BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Response to Refuted’s intention to leave social media

4 posters

Go down

Response to Refuted’s intention to leave social media Empty Response to Refuted’s intention to leave social media

Post by Mary_FV Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:12 am

So sorry to read you are leaving social media, I do hope you will reconsider.  https://twitter.com/refuted

Edit: tweet has now been removed

You have apologised and acknowledged you have lost your way in the social media arena.  Take some time out, draw a line in the sand and then get back to what you do best – helping people!

You are an intense and passionate man who goes to great lengths to provide people with accurate as well as very useful information, which has enabled 1000s of claimants to refute the poor advice and treatment meted out by DWP and its contractors.

We have had our spats over the years and you may remember apologising to JSSA for bullying, which I was one of the founder members.

https://wwwrefuteddotorgdotuk.wordpress.com/category/jssa/

I had never used social media before and I was quite taken aback by some of the comments from you and others on 2 twitter accounts, the accounts were closed shortly afterwards.  

In 2014, I was exposed as a member of JSSA and a great deal of personal information came to light.  I do appreciate, that if you place your head above the parapet you have to expect that you may upset someone.   However, I did not expect the unwarranted harassment and bullying,

UM, members were openly hostile when JSSA went viral, but I was able to respond and members apologised. We all make mistakes or do things other people do not like or agree with.  

I have completely changed my view about a number of matters over the past number of years and have learnt a great deal from being a member on 3 online platforms.  Political social media should be a safe place to help, support and ultimately to bring about a change as well as encouraging people to act and or/change their view point in order to achieve a better society to live in.

People do not change their minds or respond positively if they are being bullied and/or ridiculed.

Last edited by Mary_FV on Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:23 am; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : typos)
Mary_FV
Mary_FV

Back to top Go down

Response to Refuted’s intention to leave social media Empty Re: Response to Refuted’s intention to leave social media

Post by Admin Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:38 pm

I must admit if it wasnt fo refuted i wouldnt have joined TT's site though refuted i started to look around and found unemployment movement

refuted helped me out by private pm i was desperate at the time for information

refuted will always be welcome here

take a break and get yourself sorted out

at one point mary you was classed as a spy for dwp

after working with many a member there that changed and still has changed more over the years

into your one of them that are fighting for justice i and many others have been very grateful of that over the years

you really opened the way for many to fight back against an unjust system
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Response to Refuted’s intention to leave social media Empty Re: Response to Refuted’s intention to leave social media

Post by refuted Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:03 pm

Mary, Thanks for your comments.

Agree that the best expression of my views and politics is producing material
that helps claimants. I joined Social Media to support distribution of rights based information for claimants, but acknowledge I have got lost on Social Media by complaining about the work of people also seeking to help
and support claimants.

In life it is very important to gain insights into how others view oneself, Social Media has held up a mirror to my poor behaviour. I now need to move on and let others. like yourself, continue the battle.

refuted

Back to top Go down

Post by refuted Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:15 pm

I have set up an UNofficial fan page for this forum at:

https://twitter.com/respectfulforum
(4000 followers)

Please let me know if this forum would like to formally take over this account, it is currently set up to send auto tweets of new forum posts using a www.dlvr.it (limited free account), such as:

https://twitter.com/respectfulforum/status/1092117899546783744

I am happy to send admin of the forum a password to take over twitter.com/respectfulforum for the benefit of this forum.

refuted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_FV Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:00 am

refuted wrote:Mary, Thanks for your comments.

Agree that the best expression of my views and politics is producing material
that helps claimants. I joined Social Media to support distribution of rights based information for claimants, but acknowledge I have got lost on Social Media by complaining about the work of people also seeking to help
and support claimants.

In life it is very important to gain insights into how others view oneself, Social Media has held up a mirror to my poor behaviour. I now need to move on and let others. like yourself, continue the battle.

Thanks for your kind sentiments Refuted.

I too will retire in the not too distant future.  I have pretty much covered every benefit sanction and complaint scenario via my/JSSA templates etc.

There is little UC caselaw at this time, so most appeals are based on good reason.  I may develop UC templates at some point.

All the best!

Last edited by Mary_FV on Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Mary_FV
Mary_FV

Back to top Go down

Post by ABC Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:02 pm

One of the great benefits of deliberately not indulging in (anti)social media platforms such as facebook and twitter is that I am totally and blissfully ignorant of spats such as those mentioned above. Very Happy
ABC
ABC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down