BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Universal Credit Full Service

2 posters

Go down

Universal Credit Full Service Empty Re: Universal Credit Full Service

Post by roberto Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:58 pm

This has not helped my paranoia re; the journal and work search activity

Page 45:
She feels that any message she gets through the online journal is “always bad news. They’ve either given you another pointless appointment or they’re sanctioning you. I got sanctioned because I didn’t write one thing on the online journal, but I told them at my meeting with them. I thought that would be enough!

As long as you retained your written evidence and are able to provide them to a DM, then you should have been okay, right?
Unless it was in this persons CC that she uses the journal for work search activity and/or she didn't provide anything physically to the JC either.

I may just make a note in my journal that I have provided the evidence to my work coach, incase he "forgets".

roberto

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:04 am

roberto wrote:This has not helped my paranoia re; the journal and work search activity

I think everyone needs to be cautious.  If you are informed you have a better chance of swerving the minefields.

Driving is very dangerous, but if you drive defensively you will be much safer!

Page 45:
She feels that any message she gets through the online journal is “always bad news. They’ve either given you another pointless appointment or they’re sanctioning you. I got sanctioned because I didn’t write one thing on the online journal, but I told them at my meeting with them. I thought that would be enough!

As long as you retained your written evidence and are able to provide them to a DM, then you should have been okay, right?

Yes, that is fine.  Unlike JSA, your UC cannot be stopped immediately if a work search doubt is raised.  A decision cannot be made without your statement of reasons.

Pat has been entitled to UC since 8.5.13. She is required to search for work for 35 hours a week. At an interview with her adviser on 3.7.13, she is unable to provide any evidence of work search. The DM decides that there was no good reason for the failure, and imposes a 28 day reduction.Unless it was in this persons CC that she uses the journal for work search activity and/or she didn't provide anything physically to the JC either.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/598399/admk4.pdf may just make a note in my journal that I have provided the evidence to my work coach, incase he "forgets".

Good idea.

Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by roberto Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:52 pm

Non Deficere wrote:Yes, that is fine.  Unlike JSA, your UC cannot be stopped immediately if a work search doubt is raised.  A decision cannot be made without your statement of reasons.

Interesting. Similiarly, how does the UC payment procedure work exactly? On JSA I would have to sign on every 2 weeks for the payment to be released, but what about now?

Assuming you have no income and no sanctionable decisions during your latest assessment period, is it just done automatically by software or anonymous DWP staff? Or is it actually your work coach that has to release/authorise the payment?

roberto

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:37 am

roberto wrote:
Non Deficere wrote:Yes, that is fine.  Unlike JSA, your UC cannot be stopped immediately if a work search doubt is raised.  A decision cannot be made without your statement of reasons.

Interesting. Similiarly, how does the UC payment procedure work exactly? On JSA I would have to sign on every 2 weeks for the payment to be released, but what about now?

There is no requirment in UC regulations to 'sign on' to receive payment.  Work Focus Interviews are discretionary.  Most JC staff are in training mode so they will not feel competency confident yet.  However, I think many just make it up as they go along regardless of the training received!  Sad

Assuming you have no income and no sanctionable decisions during your latest assessment period, is it just done automatically by software or anonymous DWP staff? Or is it actually your work coach that has to release/authorise the payment?

Your award is an ongoing entitlement unless you change your circumstances.
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down