BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can’t have this job because you’re too old. We also deduct £200 from wages

2 posters

Go down

You can’t have this job because you’re too old. We also deduct £200 from wages Empty You can’t have this job because you’re too old. We also deduct £200 from wages

Post by Admin Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:22 pm

This one is for anyone out there who thinks that people who sign on have it easy. They don’t.

Have posted the recording below to demonstrate again the (often costly) obstacles that are planted in the way of people who look for low-paid work while signing on.

Some of the treatment by employers experienced by the woman in the recording is downright discriminatory and probably illegal. Certainly should be illegal.

https://www.katebelgrave.com/2018/07/you-cant-have-this-job-because-youre-too-old-we-also-deduct-200-from-wages-because-these-jobs-are-apprenticeships/

also this

that she would have to pay for a DBS check
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

You can’t have this job because you’re too old. We also deduct £200 from wages Empty Re: You can’t have this job because you’re too old. We also deduct £200 from wages

Post by Caker Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:50 pm

This (training costs) looks like unlawful deductions from wages, but I am not an employment expert.

Last edited by Caker on Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

You can’t have this job because you’re too old. We also deduct £200 from wages Empty Re: You can’t have this job because you’re too old. We also deduct £200 from wages

Post by Admin Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:25 pm

they do seem rather extortionate for what a person gets paid

on top of that think of what would happen if you refuses to take that job due to all its reductions to the wage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:51 pm

I believe that if an employer is providing training then that should be free to the worker because it benefits the employer to have an employee who is capable of doing the job.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:31 am

my opinion is if they are providing it the company should benefit with it by writing it into a contract if you leave before the end so much has to be paid back

dosnt mean the company can wrongly sack them just so they get there payments either

agencys are the worst culprits in all this for doing the exactly the same thing as above
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:18 pm

Some agencies provide free training. Personally, If I am offered training of any sort, I always ask if it is free to me, if not, I don't participate in it.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down