BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maybe got a new job, training costs and sanctions?

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Maybe got a new job, training costs and sanctions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Maybe got a new job, training costs and sanctions?

Post by Caker Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:51 pm

Well done Jara, for standing your ground Very Happy
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Maybe got a new job, training costs and sanctions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Maybe got a new job, training costs and sanctions?

Post by Admin Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:54 pm

also well done just a point here watch out for a sanction being placed against you if they do please get intouch here

we will try to help you out

as you noticed not everything they tell you is fact quetsion it or put them to the test they either back off or try other channels to get you so watch out for it
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:30 pm

Nothing have really progressed with the job. The employer claims the DBS-check failed as I am more or less a ghost in the system. We are now trying a paper DBS-thing instead of doing it online. I really hope it go through. My work coach have mentioned if I fail any of these checks because of a mistake I will be sanctioned so I am a little bit nervous about that too.

Also I been trying to prepare a claim for Working Tax Credit so I can get some money between JSA sign-off date and payday. My employer doesn't want to give me their tax reference number, so I am not sure how I am going to make it money wise for a while after I signed off.

But yeah my plan is after I got employed to save some money and then start up a business on my own.

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:02 pm

Jara wrote:Nothing have really progressed with the job. The employer claims the DBS-check failed as I am more or less a ghost in the system.

That sounds a bit odd. There is no 'pass' or fail' with a DBS. It either comes back as 'no convictions found' or it shows up ones that are registered against your name. Do you believe what the employer has said?

We are now trying a paper DBS-thing instead of doing it online. I really hope it go through.

I hope the employer is not saying that as a scam in order to trick you into paying twice cyclops

My work coach have mentioned if I fail any of these checks because of a mistake I will be sanctioned so I am a little bit nervous about that too.

What does your work coach mean by 'fail any of these checks because of a mistake'?   You cannot be sanctioned because of the outcome of the DBS, whatever outcome is obtained from it. Your work coach needs to be challenged about that.

Also I been trying to prepare a claim for Working Tax Credit so I can get some money between JSA sign-off date and payday. My employer doesn't want to give me their tax reference number, so I am not sure how I am going to make it money wise for a while after I signed off.

Why does the employer not want to give you the tax reference number?  That sounds dodgy to me  affraid What is the employer expecting you to do?

I am suspicious of both the employer and the work coach pale
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:11 pm

The employer are paying for the DBS checks. I am not sure what to believe as I have never done a DBS before.

I got the impression the work coach meant if I made a mistake when writing down information on the DBS. I have no intention of trying to fail the DBS.

I also have no idea about the tax reference number. I decided not to be pushy about it.

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by helping_hand Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:26 pm

Financial Help returning to work:

https://www.gov.uk/moving-from-benefits-to-work/support-when-you-start-working

https://www.gov.uk/budgeting-help-benefits/eligibility

Flexible Support Fund
If you are a customer of Jobcentre Plus, you may be able to get a payment from the Flexible Support Fund to cover any expenses you run up while taking up work or training. However, it's up to your local Jobcentre Plus to decide whether it will meet these costs.

Until you are an employee of the business you won't usually be given a Tax Reference Number so that you may claim Tax Credits in advance.

Edit:
How to avoid mistakes on a DBS application
https://www.ucheck.co.uk/how-to-avoid-mistakes-on-a-dbs-application/

Last edited by helping_hand on Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
helping_hand
helping_hand

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:39 pm

@Jara, am I right to understand that you want the tax reference after you start the job?

I presume you are intending to sign off from the day you start the job.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:56 am

Thank you helping_hand, I will look into the this support fund for some help!

@Cake, I would like it before but I guess I am going have to wait until after I started. And yes, I will be signing off on the day I am starting work.

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:33 am

@Jara I hope it all goes well for you. Cool
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:31 pm

A quick update about my new job. There won't be long now until I can start my new job. Now that I am done helping my friend going to the Jobcentre I am just going to do a JSA28 to skip a couple of appointments.

On the JSA28 it tells me to put down dates. I know I can get 14 days. Start date will be 23/08/2017. Am I right to assume end date ("What date do you think you will be well again?") should be 06/09/2017? Before I been assuming that field should be the last day I am ill but I just noticed it says "well again".

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:39 pm

I suspect you would be 'well again' on the 15th day following a 14 day illness.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:41 pm

Caker wrote:I suspect you would be 'well again' on the 15th day following a 14 day illness.

Me too but I just want to be sure Smile

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2