BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

spotting fake job adverts

4 posters

Go down

spotting fake job adverts Empty spotting fake job adverts

Post by Admin Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:53 am

heres a little guide to help others spot a fake job advert

You can't trust everything you see online.

I know! Who knew?!

Unfortunately, this applies to job adverts, and candidates can easily be sucked into applying for a vacancy that doesn't even exist.

A vacancy that doesn't exist? Surely that can't be a thing...

Well, fake job ads are 100% real and they're not always easy to spot. You may even have applied for one before without the slightest doubts over its authenticity.

But what is a fake job ad? And is it actually possible to identify one?

https://www.agencycentral.co.uk/articles/2017-06/what-jobseekers-need-to-know-about-fake-job-ads.htm
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

spotting fake job adverts Empty Re: spotting fake job adverts

Post by El-dudeareno Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:42 pm

Thanks for the posting Admin, some good tips there. I was just remembering when the Universal Jobmatch came out, and all of the fake jobs posted in that site silent . One point thou it can be a struggle to know how much information to put on an application/CV. Not enough and your application could go in the bin. While too much and it could get sold off to some company? scratch
El-dudeareno
El-dudeareno

http://dudeism.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:30 pm

Some great advice in that link Admin' Smile

At least this rogue recruiter did not get my postal address, phone number or any details of ex-employers, so nothing really Wink
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Brutus Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:09 pm

Looking back to my own experience, I would say that the vast majority of job adverts, that have not a direct provenance, for instance NHS or an actual firm or charity, etc, should be considered fake.

When one look at the complex html code they are written, is clear that they are engineered to be reused. Indeed some of them have lines with times dating back years.

My hypothesis is that the myriad of employment agencies spuriously putting them are created by few automatic software sources. Large employment agencies than uses their fake clout in job sourcing and obtain contracts from the DWP for various unemployed related courses and workfare-type schemes.

The DWP uses them as proof that there are more jobs than claimants, as justification for pushing on disabled and other long term benefit recipients and as general evidence that the economy is healthy.

Brutus
Brutus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:22 am

I should add that agencies likely advertise fake jobs. I suspect that the reason for this is phishing.

(1) If a person sends a CV to apply for a fake job then the CV might include companies the person worked for and the title of the job they did there. Some candidates might even include names of referees on their CV (DON'T DO THIS - I just put 'References can be supplied upon request' - no names). geek

(2) So imagine the fake recruiter/agency gets the CV. They then have a name of an employee or ex-employee. This gives them a lead into contacting employers and obtaining names of managers/HR people on the pretence of 'obtaining references'. pirat

(3) Having obtained the names of managers/HR people in a business, the fake job advertiser now has the name of a bona fide contact and can then start contacting them about whether they need candidates (not including the person who applied for the fake job - they are just the phishing scam stooge). tongue
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by El-dudeareno Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:57 am

To go off the main topic for a minute, this is a thing that happend to me a few months ago, I saw a job advert on a reputable website. So I applied for it after reading the jobs description, to which I was lead to believe was a real job. However,a few days later I got a email inviting me for an interview. So far so good I thought, until I read on the message that it was in interview for a 'months work trail' at the company! Also I am not sure if I could end up on a 'sanction' for non-attendance of a 'fake job', but I wouldn't put it past the Work_Roach to have a go thou... Basketball

spotting fake job adverts 507219341
El-dudeareno
El-dudeareno

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:53 pm

El-dudeareno wrote:To go off the main topic for a minute, this is a thing that happend to me a few months ago, I saw a job advert on a reputable website. So I applied for it after reading the jobs description, to which I was lead to believe was a real job. However,a few days later I got a email inviting me for an interview. So far so good I thought, until I read on the message that it was in interview for a 'months work trail' at the company! Also I am not sure if I could end up on a 'sanction' for non-attendance of a 'fake job', but I wouldn't put it past the Work_Roach to have a go thou... Basketball

spotting fake job adverts 507219341

I presume there was no mention of a salary anywhere in the job description / advert. Also, the advert must have been misleading to not mention whether the job was permanent or temporary. They knew perfectly well their intention to mislead people. Evil or Very Mad
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by El-dudeareno Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:54 pm

No, there was a mention of the salary on the advert that is why I thought it was genuine, but it was after the 'successful' one months work trial with the firm. And it didn't mention anything in the job description/advert that I read before applying to the job, about this trial. No It was only when I got an email from them with an interview date did I read this about the months trial. pale
El-dudeareno
El-dudeareno

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:43 pm

El-dudeareno wrote:No, there was a mention of the salary on the advert that is why I thought it was genuine, but it was after the 'successful' one months work trial with the firm. And it didn't mention anything in the job description/advert that I read before applying to the job, about this trial. No It was only when I got an email from them with an interview date did I read this about the months trial. pale

Oh, I see. Thanks for clarifying pirat
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down