BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC agreement - hours

+3
Caker
Admin
Absolut
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

CC agreement - hours  - Page 2 Empty Re: CC agreement - hours

Post by El-dudeareno Thu May 11, 2017 12:42 pm

I am surprised the DWP haven't tried to get us looking for work up to  48 hrs a week affraid .

https://www.gov.uk/maximum-weekly-working-hours/overview
El-dudeareno
El-dudeareno

http://dudeism.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Fri May 12, 2017 6:54 am

El-dudeareno wrote:I am surprised the DWP haven't tried to get us looking for work up to  48 hrs a week

I was looking at an FOI yesterday about pattern of availability and under UC I'm sure I saw that claimant's were expected to look for work of up to 48 hours a week. I will see if I can find it again as UC rules for joint claims goes live in my JC office next year.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Fri May 12, 2017 8:08 am

Here it is:

Typically, claimants in All Work Related Requirements (AWRR) conditionality will be required to look for and be available for any work:

regardless of type and salary (as long as it pays at least the National Minimum Wage on a full time basis (generally a minimum of 35 hours that takes them above the Conditionality Earnings Threshold (CET) and up to 48 hours a week for over 18s and 40 hours a week for 16/17 year olds
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Fri May 12, 2017 9:38 am

Most jobs in my sector are advertised as basic 37 hours per week anyway.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Fri May 12, 2017 10:58 am

Yes, most jobs won't be that high, but I did see a job at a local estate agents near me that added up to 45 per week not including lunch.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_FV Fri May 12, 2017 11:07 am

ABC wrote:
Caker wrote:...You are free to apply for jobs of any hours but at least you cannot be mandated to jobs over 24 hours. Nothing to stop you applying for them if you wish. Very Happy

Hmmm, you have to be careful with that because they will claim you are not ASE as you are applying for jobs you can't take (because they are over the 24 you have agreed is the limit). Not saying it would stick but there have been a few people in that situation in the past.

If you tell the employer you have a disability when you apply and ask to be considered under the Equality Act 2010, this shouldn't be a problem.

A good place to start a consideration of the reasonableness or otherwise of an adjustment is by looing at the old Disability Discrimination Act 1995, s 18B(1).  That section listed the following relevant factors:

the extent to which taking the step would prevent the effect in relation to which the duty is imposed;
the extent to which it is practicable for him to take the step;
the financial and other costs which would be incurred by him in taking the step and the extent to which taking it would disrupt any of his activities;
the extent of his financial and other resources;
the availability to him of financial or other assistance with respect to taking the step;
the nature of his activities and the size of his undertaking;
where the step would be taken in relation to a private household, the extent to which taking it would—
i) disrupt that household; or
ii)    disturb any person residing there.

http://www.spencerkeen.co.uk/discrimination-barrister/reasonable-adjustments-barrister/?gclid=CjwKEAjwutXIBRDV7-SDvdiNsUoSJACIlTqlLmrhhj-UXWRvnxYsRktwNjG2GP2gI1F6lRyuzFjjMhoCrjjw_wcB
Mary_FV
Mary_FV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2