BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adzuna find a job

+7
Non Deficere
ABC
Admin
Jara
El-dudeareno
Brutus
echidna
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Adzuna find a job - Page 3 Empty Re: Adzuna find a job

Post by Non Deficere Sun May 20, 2018 9:01 am

Absolut wrote:
osris wrote:Will you sign up to FAJ if asked to?

To answer your question - if a vacancy appears on FaJ that I can't apply for in any other way before my next signing on date then it's highly likely that I will create an account in order to apply for that job. If I haven't created an account by my next signing on date and I am "asked" to do so then it will have to be via a new CC. They abandoned UJM, not us, so it's their job to reflect that in new CCs. I have no problem creating a FaJ account and uploading a CV to it. I did it with UJM and I'm not going to take a stand over a site that is far less intrusive than UJM was.

It is inevitable that people are going to be mandated to apply for jobs posted on FaJ and it will, more than likely necessitate creating an account.

If it is evident that a claimant is finding sufficient suitable jobs to apply for from other sites it will be less likely that a direction will be issued to create a FaJ account.

The most important message is, claimants must not to allow DWP staff to see their FaJ account and they provide corroboration via screen shots or replies from employers.

Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Sun May 20, 2018 9:24 am

Top 20 Job Posting Sites in the UK
https://www.betterteam.com/job-posting-sites-uk

UJM ranked 8th
Adzuna ranked 15th

Good evidence to show your work coach!
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sun May 20, 2018 4:43 pm

One thing I notice with FAJ; the search filters are better than UJM. It delivers more accurate results, fewer errors.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu May 24, 2018 9:26 pm

edited to the new name of adzuna find a job
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ABC Sat May 26, 2018 10:55 am

Currently it's not too bad as a job search engine and best of all I don't need to create an account which is what I was worrying about. And if I see a job I'm pretty certain I can find other ways to apply if necessary.

My work coach was there all eager with his little leaflet promoting FaJ but I beat him to it and said I'd already registered before he even got the chance to show it to me. He didn't question my registration (yet).
ABC
ABC

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Sat May 26, 2018 1:46 pm

ABC wrote:Currently it's not too bad as a job search engine and best of all I don't need to create an account which is what I was worrying about. And if I see a job I'm pretty certain I can find other ways to apply if necessary.

My work coach was there all eager with his little leaflet promoting FaJ but I beat him to it and said I'd already registered before he even got the chance to show it to me. He didn't question my registration (yet).

I think your approach as well as Absolut's/others is the way to go!

The Adzuna contract is only for 2 years!

I believe DWP intend to manage their own jobs board in future, which maybe linked to the Universal Credit Journal!

You only need an email address and password to create a FaJ account:

https://twitter.com/ujhelp?lang=en

Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 29, 2018 3:55 pm

‘Find a job’ – “Claimants cannot be mandated to use the Find a Job website specifically”

Headline: “Claimants cannot be mandated to use the Find a Job website specifically.”
Key words: “specifically” and “use” [1]

“Find a job or other jobsites
1. As part of making use of the resources available to them to look for work, we can reasonably expect most claimants to make best use of Find a job or other jobsites.”
Source: DWP ‘05 Work Search Review‘ – accessed 15/5/18 [emphasis added] Cited in ‘‘Find a job’ is mandatory for claimants?‘ – “Posted on May 15, 2018“

With DWP it is always worth being cautious, even so many claimants will welcome this clarification.

https://mrfrankzola.wordpress.com/2018/05/29/find-a-job-claimants-cannot-be-mandated-to-use-the-find-a-job-website-specifically/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ABC Tue May 29, 2018 4:11 pm

Nothing's changed there really gadily. If the work coach can reasonably justify the use of FaJ, irrespective of other job sites you may be using, they can issue you a JSD to register with it, to use it and to provide proof that you've done so.

They might argue for example, as my work coach hinted at in a very vague way, that FaJ has jobs the other job websites don't get. If true (I've yet to see proof) that'd be a rock solid reason to mandate its use irrespective of other websites you are using. And it was the same with UJM, so yeah, no change.
ABC
ABC

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 29, 2018 7:21 pm

yeah i know what you mean abc had this discussion on um

about what a jcp can mandate you to use other sites by what they see fit to include so try to force the use the use of faj by using its in your best interests in joining faj and applying for jobs on there by using a jsd to facilitate its use

even if you have other proper sites to use they always throw that example into it just to mandate claimants into making an account
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3