

jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Fri May 10, 2024 1:33 pm

Yes indeed #Ignatius. Maybe when the DWP🚽 need to 'streamline' their budget... They could replace the human security staff, with a cardboard 🗿 facsimiles of them🥸..

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/08/18/england-police-deploy-cardboard-officers-deter-speeders/
Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Fri May 10, 2024 2:13 pm

Surely with your artistic/emoji skills you are just the person to create these cardboard cutout security goons, Pintel. With public sector procurement being what it is, the DWP will probably overpay you by several hundred million for your efforts.

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Fri May 10, 2024 3:06 pm

Ha ha ha  and Ha #Ignatius...😆😆😆😆
Your too kind... However, I feel a need for a more competent hands 🤚at the helm 🧭.. Than this old deckhand, with my Hook🪝/prosthetic hand... Evil or Very Mad

Still I like the idea 🤔of a competitive tendering of the contract. And then selecting the highest quote. To keep the economy active (word 🥗) or waste more tax payers 💸 money....🧐.

Besides, what pose would be choosen for these Faux cutouts of Security 🦺personnel?  Answers on a postcard ✉..

scratch
Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon May 13, 2024 12:32 pm

When I signed on earlier the security guards were on duty, despite today being a strike day.

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Mon May 13, 2024 5:52 pm

Well I can sleep 🌜easier tonight, known the Security Guards where at there station. And it wasn't some Propoganda stunt...🤗

However, are you sure it was a regular 'security personnel'. And not an imposter pretending to work for the security detail...🤔

Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon May 13, 2024 7:07 pm

It was the usual security - Mr Beard, Mr Muscle in the World's Tightest Trousers and Ms Misery Guts. I suppose they could have been body doubles.

In other news, my jobcentre appears to have employed a Butlins Redcoat to do reception. None of this grumpy stuff, instead a big smile, a booming good morning and being told I hope your appointment goes well. Hi Di Hi!

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Mon May 13, 2024 8:29 pm

Wow #St Ignatius... I am surprise you ever leave your JCP🚽.... The Art🎨 Muriels, Meet and Greet... What next a complentry Coffee ☕ + 🍰 Cake, for each claimant...

For those to young to remember the Classic BBC tv📺...🤗

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lKhaGLy2oxA&pp=ygUOaGkgZGUgaGkgc29uZyA%3D

The best I can expect is a look of disgust and directions to the Lofa-Sofa🛋️... 🤬
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Mon May 13, 2024 10:03 pm

Hope these jobsworths are planning a real big one, with zero disruption to us hardworking curtain twitching skivers.

Was hoping the roaches were doing this. Such a disappointment.

I hear through the grapevine a big civil servant cull is coming! Twisted Evil
jobberpw
jobberpw

Pintel, The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Tue May 14, 2024 11:40 am

A big civil service cull is a coming? Well, I may have inadvertently contributed to that. I felt a bit achey yesterday but dutifully attended my signing appointment. This morning I am properly unwell with some strange symptoms and have done an instantly positive COVID test. Hopefully I haven't infected my local jobcentre.

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue May 14, 2024 3:05 pm

Any idea which areas/departments, as another thread comments that the DWP 🚽are recruiting, bodies to harass UC claimant's 🤬.

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t4980-dwp-announces-new-2500-strong-team-for-bank-account-benefits-crackdown#19491

⛩ #Ignatius, are you sure your Covid symptoms. Aren't just 'withdrawal' from your Job centre 🎠experience 🤒... Must be one non stop psychodelic ride 💊. At your local...🧐. Your just going through 'cold 🦃 turkey, old chap'???

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5THh7yp530g&pp=ygUgdHJhaW5zcG90dGluZyBiZWRyb29tIHNjZW5lIHNvbmc%3D

Ps: Is your Local JCP 🚽, registered as a place of local interest by the tourist board, Ignatius.🧐
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Fri May 17, 2024 7:22 am

I think prison guards are on the way as a career upgrade. They have transferable skills Twisted Evil Very Happy .
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down