BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Out of the blue JCP call to confirm I am still seeking work - JSA

4 posters

Go down

Out of the blue JCP call to confirm I am still seeking work - JSA Empty Out of the blue JCP call to confirm I am still seeking work - JSA

Post by cc120 Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm

Out of the blue, no letter, no nothing to alert me to the start of phone calls from JCP on the day I normally signed on, so that I could confirm that I still qualify for the benefit I receive, which is JSA.

I missed the initial call, message left to say that if I didn't answer when called again that my benefits would be stopped.

I called on the 0800 6404999 number 1471 informed me was used. Automatic message stated, we called today but you were unavailable, we will call again no need to contact us again.

Luckily I was available later in the day when JCP called again. A few questions, eg still searching for work, how many jobs I applied for. Was informed that in this case my benefits would be issued. But that I would be called the same day in a fortnight, if ever I don't answer the phone they would stop my benefits.

However, I read on Respectful Benefits that I have 5 days, after the call, to get back to JCP before they can stop my benefits.

cc120

bully3061 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Out of the blue JCP call to confirm I am still seeking work - JSA Empty Re: Out of the blue JCP call to confirm I am still seeking work - JSA

Post by jobberpw Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:01 pm

Hi cc120,

If you have a journal, post to your journal. Tell roach club 'you wish to be contacted by a phone number that's displayed'' .

They will likely say 'we dont have a viewable number cos of................. some other crap they will invent. Just say fine. Then either, email or write to me by post. Sod all they can do about that as you have a right to be contacted in a way that YOU choose. Tell them that politely.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/193901/dwp-digital-strategy.pdf
DWP: "Increasing the scope and usage of digital services offers huge potential benefits for
users, Twisted Evil
for our staff and for the taxpayer."

The line of we tried to contact you and couldnt, puts doubt in many peoples minds as to what they were actually contacting them about. As such, better for claimants to have everything in written format. If they phone, record them, as you just can not trust them.

If you want to avoid any undue hassle tell roach shop if they insist on using phone appointment you want to be informed of date and time. They should be able to accommodate that.
jobberpw
jobberpw

cc120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Out of the blue JCP call to confirm I am still seeking work - JSA Empty Re: Out of the blue JCP call to confirm I am still seeking work - JSA

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:19 pm

There's no journal for JSA unless you mean the written diary. Wasn't jobsearch requirement suspended during Covid? I don't know because I signed off JSA in October.

Back to top Go down

Post by D.Appleby Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:11 pm

cc120 wrote:Out of the blue, no letter, no nothing to alert me to the start of phone calls from JCP on the day I normally signed on, so that I could confirm that I still qualify for the benefit I receive, which is JSA.

I missed the initial call, message left to say that if I didn't answer when called again that my benefits would be stopped.

I called on the 0800 6404999 number 1471 informed me was used. Automatic message stated, we called today but you were unavailable, we will call again no need to contact us again.

Luckily I was available later in the day when JCP called again. A few questions, eg still searching for work, how many jobs I applied for. Was informed that in this case my benefits would be issued. But that I would be called the same day in a fortnight, if ever I don't answer the phone they would stop my benefits.

However, I read on Respectful Benefits that I have 5 days, after the call, to get back to JCP before they can stop my benefits.

If you fail to participate in a lawful JSA notification you will need to provide good reason for that failure.  Your JSA claim will be closed after 5 working days if you don't contact DWP.

D.Appleby

cc120 and jobberpw like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:58 pm

Re: Out of the blue JCP call to confirm I am still seeking work - JSA
Post by Miguel1975 Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:19 pm

There's no journal for JSA unless you mean the written diary. Wasn't jobsearch requirement suspended during Covid? I don't know because I signed off JSA in October"The DWP has also suspended all work search and work-related requirements for Universal Credit and legacy benefits for an initial period of three months

June 2020 probably out of date now depending on changes to restrictions/ tiers etc .
https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandpolicy/conditionality-covid19/

I was thinking along the lines of digital. As per usual, DWP I see are moving at donkey speed with JSA compared to UC claimants. They been using those silly little books for years. Only option with JSA is phone roach shop. Anyone doing so, I highly recommend to record the call. It's SO easy for them to say we never said that or, you misunderstood us. Example of what happened to me more than once.

Roach shop say they called on z date. They never. Eventually the call comes." Mr Jobber, you have an appointment today at Roach Ville joke shop, where are you?" Appointment in question was never made and agreed to but, didn't stop them inventing one Twisted Evil

Any appointment's can be arranged by letter only or pre arranged at any F2F.If that's needed Evil or Very Mad .
jobberpw
jobberpw

cc120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by D.Appleby Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:56 am

jobberpw wrote:

Any appointment's can be arranged by letter only or pre arranged at any F2F.If that's needed Evil or Very Mad .

JSA
2.1 participates on the day and at the place specified in a relevant notification but fails to participate at the correct time and
2.2 has been informed by the Emp O in writing that if they do not participate at the right time the next time they are required to participate then this may result in entitlement to JSA ceasing or a reduction being made to the award and
2.3 fails to participate at the right time on the next occasion and
2.4 makes contact with the Emp O in the manner set out in the notification before the end of 5 working days, those 5 days beginning with the first working day after the day on which they fail to participate at the correct time and
2.5 fails to show good reason for that failure a sanction may be imposed to the amount of benefit payable1.

Note 1: From 22.10.12 non - participation in the interview leads to disentitlement in all cases except where the claimant makes contact within 5 days in which case the DM considers a sanction2.
See DMG Chapter 20 for further guidance.
Note 2: For guidance on notification see DMG 20911 et seq. For guidance on good reason see DMG 34200 et seq.

For the meaning of Emp O see DMG 34015. For guidance on the length of a low-level sanction and when it should begin see DMG 34161et seq.1 JSA Regs, reg 70A(3) & (4) ; 2 reg 25Relevant notification

34835 The meaning of “relevant notification” in DMG 34834 is a notification to the claimant of when, where and how they are to participate in an interview1.
1 JSA Regs, reg 70A(5); reg 23 & 23A; reg 25(1A)34835

Notification can be given or sent to the claimant in writing, by telephone or by electronic means
1. However the claimant is notified he must be clearly informed of the date, time and place of the interview and the consequences of failing to take part (i.e. sanction) and a record of the notification and it's issue should be recorded in system records should it be required as evidence of notifications should any resulting decisions to sanction for a failure to participate be challenged.Note:See guidance at DMG 34033 et seq regarding notifications and the 'prior information information,

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/956594/dmgch34.pdf

Very similar for UC claimant who also need to know what type of interview they are being required to participate in, namely, a work search or a work focused interview.  

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/5/section/17/enacted

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/5/section/15/enacted

Notification is similar to JSA, the only difference is use of the UC Journal and the UC/CC.

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t4681-universal-credit-failure-to-attend-and-participate-in-jobcentre-telephone-interview#13805

D.Appleby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:31 am

I have been on Uc for almost 3 months. I had a lot of interaction with my roach but not once I have been asked about my job search. I have stopped uploading my job search to the journal and nobody seems to care much. I have also asked a few questions and they haven't been answered in a while. It seems a postcode lottery.

Back to top Go down

Post by cc120 Thu May 13, 2021 4:28 pm

Thank you all for the information and your comments.

I missed her first call. I called the 0800 640 4999 JCP number, automatic message saying 'we tried to contact you today. We will try again, you don't have to try to contact  us again'. She called again 5 hours later and I asked if I could receive email for jsa verification. She said well if you don't answer my call I won't verify your payments and instead you can come into the office to verify instead if you don't want verification calls. I asked if people are still going to the office, she said they were and I could come in as well if I don't want phone calls.

cc120

bully3061 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Tue May 18, 2021 10:33 am

Miguel1975 wrote:I have been on Uc for almost 3 months. I had a lot of interaction with my roach but not once I have been asked about my job search. I have stopped uploading my job search to the journal and nobody seems to care much. I have also asked a few questions and they haven't been answered in a while. It seems a postcode lottery.

I've been on JSA/UC respectively 5 years and had 1 call in 12 months. Twisted Evil Laughing They maybe busy but promised to get back to me...I can wait... believe me I can Twisted Evil Very Happy
jobberpw
jobberpw

cc120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Tue May 18, 2021 3:30 pm

Had no phone calls at all through the pandemic Jobberpw but now have regular 2 weekly calls from about the beginning of march.😞
oneman
oneman

Back to top Go down

Out of the blue JCP call to confirm I am still seeking work - JSA Empty Luckily change of 'coach'

Post by cc120 Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:54 am

cc120 wrote:Thank you all for the information and your comments.

I missed her first call. I called the 0800 640 4999 JCP number, automatic message saying 'we tried to contact you today. We will try again, you don't have to try to contact  us again'. She called again 5 hours later and I asked if I could receive email for jsa verification. She said well if you don't answer my call I won't verify your payments and instead you can come into the office to verify instead if you don't want verification calls. I asked if people are still going to the office, she said they were and I could come in as well if I don't want phone calls.
Luckily different 'coach' now, much nicer :-), calls every 2 weeks on my normal signing day.

cc120

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:12 am

Hi Oneman and CC120,

Not been around for a good while as been feeling under the weather so to speak.

Anyway, good to hear their still keeping the calls at a relatively low pace.And a humanized roach has materialised somewhere in England Smile .

Hopefully, things will remain that way.But who knows, what the aftermath of the covid-19 effects will have on roach shop etc despite all the tory drivel of 'all's well in the world of work and unemployment' Out of the blue JCP call to confirm I am still seeking work - JSA 1199018962 .
jobberpw
jobberpw

cc120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:20 am

Guest wrote:I have been on Uc for almost 3 months. I had a lot of interaction with my roach but not once I have been asked about my job search. I have stopped uploading my job search to the journal and nobody seems to care much. I have also asked a few questions and they haven't been answered in a while. It seems a postcode lottery.

Just wondering if your based in the North of UK? Maybe in the older age group 60+ or, very young? Those 2 aspects can have a bearing on them things. Of course, there will be real jobsworth roaches who feel; 60 plus age group is not a barrier to working on a building site, even though you spent the past 40 years in an office environment. Comes under their use of the definition being 'reasonable' lol! .
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by cc120 Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:00 pm

jobberpw wrote:
Guest wrote:I have been on Uc for almost 3 months. I had a lot of interaction with my roach but not once I have been asked about my job search. I have stopped uploading my job search to the journal and nobody seems to care much. I have also asked a few questions and they haven't been answered in a while. It seems a postcode lottery.

Just wondering if your based in the North of UK?  Maybe in the older age group 60+ or, very young? Those 2 aspects can have a bearing on them things. Of course, there will be real jobsworth roaches who feel; 60 plus age group is not a barrier to working on a building site, even though you spent the past 40 years in an office environment. Comes under their use of the definition being 'reasonable' lol! .
Yes, I'm 60+ and in North London.

cc120

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:46 pm

Hi CC120,

Sorry for my very late reply.

But, as i thought. You are the ideal person these vultures like to pray on Twisted Evil

I am of similar age and have experienced exactly as you but for far longer as many others will no doubt confirm their own ordeal at roach shop +. Play them at their own game. Much info on this and other forums to help ring fence some protection for yourself from the sheep herders Twisted Evil . They like many to be jumping around like headless chickens.

There is also an ageism lotto out there at roach shops too. At the moment, the focus will be on 18-35 group. And that's going to take a good while to find the many who need work. Roaches dont give a flying crap if its well paid...like you can actually live on the wages or; its something likeable, suitable to past skills. As long as your removed from their wonderful statistics list, that's all that really matters. Covid situation has put a completely different spin on things.

Also a heads up. Having a new roach isn't indicative of things will progress positively. They start off all nice and reel you in then push you down the deepest hole. Next thing you know, they'll have ya filling the fishfingers at some supermarket...night shift hours of course. Why? ''that's all that's available...is this something you would be interested in 'sir' Evil or Very Mad '' They can go as long as 3-6 months or even longer before the great offers will come and just pass people round from roach roach. Very Happy If you can afford to work for rice grains then there is plenty of work available.

jobberpw
jobberpw

Brutus and cc120 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cc120 Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:53 pm

jobberpw wrote:Hi CC120,

Sorry for my very late reply.

But, as i thought. You are the ideal person these vultures like to pray on Twisted Evil

I am of similar age and have experienced exactly as you but for far longer as many others will no doubt confirm their own ordeal at roach shop +. Play them at their own game. Much info on this and other forums to help ring fence some protection for yourself from the sheep herders Twisted Evil . They like many to be jumping around like headless chickens.

There is also an ageism lotto out there at roach shops too. At the moment, the focus will be on 18-35 group. And that's going to take a good while to find the many who need work. Roaches dont give a flying crap if its well paid...like you can actually live on the wages or; its something likeable, suitable to past skills. As long as your removed from their wonderful statistics list, that's all that really matters. Covid situation has put a completely different spin on things.

Also a heads up. Having a new roach isn't indicative of things will progress positively. They start off all nice and reel you in then push you down the deepest hole. Next thing you know, they'll have ya filling the fishfingers at some supermarket...night shift hours of course. Why? ''that's all that's available...is this something you would be interested in 'sir' Evil or Very Mad '' They can go as long as 3-6 months or even longer before the great offers will come and just pass people round from roach roach.  Very Happy If you can afford to work for rice grains then there is plenty of work available.
Thank you jobberpw. Can you point out where the letter templates are for complaining about roach treatment?

cc120

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:14 pm

They have their own complaints procedure but that is like telling yourself off. Don't bother with it and go through your MP.
oneman
oneman

cc120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cc120 Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:56 pm

oneman wrote:They have their own complaints procedure but that is like telling yourself off. Don't bother with it and go through your MP.

Thank you oneman.

cc120

oneman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down