BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JSA Jobcentre signing on appointments

4 posters

Go down

JSA Jobcentre signing on appointments Empty JSA Jobcentre signing on appointments

Post by Guest Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:45 pm

For those of you still on JSA. I've just rung the Jobcentre Plus Appointment Enquiries ([0800 169 0190) to ask if my next appointment, next week, will be in person or a phone interview.

It took a while to get through, but the adviser rang my jobcentre to check, then told me that it will be a phone interview at the appt time. They will put a note on my file about this, to say what information I was given, in case I don't get any other confirmation.

Don't know if this applies to all appointments, so best to check.

Back to top Go down

JSA Jobcentre signing on appointments Empty Re: JSA Jobcentre signing on appointments

Post by mt111 Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:01 am

I got the following email :

begin/

********Urgent - Do not attend JCP**********

From tomorrow 18.3.20, we will be advancing all JSA payments.    

You do not need to attend the Job Centre until further notice.

If you need to report part time earnings, a work coach will be contacting you tomorrow by phone.

/end

I dont know if its still necessary to jobsearch or not.

mt111

Back to top Go down

JSA Jobcentre signing on appointments Empty Re: JSA Jobcentre signing on appointments

Post by Pintel Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:36 am

Thanks @Mt111, will the JCP also give ample notice of when the Job-Centres will be reopening again... As you could see people being caught off guard and missing appointment. No
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:27 pm

The DWP have just announced that all appointments have been cancelled for the next 3 months:
https://twitter.com/DWP/status/1240651744159453187

I only wonder if we (on JSA) still have to do jobsearch and/or keep a note of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:16 pm

Miguel1975 wrote:The DWP have just announced that all appointments have been cancelled for the next 3 months:
https://twitter.com/DWP/status/1240651744159453187

I only wonder if we (on JSA) still have to do jobsearch and/or keep a note of it.

Work coaches barely have enough time to check two weeks of job search.
Now in three months they will have to check everyone's job search that could span up to three months, good luck with that Smile

Anyway, I would probably still look for jobs and record job search evidence. However now you don't have to worry about the Jobcentre for a few months.

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by mt111 Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:40 pm

Miguel1975 wrote:

I got another email today saying:

begin/

Until further notice, your attendance will not be required on your signing day for JSA.

Monies will be paid into your bank on your normal pay day.

You must continue with your work service activity as per your claimant commitment.

A work coach will contact you by telephone on your normal signing day.

Any changes of circumstances must be reported to benefit centre.

/end

...so i guess they will be asking about work search activity over the phone.

mt111

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:17 am

mt111 wrote:
Miguel1975 wrote:

I got another email today saying:

begin/

Until further notice, your attendance will not be required on your signing day for JSA.

Monies will be paid into your bank on your normal pay day.

You must continue with your work service activity as per your claimant commitment.

A work coach will contact you by telephone on your normal signing day.

Any changes of circumstances must be reported to benefit centre.

/end

...so i guess they will be asking about work search activity over the phone.
I didn't get this email. Are you on JSA or UC?

Back to top Go down

Post by mt111 Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:55 am

I'm on JSA.

mt111

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallazz Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:57 am

Miguel1975 wrote:
I didn't get this email.

Nor did I.

Gallazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down