BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Progressing my complaint against the Independent Case Examiner (ICE).

5 posters

Go down

Progressing my complaint against the Independent Case Examiner (ICE). Empty Progressing my complaint against the Independent Case Examiner (ICE).

Post by ABC Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:16 pm

As my complaint against the DWP will be nearing close to two years by the time ICE finally get to deal with it I am inevitably forced to complain.

There are two main issues:

1. Who do I complain to.
2. What is the main basis for my complaint.

I can't complain to my MP, other than to progress it to the next stage, which is the PHSO, because he's a true-blue swivel-eyed-loon Tory who has no sympathy for the likes of us. So is there a politician who this complaint would be more appropriately sent to, someone who would sympathise with the outrageous time this has taken and act on it?

And what, apart from the obvious failure to process the complaint in a reasonable time, is my complaint? Who/what am I complaining about? I can't point the finger at ICE because they legitimately have a backlog which makes it impossible to progress any complaint in a reasonable time. So should I complain about the lack of government assistance to ICE to reduce the backlog or some other aspect of the complaint process?

Any thoughts?
ABC
ABC

Back to top Go down

Progressing my complaint against the Independent Case Examiner (ICE). Empty Re: Progressing my complaint against the Independent Case Examiner (ICE).

Post by Absolut Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:39 am

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/independent-case-examiner-service-standards/independent-case-examiner-service-standards-data

Clear investigation reports – within 20 weeks of the start of the investigation - 31.8%

They clearly need more staff, which is a funding issue. A complaint to the head of the DWP is required as it is DWP staff who work at ICE.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Progressing my complaint against the Independent Case Examiner (ICE). Empty Re: Progressing my complaint against the Independent Case Examiner (ICE).

Post by ABC Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:43 pm

Thanks Absolut. I thought the whole point of being independent was that they were...ummmm...independent (of the DWP)!  Mad  I must look into this a bit deeper.

EDIT: The latest annual report was published just today if anyone wants a read and a laugh - or more likely, cry! Mad
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dwp-complaints-annual-report-by-the-independent-case-examiner-2016-to-2017
ABC
ABC

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:41 am

ABC wrote:I thought the whole point of being independent was that they were...ummmm...independent

Yes, I was shocked when I found out that Joanna Wallace, head of ICE, is the only "independent" person in the entire organisation and that the staff who "support" her are all DWP employees.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/308704/response/773891/attach/2/IR%2035%20Reply.pdf

ICE staff are recruited using the Civil Service competency framework – they are DWP employees.

So, I suppose it would be the Head of the Civil Service who would be the right person to complain to. There's nothing to lose by writing to them, with the expecation that they will pass the buck.

Last edited by Absolut on Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added info)
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by ABC Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:21 pm

Thanks Absolut. Frankly I'm so dispirited with the whole thing that I don't think I'll be able to manage a response once I do receive the ICE's report. The DWP's Modus Operandi is to delay, delay, delay at all levels, knowing full well that the claimant is likely to suffer in the mean time and probably give up. Well it's worked with me. Congratulations DWP! Mad

And of course this is more devious bullshit from the DWP as the "Independent Case Examiner" moniker is technically correct because it only refers to the Case Examiner herself who is, as you've pointed out, independent (at least in theory!). The fact that it falsely also gives the impression that the whole of the ICE, including all its employees, is independent of the DWP is mere coincidence ... naturally! Mad
ABC
ABC

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:58 pm

i have to agree with abc on there stand of ice not being an independent government system as its really biased against the complainer
its the time scale thats ridiculous and they know it, all to make the claimant go away and give up

just dont give up abc might as well finish it now its taken this long already

harri or brian had posted enough info on reference to ice and other things i just couldnt get it all on the first reset of um
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:48 am

ABC wrote:Frankly I'm so dispirited with the whole thing that I don't think I'll be able to manage a response once I do receive the ICE's report. The DWP's Modus Operandi is to delay, delay, delay at all levels, knowing full well that the claimant is likely to suffer in the mean time and probably give up. Well it's worked with me. Congratulations DWP!

As the paper pushing wastes of space that they are you might as well give them some paper to push around Twisted Evil

Yes, they delay. Yes, they fail to address the really serious abuses that go on inside the DWP, but get your revenge by making them suffer the time it takes for them to read your complaint and have to respond to it. Sure, the response will be more of the same, but so what? At least you get down on paper that they have no right to refuse to give an apology (and I am presuming that an apology is needed because I've not come across one case yet, regarding the DWP, where one wasn't forthcoming).
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:00 am

Sorry to hijack your thread ABC.

I find myself in the same position. I am currently preparing a case. My complaint is:

1) ICE did not establish the facts
2) ICE ignored the actual law / regs and in so doing, did not establish that maladministration took place (took the word of JC staff as factual). ICE seemed unaware of the law/regs
3) JC staff lied to ICE as part of their participation in the investigation.
4) Pertinent questions were not asked (by ICE) in order to test fallacious accounts (by DWP) of the act being complained of.

Progressing my complaint against the Independent Case Examiner (ICE). 507219341
It is like a massive can of worms. Progressing my complaint against the Independent Case Examiner (ICE). 3136669762
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:45 am

Caker wrote:It is like a massive can of worms.

See it as opening the can and chucking in a load of worm killer Wink
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by helping_hand Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:07 am

Sorry, that I have not visited here for a while.

Caker & ABC,

If you need any assistance let me know.  I only have two Tribunal appeals in progress at present.
helping_hand
helping_hand

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:05 pm

No worries HH. You deserve a break if anyone does. sunny
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:35 pm

I thought you was on holiday like so may others out there then again i dont blame anyone for having one either
we all need a break from time to time
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down