BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confused over DWP ESA award letter ?

3 posters

Go down

Confused over DWP ESA award letter ? Empty Confused over DWP ESA award letter ?

Post by Stephen Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:41 am

Hello ,
I have been ill for a long period but was in full time employment for the required 2 years prior to becoming unfit for work following a very bad accident in 1996 .

I receive annually a letter but am uncertain which ESA I am awarded ?

I shall write the decision and hope Someone can clarify please ?

The Employment and Support Allowance Award

The payment of Employment and Support Allowance is based on Your National Insurance Contribution records and any additional amount the law says You need to live on .

Your living expenses £74.70p

Limited capability for work addition

Extra money because you are in the Support group £39.40p

Which gives a total income-related amount £114.10p

INCOME AND BENEFITS

No income will be taken off Your Employment and Support Allowance

Your income-related amount is £114.10p less £0.00p so You would have been entitled to £114.10p

However because You are entitled to Contribution-based Employment and Support Allowance We will pay You £114.10p

Would a knowledgeable forum member please confirm I receive only Contribution-based ESA please ?

The figures are out of date as the letter is from 2021 as I do not have a current one to hand ,

Thank You in advance,
Stephen .

Stephen

oneman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Confused over DWP ESA award letter ? Empty Re: Confused over DWP ESA award letter ?

Post by Absolut Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:28 am

https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/employment-and-support-allowance-contribution-based

Prior to 3 April 2017 if you were placed in the Work Related Activity group you were awarded an additional component. New claims since this date do not have the additional component on top of the assessment rate as the work related activity component was abolished.

existing Employment and Support Allowance claimants who made a claim before 3 April 2017, they will continue to get the Work-related activity which is £33.70 a week from April 2023.

You should be getting £84.80 plus £33.70 = £118.50. What amount goes into your bank?

In 2012 they changed the contribution based rules.

Those with limited or no means of supporting themselves and those who are most severely affected by their medical conditions will continue to receive Employment and Support Allowance support even after 365 days.

From what I can gather you fell into the group most severely affected and your contribution based ESA continued beyond 365 days. As you've not had a statement from them since 2021 and that letter says contribution-based ESA then it likely means there has been no change to that.
Absolut
Absolut

oneman and Stephen like this post

Back to top Go down

Confused over DWP ESA award letter ? Empty Re: Confused over DWP ESA award letter ?

Post by Stephen Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:13 pm

Many Thanks ,
I am very grateful and wish all members a Happy Christmas .

Stephen

oneman, Absolut and The Catwoman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:46 pm

I have to agree with Absolut.

You need a benefit check and I'm trying to keep you away from CAB (citizens advise) as they are good but they are funded (mainly by the government, you want to avoid)
Try the calculator on.

Turn2 us.
https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChcSEwjk9fqdmKGDAxXCgYMHHcRsANkYABADGgJlZg&ase=2&gclid=Cj0KCQiA4Y-sBhC6ARIsAGXF1g63yohYgqDLcR-HlNBB0LSvWgWchJb7wzFSHMJOKklhVS5GPB6Sy8saAlIKEALw_wcB&sig=AOD64_1iZbp4Q3UxMe2N9btweU3nVOyAlA&q&nis=4&adurl&ved=2ahUKEwiU8_OdmKGDAxWhnf0HHcNyCzYQ0Qx6BAgJEAE

I'm sorry but Things aren't quite working out for me as I previously predicted. I will amend it:( .
oneman
oneman

Stephen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:57 am

Thank You ,
my benefits are correct ..that was from a 2021 sheet as I have mislaid My latest letters in a house move ..I was trying to establish I was awarded contribution based ESA as the letters arent the clearest ..My current amounts are as Absolut posted .

Stephen

oneman and Absolut like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down