BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missed a Restart appt, for the first time

5 posters

Go down

Missed a Restart appt, for the first time Empty Missed a Restart appt, for the first time

Post by JaybeeInRB Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:16 am

Had a family emergency that came up, but in addition the usual SMS didn't come through to notify me...who's bad is this?

JaybeeInRB

Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Missed a Restart appt, for the first time Empty Re: Missed a Restart appt, for the first time

Post by Ignatius Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:40 am

The provider guidance is your friend here. Unless the appointment had been made via a mandatory activity notice, it is voluntary and thus not a sanctionable failure. The general rule is that they are supposed to give you the opportunity to attend voluntarily, with mandation the last resort when people repeatedly fail to attend. On that basis a second consecutive missed appointment will start to put you on sticky ground.

Ignatius

Pintel and JaybeeInRB like this post

Back to top Go down

Missed a Restart appt, for the first time Empty Re: Missed a Restart appt, for the first time

Post by JaybeeInRB Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 am

Ignatius wrote:The provider guidance is your friend here. Unless the appointment had been made via a mandatory activity notice, it is voluntary and thus not a sanctionable failure. The general rule is that they are supposed to give you the opportunity to attend voluntarily, with mandation the last resort when people repeatedly fail to attend. On that basis a second consecutive missed appointment will start to put you on sticky ground.

Nice one!  Strictly speaking I DID miss the previous one, but I mailed to the Retard Advisor that publicly verifiable transport difficulties, constituting force majeure, prevented making that appointment.  As that was over a week ago and I got a, "Yeah no worries" reply , I have to assume it doesn't count as a first strike.

JaybeeInRB

Back to top Go down

Post by The Catwoman Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:10 pm

Tell them you were sick overnight.

The Catwoman

Pintel, Ignatius and JaybeeInRB like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:11 pm

If they want it to, it will count as a first strike. Catwoman's advice to plead illness is sound. Your provider is probably as lazy as all of them and would rather not have the hassle of filling in forms and contacting the jobcentre. However, that needs to be balanced with their contractual obligations to record and act upon repeated failure to attend without good reason. Ultimately their loyalty is to the DWP who hand them juicy contracts. That is why people do find themselves with sanction doubts over non-attendance. In other words, watch your back when it comes to missing appointments - it won't be a problem until it is a problem.

Ignatius

Pintel and The Catwoman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:51 pm

I would just tell them the truth about your situation. As said before. It's still voluntary until it's mandated and even then it must be mandated correctly.
oneman
oneman

Pintel, Ignatius and JaybeeInRB like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JaybeeInRB Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:14 pm

oneman wrote:I would just tell them the truth about your situation. As said before. It's still voluntary until it's mandated and even then it must be mandated correctly.

Well I've heard nothing from Restart/JC since this morning so I presume all's well. I think the concern expressed by others here is that I not build too extensive a picture of overall non-compliance, given my only recently reconciled difficulties.

JaybeeInRB

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:33 pm

They will just send you another appointment. I think they should give you at least 48 hours notice.

Ignatius

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:46 pm

They should #Ingatius, but I have read in the past these Scurvy Swabs 🥴. Have a tendency to arrange appointments, at the drop of a 🎩, with a few hrs notice! So need to be careful...
Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:01 pm

I've heard of people getting sent appointment details at weekends for the following Monday.

If you don't get 48 hours notice you would probably be able to show good reason for not attending.

A few strategic absences now and again are ok, but too many missed appointments so soon after starting Restart may arouse suspicion - or punishment attendance at one of their pointless in-house courses.

Ignatius

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 pm

Ignatius wrote:I've heard of people getting sent appointment details at weekends for the following Monday.

If you don't get 48 hours notice you would probably be able to show good reason for not attending.

A few strategic absences now and again are ok, but too many missed appointments so soon after starting Restart may arouse suspicion - or punishment attendance at one of their pointless in-house courses.

Ignatius. You know better than what you have just said.

You can ask to be contacted by post only and you know it. Rolling Eyes
cyclops
oneman
oneman

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:52 pm

I know, I know. I will atone by reminding anyone unaware that, as the guidance makes clear, it is the participant, not the provider, who chooses whether they can contact you by email, phone or letter. Given the price of stamps these days, it is your duty to request all communication by letter. They will hate you some more then.

Ignatius

Pintel and The Catwoman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:56 pm

And don't forget the Huffing and Puffing, your get as they turn the 'Gaslighting' up. Whenever, you mention postal communications... As my grandmother used to say 'A Letter 📨 is Better'.
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down