BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Universal Credit zero hours contract is meaningless

3 posters

Go down

Universal Credit zero hours contract is meaningless Empty Universal Credit zero hours contract is meaningless

Post by Admin Thu May 25, 2017 7:45 pm

https://mrfrankzola.wordpress.com/2017/05/25/universal-credit-zero-hours-contract-workers-and-new-right-to-request-fixed-hour-contracts-is-meaningless/

The BBC is reporting that the review into zero hour contracts is likely to say workers on zero hour contracts should be given right to “request” a fixed hour contract. However, this proposal will also come into direct conflict with the Universal Credit (UC) obligation to seek better or more paid work and crucially not give up any paid work or face benefit sanctions. wrote:
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Universal Credit zero hours contract is meaningless Empty Re: Universal Credit zero hours contract is meaningless

Post by Absolut Fri May 26, 2017 7:52 am

It's not just UC claimants that it affects. There are many in-work claimants on JSA who are on what would be classed as a zero hours contract.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Universal Credit zero hours contract is meaningless Empty Re: Universal Credit zero hours contract is meaningless

Post by Caker Fri May 26, 2017 8:07 am

This review is suggesting nothing at all, while appearing to suggest workers are given the 'right to request'  Suspect . Anyone has the 'right to request' anything any time. If there is no obligation on employers, then it is rather meaningless. I suspect that employers will be delighted to decline any request that is not in their business interests.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Fri May 26, 2017 9:21 am

My roach and my OH's roach constantly asks why my OH doesn't get more hours as if he has a choice in the matter. The answer is always the same - "The employer doesn't want to give him any more hours, would the DWP like to talk to the employer now? No? I didn't think so."
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Fri May 26, 2017 4:12 pm

Exactly the same in my last job. I was only needed when that met the needs of the employer. There was no extra work so I was never offered any. JC workers sometimes seem to think that businesses are evolving and that more work is created as time goes by. Many businesses just stay exactly the same and their staffing needs stay exactly the same.

This is the flaw with UC. If person X afro  leaves job A to take job B (with more hours), job A will still exist as person Y  jocolor  will be recruited into it. Person Y  jocolor  can be harassed (by the JC) to take more hours by leaving job A to take job C. Job A will still exist and person Z  geek  will be recruited into it...........

The incumbent of job A ( afro , jocolor  or  geek ) will always be harassed (by the JC) to take more hours (not available in job A). The only time this would not happen is if job A is taken by someone with no entitlement to benefits (student  study or  spouse of wealthy partner  farao  for example). UC is bad for businesses as well as staff, because if staff are harassed to leave then recruitment has to be repeated every time. What a mess. Evil or Very Mad
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Sat May 27, 2017 9:35 am

True.

At the WP they encouraged other "clients" to apply to work where my OH works effectively guaranteeing that he would get less work if they were hired!

Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down