BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EPS when asking for a mandatory reconsideration with ESA

+2
Caker
Emerald1974
6 posters

Go down

EPS when asking for a mandatory reconsideration with ESA Empty EPS when asking for a mandatory reconsideration with ESA

Post by Emerald1974 Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:11 pm

I had my medical assessment December and was told my ESA would be terminated. I have gone on to claim JSA but I have sent a letter appealing the ESA decision. Whilst I wait for this will my JCP accept a fit note along with a JSA28? I know I can have two separate occasions of up to 14 days. I have spoken to my surgery today and I can collect a fit note for 2 months due to me still having scans and not being discharged from hospital care yet.

If a JSA28 with a fit note is accepted for 2 months will I still have to attend job centre appointments or any courses I was mandated to?

In 2 months I may have more of an idea if I need surgery or how my ESA appeal/tribunal progresses.

Thanks for any help.

Emerald1974

Back to top Go down

EPS when asking for a mandatory reconsideration with ESA Empty Re: EPS when asking for a mandatory reconsideration with ESA

Post by Caker Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:12 pm

Welcome to the forum Emerald.

Someone should be on the forum shortly.

Am I right to presume that the new fit note is for the same condition for which you originally claimed ESA?
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

EPS when asking for a mandatory reconsideration with ESA Empty Re: EPS when asking for a mandatory reconsideration with ESA

Post by Emerald1974 Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:26 am

Caker wrote:Welcome to the forum Emerald.

Someone should be on the forum shortly.

Am I right to presume that the new fit note is for the same condition for which you originally claimed ESA?

Thank you Caker!

Yes my fit note will be about the same condition I am appealing against.

Emerald1974

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:01 pm

Thanks for that information Emerald. I cannot advise you but someone with information should be on the forum shortly.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by ABC Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:04 pm

This leaflet tells you most things about EPS https://search3.openobjects.com/mediamanager/reading/enterprise/files/130415_esp_claimant_leaflet.pdf

What you have to do when you're in the EPS period is up to your work coach after a discussion with you.

Some more info here https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld201415/ldselect/ldsecleg/133/13306.htm
ABC
ABC

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:45 pm

I think Emerald is asking if it is possible to go onto EPS after failing the WCA for the same condition.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:21 am

Sorry Emerald, I thought I posted a reply the other day.  I have been experiencing some IT/other problems!

Relevant information:

DWP do not consider Extended Period of Sickness applicable for clients claiming JSA after DWP deems them ‘fit for work’
https://rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/10490/P45/#51258

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/351676/response/860214/attach/4/JSA%20Sickness%20Guidance.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1

Suggestion:

Some of the text is hidden within this post.

Hope this is helpful.
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:58 am

im not sure if its a post/delete problem or a server reset problem

as im looking into it as posted a question off to servers about a few posts going missing

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:38 am

It's worth pointing out that all claimants, under the Equality Act, have the right to have all their medical conditions taken into account on a claimant commitment. A failed WCA does not mean medical conditions disappear and can be ignored by work coaches. In other words, all your circumstances have to be taken into consideration even if you are not "off sick". Smile
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down