BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with pitch fees ???

3 posters

Go down

Help with pitch fees ??? Empty Help with pitch fees ???

Post by Sandie3656 Mon May 06, 2024 10:36 am

Hi, looking for advice on rent allowance.
I have received a section 21 from my Landlady's son as she passed away 2 weeks ago and he wants to sell the property.
The housing market isn't affordable for myself and my husband as I'm disabled and he is my carer.
So we are on benefits. I also have an emotional support dog.
We are entitled to £634pm rent allowance but properties are in access of £850pm so we would have to pay the top up ourselves.

I have a touring caravan which I'm thinking maybe a cheaper alternative to private renting.
I understand the 28 day ruling on holiday campsites and found a site that will allow us to pitch for 6 months.
Does anyone know if I would be able to get help with paying the site fees on a temporary pitch?
Thanks 😊

Sandie3656

Back to top Go down

Help with pitch fees ??? Empty Re: Help with pitch fees ???

Post by Ignatius Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

I know pretty much f-all about housing allowance/UC housing element rules.

Does the benefits system view pitch fees in the same way as service charges/ground rent? It is probably worth a call to your council tomorrow to find out.

The stressful option is to refuse to leave and if you are evicted and thus homeless, your council is more likely to help. Of course, not really a suitable solution, particularly if you get on with your landlord or are not the confrontational type.

If you haven't already done so, look on Shelter 's website.

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon May 06, 2024 11:40 am

According to Shelter pitch fees may be covered by Housing Allowance.

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 06, 2024 9:22 pm

Sandie3656 wrote:Hi, looking for advice on rent allowance.
I have received a section 21 from my Landlady's son as she passed away 2 weeks ago and he wants to sell the property.
The housing market isn't affordable for myself and my husband as I'm disabled and he is my carer.
So we are on benefits. I also have an emotional support dog.

just so you know you cannot be given a notice of eviction section 21 by the son as the property is still going through other things

however your tennency still stands it dosnt matter if the have just taken over your still under a rolling contract with them

If the tenancy is over a fixed term, the terms in the tenancy agreement still stand. If the tenancy is a rolling, periodic arrangement, the tenant must give one month's notice to quit, while the executor should provide two months' notice.

since its only 2 weeks since owner has passed grant of probate wont have been done either

Once a grant of probate or grant of letters of administration has been awarded, the executor or administrator may serve a section 21 notice and/or section 8 

i will give you my search but my advice seek pro help as fast as you can

https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/private_renting/what_happens_if_your_landlord_dies

https://www.google.com/search?q=section+21+notice+after+death+of+owner&sca_esv=be445f0cc062ab15&ei=6jk5ZteYEv6ThbIP3q21qAg&oq=section+21+notice+after+death+of&gs_lp=Egxnd3Mtd2l6LXNlcnAiIHNlY3Rpb24gMjEgbm90aWNlIGFmdGVyIGRlYXRoIG9mKgIIAzIFECEYoAEyBRAhGKABMgUQIRigATIFECEYoAFIvmxQsghYlkhwAXgBkAEAmAGyAaABwQ-qAQQwLjE1uAEDyAEA-AEBmAIQoAL4EMICChAAGLADGNYEGEfCAg0QABiABBiwAxhDGIoFwgIFEAAYgATCAgYQABgWGB7CAgsQABiABBiGAxiKBcICCBAAGIAEGKIEwgIHECEYoAEYCsICBBAhGBWYAwCIBgGQBgqSBwQxLjE1oAepWQ&sclient=gws-wiz-serp
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 06, 2024 9:32 pm

ive spoken to a few caravan residents before now and dwp have paid for the rent of the caravan and also the plot fee

however on certain sites you must leave for a certain period of time council rules it can be 3 months where you cannot live in the caravan but can reapply for let in the new season again

a pitch is different and its certainly under they may pay it

however you term yourself as disabled and need a carer it wont be in your best interests to go this way if only renting a plot

im sorry if your being priced out of the area but its either pay or leave thats the price of renting and the same is said if your buying ive seen many areas over priced by outsiders buying into the area and the locals are left with unaffordable homes from it
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down