BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Universal Jobmatch Contract - Who is managing the site?

+2
Jara
Mary_FV
6 posters

Go down

Universal Jobmatch Contract - Who is managing the site? Empty Universal Jobmatch Contract - Who is managing the site?

Post by Mary_FV Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:34 am

The contract with Monster ended in March 2017.  

https://www.contractsfinder.service.gov.uk/Notice/e6156f00-3926-458a-b2e1-fc864d9bb59e?p=@T0=NjJNT08=UFQxUlRRP

However, Monster is still referred to in the T&C's.

1.1 This Site is managed by Monster Worldwide Ltd on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).

http://jobvacancies.businesslink.gov.uk/terms/dwpterms.aspx

https://jobsearch.direct.gov.uk/Privacy/Default.aspx

I note that 'Confidential' Employers seem to have disappeared.
Mary_FV
Mary_FV

Back to top Go down

Universal Jobmatch Contract - Who is managing the site? Empty Re: Universal Jobmatch Contract - Who is managing the site?

Post by Admin Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:48 pm

an interesting one that is mary

in the end can a jobseeker now be mandated to uj even if the term of contract has now ended with monster

therefore users no longer need to except its terms and conditions as your now excepting monsters terms and conditions to use there site
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Universal Jobmatch Contract - Who is managing the site? Empty Re: Universal Jobmatch Contract - Who is managing the site?

Post by Mary_FV Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:38 pm

Admin wrote:an interesting one that is mary

in the end can a jobseeker now be mandated to uj even if the term of contract has now ended with monster

therefore users no longer need to except its terms and conditions as your now excepting monsters terms and conditions to use there site

Hi G

There are no T&C's for claimants only for employers. Claimant have to agree to the standards of behaviour.

I think DWP may be managing the site, but they have not updated every page.

A FOI request would be helpful! Very Happy
Mary_FV
Mary_FV

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:15 pm

Can't be sure but I think there is already a FOI about this. I will look again shortly.

Last edited by Caker on Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_FV Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:42 pm

Mary_FV
Mary_FV

Back to top Go down

Post by helping_hand Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:14 pm

We can confirm that Monster UK Ltd are contracted to provide the Universal Jobmatch service until March 2018. The contract was extended on 14 September 2016 as per the terms of the original contract.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/415775/response/1014396/attach/3/2825%20reply.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1

The government's job search service facility will be available within the UC Full Service platform in due course!

I anticipate that use of the service will inevitably become mandatory and perhaps providing access to your job search under the criteria, "meeting a legitimate aim".  :-(

Last edited by helping_hand on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add info.)
helping_hand
helping_hand

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:46 pm

At least I can think of ways of making it more difficult for work coaches to check up on peoples UJM. As far as I know there is nothing stopping someone from registering a new UJM account for each single job activity and then handing the work coach a list of 30+ accounts for them to check Smile

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:45 am

@Jara
I like your style pirat
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by ABC Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:33 am

helping_hand wrote:I anticipate that use of the service will inevitably become mandatory as well providing access to your job search  under the criteria, "meeting a legitimate aim".  :-(

I don't see how that could come about because the reason they can't access your job search is it's a data protection act violation. So unless they change the DPA I don't think they can ever access a jobseeker's UJ account without their permission.
ABC
ABC

Back to top Go down

Post by helping_hand Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:07 pm

I agree ABC.

However, I believe the situation may change with the passage of time!

There are no regulations in place that require claimants to claim on-line an/or provide a bank account, every requirement is policy!

However, DWP can introduce policy which meets a legitimate aim and is reasonable in the circumstances of the case.

Edit:

I might be wrong, but I think the government job search service is going be part of the UC account so use of it alongside other job sites may be unavoidable.

Users will be able to make a claim, check details of payments, notify changes of circumstance and search for a job through a single account, making digital the primary channel for most working-age people to interact with the Department.

https://www.gov.uk/transformation/exemplars/universal-credit.html

There should also be clear and consistent messages about whether use of an online service is compulsory or not, something that was not always apparent during the introduction of Universal Jobmatch. Queries and complaints to our office also suggest that JCP need to ensure that privacy notices are drafted in a way that is appropriate to the level of understanding of their clients, some of whom are not familiar with online transactions. The ICO has published a Code of Practice on Privacy Notices:1

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201314/cmselect/cmworpen/479/479vw14.htm

Last edited by helping_hand on Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:21 am; edited 2 times in total
helping_hand
helping_hand

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:45 pm

however to define a user to only use a one system cannot be achieved for jobsearching

people still have a choice on which jobsearch system gives them the best possible chance of employment

to make it mandatory then jcp would have to force only ujm to be the only job board or job site for jobs this is achievable

anyone has the right to use other jobsearch sites that are better than the crap ujm as we all know

a jcp refutes around these clauses by using best possible chances of finding work so we want you to create a ujm account for your best possible chances of finding work

many have said its a bag of crap full of fraud but dwp refut this comment all the way
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down