BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tampering with a members' thread

3 posters

Go down

Tampering with a members' thread Empty Tampering with a members' thread

Post by Committed Claimant Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:00 am

London123 started the thread “Has anybody been on the Work and Health Programme?” seeking help with the issues around his referral to WHP and the consequences arising from that.

This thread has not deviated from its initial purpose, not like some which are happily allowed to wander into a whole variety of topics totally unrelated to the initial one with impunity.

I believe the member who started this thread will find it easier and more convenient to have a sort of continuum where he can find his whole story in one place, I certainly would, and I feel sure most readers would too. One can refer back to previous posts without having to trawl the site.

This Forum, I thought, is designed to help members with their issues and help members generally to learn from the experiences of others.

Where are the administrators? I didn’t realise there was a cap on the number posts on each thread or that members can unilaterally take control of another members’ thread and decide what’s to be done with it or what’s to go in it.

We’re not the DWP damn it. Where will it end, sanctions next?
Committed Claimant
Committed Claimant

Back to top Go down

Tampering with a members' thread Empty Re: Tampering with a members' thread

Post by Welfare-Champion Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:40 am

The understanding for long threads on this site is, circa 3-4 pages.  A new page is set up and not always by the person who started the post.

Most of the members here are long standing and trust one another to manage the site with very little intervention from Admin/the Mods.

Examples

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t2633p75-jsa-sanction-information

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t3250-jsa-sanction-information-2-updates

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t293-work-and-health-programme-part-2

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t116p50-work-and-health-programme?highlight=Work++%2BHealth+Programme

If members wish to change the current, flexible arrangement let Admin know.

I have never needed to think about this before. An explanation to London123 may have been helpful.

Welfare-Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Committed Claimant Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:54 pm

In the first example the member who started the initial thread never returned to Part 2. Apart from two posts on other matters within a couple weeks or so of the thread ending without notice he has not posted anything at all. That’s been nearly a year ago now. Could he have taken umbrage?

In the second example the member who started the first thread started Part 2. I assumed that the member who gave notice on the length of the first thread was a moderator. At least the member concerned was given the option and went along with it 'voluntarily', a word whose definition appears to have got lost in the usage.

I don’t understand why you should need to think about such matters at all unless you have some sort of authority to police the site. Let the Administrators administer and the Moderators moderate should be the order of the day. Otherwise we’ll have anarchy.

Anyway, many of us are quite used to watching our backs from DWP and its lackeys. It’s a poor do if we have to do likewise from fellow members.
Committed Claimant
Committed Claimant

Back to top Go down

Post by Welfare-Champion Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:53 pm

...There is no policing of this site by members that I am aware of.  I am sorry if that was your impression, but it certainly was not my intention.

Creating a 2nd thread does not prevent the flow of information/advice and it has no negative impact on members that I/others have been made aware of in the past 2-3 years.

Welfare-Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Committed Claimant Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:28 am

I notice you haven’t addressed the total irrelevance of the examples you gave to justify your actions.

“...There is no policing of this site by members that I am aware of.  I am sorry if that was your impression, but it certainly was not my intention.”

I was aware that some members scrutinised the site in order to throw mud at it and the members who try their best to help/support/advise members who join as a last resort seeking help to fight injustice. They come and they go. Usually they get short shrift when genuine members see through them.

“Creating a 2nd thread does not prevent the flow of information/advice and it has no negative impact on members……..”  

Not sure how you can assert this. Terminating the thread or going off topic does break the flow. That is why it is encouraged not to go off topic or wander over several threads.

By way of example just have a browse through the various welfare acts and regulations. How many times do you get referred in mid-flow to some other act or regulation that in turn refers you to another. Your average claimant will not have the capacity or patience to follow all that, far less make any sense of it all.

“…….that I/others have been made aware of in the past 2-3 years.”

This remark contradicts your first remark. Consistency should not be too much to ask even if honesty might not.

You have been a member for just over a year, the Forum has been live for just less than three years. It’s difficult to see how such a statement can be justified without a degree of surveillance over the past nearly 3 years by you and the others you plead in aid.

Add to that your insight into the internal thinking and workings of JCP as you relate it in your early posts that could only be gained from the inside, you will forgive me for being a tad suspicious.

Our sole purpose here should be to do our utmost to resist the worst effects of the welfare policy as it is implemented by JCP/DWP, not to thwart those who would come to us as a last resort for help.

I’ve seen nothing in the guidance/rules about having a cap on threads but this might be worth grasping before members take it upon themselves to snoop/monitor/police other members:

“Every member here is a part of our forum's family and has an equal voice –“

Always be wary of fifth columnists, saboteurs and agitators. Several Forums such as this one started up and came to grief since the Welfare Reform Act came into force. They went mainly because of internal implosion by bad ‘un infiltrators. Many of the old timers on this site know from bitter experience what happens when internal strife breeds apathy, lack and loss of interest and members.
Committed Claimant
Committed Claimant

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:15 pm

admin is watching the site more than you may think

just so you know this

as goes for the post id decided to let it go over the 5 page lock the thread post please start another 2nd post of the same name

id done this under a test scenario and also see if you guys might be interested in it not being locked

as you all said it was getting a little long and info can easily get lost in all that posting

the post locking reference does come from tts site though as some posts did get too long on there

as well as if members ask for it it can also be locked as well

oh and we police ourselves just like on tts site where if members get out of hand which we all do every now and again

its always becareful what you say we are all human and we all make mistakes

even i have to becareful with my mouth
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down