BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UNIVERSAL CREDIT SIGNING BACK ON

+2
Welfare-Champion
mark9999
6 posters

Go down

UNIVERSAL CREDIT SIGNING BACK ON Empty UNIVERSAL CREDIT SIGNING BACK ON

Post by mark9999 Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:19 pm

Hi guys used be menber of the old unemployment movement website, more lurker than anything on old site lol

it is my last day at work today Rolling Eyes was on jsa before starting this job on march1st last year.

Looks like i will have to make claim of universal credit online tueday Rolling Eyes

worryed what happens next now

1 do i have to record job search and things online now? opted out before on jsa can i still do that?

2, any orther advise before filling online form in?

very worryed at min about going back to jobcentre, but gaid this site is still around Very Happy

Thanks mark

mark9999

Back to top Go down

UNIVERSAL CREDIT SIGNING BACK ON Empty Re: UNIVERSAL CREDIT SIGNING BACK ON

Post by Welfare-Champion Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:20 pm

mark9999 wrote:Hi guys used be menber of the old unemployment movement website, more lurker than anything on old site lol

it is my last day at work today Rolling Eyes was on jsa before starting this job on march1st last year.

Looks like i will have to make claim of universal credit online tueday Rolling Eyes

worryed what happens next now

1 do i have to record job search and things online now? opted out before on jsa can i still do that?

2, any orther advise before filling online form in?

very worryed at min about going back to jobcentre, but gaid this site is still around Very Happy

Thanks mark

Hi Mark

Glad you found it here. Smile

Some info which may help you:-

Applying for UC
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/universal-credit/claiming/applying-for-universal-credit/

Going to your interview
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/universal-credit/claiming/going-to-your-interview/

Step by step guide
https://www.choice-housing.org/media/3308/step-by-step-guide-to-making-and-maintaining-a-universal-credit-clain.pdf

Tips about using your online journal
https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t3475-uc-journal-tips-for-optimal-use-and-management

Advances and managing your money
https://www.understandinguniversalcredit.gov.uk/new-to-universal-credit/help-with-managing-your-money/

Edit:

New help service is now live

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t3536-universal-credit-help-to-claim-service-launched-by-citizens-advice

Welfare-Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:07 pm

Hello Mark.
My advice is don't make a claim until you have had everything (wages, holiday pay) from your employer.

I recently claimed UC after a short job. I waited until I had my wages then made a claim.

After this I was paid my accrued holiday pay by the employer and that was deducted (at the taper rate of 63 pence in the pound) from my first UC payment.

I am glad I waited until my wages were paid, because if I had not then that would have been deducted (at the taper rate) too. My first payment (5 weeks later) would have been vanishingly small and that would be my lot until the same date on the following month.

Be very careful. Your work sometimes just helps the DWP and not you. UNIVERSAL CREDIT SIGNING BACK ON 3268580443
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:58 pm

ripped off twice as i see it

sign off when you start first day at job but you have to still wait a week or longer in hand before first wage packet

then ripped off again when you sign back on
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mark9999 Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:47 pm

Thanks for the advice, get my last pay check with holiday pay etc on monday 8th of april
Sould I make my claim on tueday 9th?

Thanks mark

mark9999

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:45 am

mark9999 wrote:Thanks for the advice, get my last pay check with holiday pay etc on monday 8th of april

Thanks mark

Correct!

Relevant info:

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t3400-when-to-claim-uc#9021
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:39 pm

mark9999 wrote:Thanks for the advice, get my last pay check with holiday pay etc on monday 8th of april

Thanks mark

Check that it is in you bank before you make the actual UC claim. In my experience, sometimes payslips get issued ahead of the actual money going into the bank (happened twice with 2 different employers). HMRC will tell DWP about your wages in regard to the date the employer transferred the money into your account, so it is as well to make sure that you are in the clear cherry  (we have no banana skin icon but if we did I would insert it here).

Last edited by Caker on Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:41 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by mark9999 Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:28 pm

got my claimant commitment 2.30pm tueday 23th wish me luck lol, anything to look out for? what happens at this meeting? being over a year since last signed on.

mark9999

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:07 pm

@Mark

Beware that they don't put in the claimant commitment any of the following (unless you want to agree to do them  geek ):-

1) I will spend 35 hours per week looking for work.
2) I will upload a CV to my universal credit account.
3) I will login to my universal credit account regularly / specific number of times / any other interval.
4) I will obtain a passport / bank account / anything else specified by the work coach.
5) I will provide my job search evidence via my universal credit journal.
6) I will email my CV / job search evidence / anything else to my work coach.
7) I will apply for any job which my work coach thinks I am capable of doing.

This list is not exhaustive but it gives an idea of what you might come up against.

Do not admit to having any access to personal transport (even if you do) as you may get mandated to jobs / job-search further away (90 minutes doorstep to doorstep is a smaller area if you are dependent upon public transport UNIVERSAL CREDIT SIGNING BACK ON 3889284177  ) up to you how for you want to go.

Do not admit to having any personal internet access. They can expect fewer hours of on-line job search if you are restricted to public library usage only.

Do not admit to having any sort of telephone, although I suspect that you provided a number as part of your on-line application UNIVERSAL CREDIT SIGNING BACK ON 3268580443 . Getting a random, machine generated text at any hour of the day or night can be alarming, especially since they say that you 'need to login to your universal credit account' and when you do, it is often some vacuous message that was never urgent.

Be sure your claimant commitment documents all health related restrictions upon the types of work you are able to. This works even if you don't have documentary evidence of these.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Welfare-Champion Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:10 pm

Don't worry too much about your CC, you can ask for a revocation/revision at any time.

Welfare-Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by mark9999 Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:14 pm

Thanks for your replys guys, feel i am going to have some problems with this advisor. Did not see your post till after meeting caker. the prepare for cc meeting notes i put were not their for meeting. she put 1,2,3,5 on my claimant commitment even tho i said would being in paper diary i would make and come in with on work review days.

funny thing at interview no appointment cards were given or paper version of this cc were given at meeting even tho i asked. said had to check uc online for them during interview she keep asking me about 6 times to log and agree to cc their and then. put on my to do list upload c.v by this weekend.

at meeting she put me on preparing for work course at national careers service office in town at 2.30 tomorrow she say everyone at my jobcentre has to do it only two hour course she say but notting on my to do list says it just two hours

mark9999

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:39 pm

Sorry to read of this stitch up Mark.

No one has to agree to the cc there and then. As long as you can access a computer, you can do it any time. I recommend you take a copy before you do, otherwise you will have nothing to refer to.

Keep screen grabs of all appointments (if you can). Another diligent member (Hat tip, MrFrankZola) has suggested that you put a message in your UCj confirming the date of the appointment, as I understand that your messages cannot be deleted by a work coach but other things could be.

With regard to uploading a CV, it is not mandatory but that is more tricky to argue once it is in your cc. I have found that uploading a password protected PDF document will register as 'document uploaded' in the UCj but the WC will not have any access to it. This can then be passed off as an IT problem for which the WC needs to contact the DWP IT dept UNIVERSAL CREDIT SIGNING BACK ON 3889284177

Finally, the course that has been arranged: have you been mandated correctly to that? Have you been told all about the course? Have you been given opportunities to ask questions? if so, what answers were you given? What paperwork have you been given in connection with it?

I am not sure you can be mandated to group activity Suspect

This needs scrutiny.

Last edited by Caker on Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:30 am

1) I will spend normally spend 35 hours per week looking for work.

You can do as Caker suggests or say you had problems and provide a clerical copy

3) I will login to my universal credit account regularly / specific number of times / any other interval.

I understand that I can choose my contact preference

I understand I can provide my work search in a manner I choose

If you wish to challenge, I can prepare a revision letter if you like.
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by mark9999 Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:35 pm

Thanks caker and non deficere. sent you a copy non deficere of what she wants me to agree to. Did the meeting was not not that bad chat about national careers service and what their offer.

I put up copy of c.v was worryed about if did not put one up or what not may cause more problems for me. If i put up password protected copy was worryed she would say employers were having same problems etc maybe start something with me.

seeing her tueday 28/04/2019 is it weekly signing now? frist payment planned for 15th of may but dont know how much it will be

mark9999

Back to top Go down

Post by MrFrankZola Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:55 pm

Non Deficere wrote:1) I will spend normally spend 35 hours per week looking for work.

You can do as Caker suggests or say you had problems and provide a clerical copy

I understand that I can choose my contact preference

I understand I can provide my work search in a manner I choose

If you wish to challenge, I can prepare a revision letter if you like.

ND, looks like great ongoing work with mark9999 so apologies if the questions and suggestions below are a distraction.

"3) I will login to my universal credit account regularly / specific number of times / any other interval.

I understand that I can choose my contact preference"

Will this stop automated emails or text being sent, to a claimant, when a new UC Account Journal entry is made by a 'Coach' or new 'to-do' items are added in the UC account? Noting: "not sending a reminder [email or text] would not fit with the design of UC"?
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/537363/response/1352056/attach/html/5/FOI2019%2012504%20Reply.pdf.html

Would find it useful to provide links, to the background information that support claimant choices such as:

CV and Work Search records

“It is not a mandatory requirement for the claimant to provide the required work search evidence via their journal. The claimant must be able to provide written evidence of their work search.

It is not mandatory for the claimant to upload their CV onto the journal, the claimant must however be able to show a completed and up to date CV. ”
20th October 2017
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/435142/response/1056696/attach/html/2/4201%20reply.pdf.html

Preferred method of contact

" DWP will usually get in touch with
claimants by their preferred method of contact. If they do not wish for this contact to be made
by telephone or text message, they can discuss this with their Work Coach. This being the
case, they would need to attend face-to-face interviews as required. The UC journal can also
be used to notify their contact preferences.  "
5 April 2019
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/559269/response/1342939/attach/html/2/WDTK%20Template%2010163.pdf.html

as they allow claimants decide what approaches they may take or support they may seek.

ND, can you post a copy of sample 'revision letters' for these very common issues, so claimants can build upon and or make use of? Akin to the way FOI requests and responses are posted online at https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/body/dwp ?

Highlighting and providing links to FOI requests may be able to assist claimants, can promote new FOI requests being submitted, whilst fully accepting the limits of FOI requests and how the DWP often use them to promote its own agenda and misdirect. Allied to a need to develop template letters that use legislation/regulations, tribunal rulings, DWP decision maker guidance ++

Last edited by MrFrankZola on Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:13 pm; edited 3 times in total

MrFrankZola

Back to top Go down

Post by MrFrankZola Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:07 pm

mark9999 wrote:Thanks caker and non deficere. sent you a copy non deficere of what she wants me to agree to. Did the meeting was not not that bad chat about national careers service and what their offer.

I put up copy of c.v was worryed about if did not put one up or what not may cause more problems for me. If i put up password protected copy was worryed she would say employers were having same problems etc maybe start something with me.

seeing her tueday 28/04/2019 is it weekly signing now? frist payment planned for 15th of may but dont know how much it will be

Hi mark9999, hope you and ND can sort out a CC you both want. If possible can you consider sending me a copy of what the 'coach' wants you "to agree to" via:
https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/privmsg?mode=post or
https://mrfrankzola.wordpress.com/contact/
(if you do send your info, please remove details that identify you)

I do not want you to share any private messages you have with ND, but I may be able to develop resources on developing a CC and understanding better what 'coaches' put forward for claimants to agree. As well as doing new FOI requests, like the one I did that highlighted the:
"DWP will usually get in touch with claimants by their preferred method of contact"
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/559269/response/1342939/attach/html/2/WDTK%20Template%2010163.pdf.html
Thanks
Frank

MrFrankZola

Back to top Go down

Post by MrFrankZola Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:26 pm

mark9999 wrote:

Looks like I will have to make claim of universal credit online tueday

Hi mark9999, When you made your online claim, did you complete the 'commitments' form to prepare for your first new claim 'coach' meeting? Part of which asks for a CV to be uploaded and asks questions like:

Can you spend 35 hours a week looking for work?

Yes
No

Travel to work

Most people are expected to spend up to 90 minutes travelling to work, if they can.
Can you spend up to 90 minutes travelling to work?

Yes
No

Thanks
Frank

MrFrankZola

Back to top Go down

Post by mark9999 Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:18 am

Will send you copy frank of what wc put on my jounal to agreee to, form i did before interview disappear and wc redid it

mark9999

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down