BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to avoid being naturally migrated to Full Service Universal Credit in error

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How to avoid being naturally migrated to Full Service Universal Credit in error - Page 2 Empty Re: How to avoid being naturally migrated to Full Service Universal Credit in error

Post by Non Deficere Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:45 am

ABC wrote:
Non Deficere wrote:DWP staff can basically do what they like.

Precisely, because the legislation (in the link you provided and highlighted in my previous post) supports the Jobcentre moving claimants to UC by managed migration at a time of their choosing and without having to give a reason why they are doing so. As long as they issue the correct migration notice and give at least one month's notice to claim UC, they can, as you say, do as they like (when they like).

The regulations are a draft version at this time and Managed Migration has been delayed.

Useful reading:
http://blogs.bath.ac.uk/iprblog/2018/07/09/universal-credit-managed-migration-the-next-big-challenge/

Last edited by Non Deficere on Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

How to avoid being naturally migrated to Full Service Universal Credit in error - Page 2 Empty Re: How to avoid being naturally migrated to Full Service Universal Credit in error

Post by Pintel Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:47 am

http://blogs.bath.ac.uk/iprblog/2018/07/09/universal-credit-managed-migration-the-next-big-challenge/

“Universal Credit via a process known as ‘managed migration’. The roll out of managed migration will take place between July 2019 and March 2023.”.

So everyone gets a ‘migration notice’ giving them at least a month’s notice of the need to lodge a claim for Universal Credit. What could possibly go wrong?  First there must be a risk that people will miss the deadline day for making their new claim. People miss deadlines all the time. The migration notice informing people that they are required to make a new claim may go undelivered, be lost, or not read, or the requirements not understood. This is quite a complex message to absorb and act upon.

Does anyone know good reasons for a claimant to delay/challenge this process of ‘managed migration’.  Also a month notice isn’t very long as we all know how fast the JCP move when they do something.     How to avoid being naturally migrated to Full Service Universal Credit in error - Page 2 3228069604
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by ABC Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:58 pm

Non Deficere wrote:The regulations are a draft version at this time and Managed Migration has been delayed.

Thanks ND, I didn't catch on that the regs were only in draft form. I can stop worrying until July next year then! Very Happy

So on what basis did that block of claimants get told they had to migrate to UC? I'm assuming on no basis and that's the whole point.

Last edited by ABC on Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
ABC
ABC

Back to top Go down

Post by ABC Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:03 pm

Pintel wrote:Does anyone know good reasons for a claimant to delay/challenge this process of ‘managed migration’.

As above, you shouldn't have to worry about it until at least next July and unless you're a trouble-maker it could be a lot later than that before you're eventually migrated across. Just make sure you have no changes of circumstances in the meantime that will force you to claim UC through the natural migration path.
ABC
ABC

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:21 am

Sara wrote: However that approach to move claimants on legacy benefits onto UC is the lesser of two evils as a more common route is for Dwp for any reason or no reason that would legally warrant such is to completely close a claim &  the only option in FSUC is start new claim!!  This action & the unlawful decision by Dwp to close my JSA claim last yr is a direct result off my current situation that's see's myself & 2 children being evicted from our home that we have  occupied for 12yrs where throughout this time have excellent record of tenancy renting from private landlord who has been left with no choice but to evict as HB has not been paid  during the 12months  I have been in dispute with Dwp. I learn from my own research that it takes very little in order for the Dwp to close a claim & often hear that a sanction will action closure of current claim. My own circumstances regarding closure of JSA claim something I have never received notification that would inform me of this & was only brought to my attention via complaints resolution manager who I had approached with my concerns regarding the lenghly time that was taking the DM issuing MR notice in response to my MR request that was required or so it was said to be in a letter received on 23/11/17 for a failure to attend on 10/11/17 of which they were fully aware of as they had been notified  prior to the FTA  that I was subject to emergency admission to hospital where I remained as an inpatient of intensive care unit in critical condition. However what I'd like to put across is in the months thereafter I followed  process as set out in letter dated 17/11/17 that clearly stated ' that JSA would not be paid blah blah for FTA' followed by wot I should do if I disagreed with this decision & that's exactly wot I done submitted mr on time with necessary documents( hospital discharge letter) that was received with a signature on 29/11/17 at Dwp office. This was an unecessary task as it would be ignored left on the shelf in that Dwp had never the intention to look at the decision again & provide MR notice as I would find out sometime later my claim had been closed on 27/10/17. [/b]

In regards to you own situation Sara, you could try this approach.

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t2656-how-to-expedite-a-social-security-appeal

Time is of the essence, so let me or someone help you asap.

An alternative approach is to take DWP to court.

You have a right to challenge the closure of your JSA claim and to claim compensation for the severe hardship you have suffered due to DWP errors.
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2