BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone having any technical problems with this site?

+5
KatiLB
El-dudeareno
Mary_FV
Admin
Caker
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Anyone having any technical problems with this site? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone having any technical problems with this site?

Post by Admin Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:07 pm

well it can be left however those buttons need doing as you cant figure out which buttons do what as ive just done that myself

so posts could be ackward to quote edit or delete them

which i will try to find as i like this skin myself except for the header could do with being much smaller
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Anyone having any technical problems with this site? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone having any technical problems with this site?

Post by Admin Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:10 pm

uncreased wrote:I can respond to posts, as I'm doing here, but I cannot start a new topic. I've clicked on FAQ and How do I post a topic in a forum? but nothing happens.

uncreased try it now and see if you can post a new topic it should be clear on the header page top right to post a new topic
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:42 pm

Admin wrote:well it can be left however those buttons need doing as you cant figure out which buttons do what as ive just done that myself

so posts could be ackward to quote edit or delete them

which i will try to find as i like this skin myself except for the header could do with being much smaller

header is way smaller and much better than before

however the buttons are a different thing as its still a beta setup i may not be able to change the quote/ edit /delete buttons however if you hang over them and look bottom left it tells you which button your hanging over

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

the first one thanks button the second one is multi quote the third one is quote the 4th one is edit and the 5th one is bin/delete the I is for admins or mods
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El-dudeareno Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:07 pm

I like the change, but is there any chance of getting the header text slightly larger at the darker blue band at the top of the screen? 🐰
El-dudeareno
El-dudeareno

http://dudeism.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_FV Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:33 pm

The 'like/thumbs up' facility does not seem to be working for me.
Mary_FV
Mary_FV

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:17 pm

El-dudeareno wrote:I like the change, but is there any chance of getting the header text slightly larger at the darker blue band at the top of the screen? 🐰

text size in now bigger on all the forum

im looking at the thumbs up next mary

also forgot i havent ticked the boxes to connect to the buttons at top of the page like facebook twitter for the forums

however the search function does work as ive tried it out already
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_FV Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:50 am

Admin wrote:
El-dudeareno wrote:I like the change, but is there any chance of getting the header text slightly larger at the darker blue band at the top of the screen? 🐰

text size in now bigger on all the forum

im looking at the thumbs up next mary

I'd like to know who Missing String is? lol!

also forgot i havent ticked the boxes to connect to the buttons at top of the page like facebook twitter for the forums

however the search function does work as ive tried it out already
Mary_FV
Mary_FV

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarquin Flotsam Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:56 am

Admin wrote:text size in now bigger on all the forum
It would be nice if we had an option in settings to have small or larger text. Not sure I really like the large text, tbh... Shocked
Tarquin Flotsam
Tarquin Flotsam

Back to top Go down

Post by uncreased Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:23 pm

Admin wrote:
uncreased wrote:I can respond to posts, as I'm doing here, but I cannot start a new topic. I've clicked on FAQ and How do I post a topic in a forum? but nothing happens.

uncreased try it now and see if you can post a new topic it should be clear on the header page top right to post a new topic

Right, that seems to be sorted out. I can start a new topic and I can reply to others but I can't post pictures.
Also, I can't see pictures posted by others unless I'm signed in.
uncreased
uncreased

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:27 pm

mary missing string is missing the code so that people can say thanks

tarquin ive lowered it down one level any lower and its back to normal

uncreased and everyone else as this is still in beta theres problems with it so im thinking its best to drop back to the other one until its out of beta testing

though I do like it myself looks better as well

so later tonight will drop it back to what we had temporary
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by uncreased Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:27 pm

When I click on the thumbs up to like someones post it doesn't register.
uncreased
uncreased

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarquin Flotsam Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:16 pm

Admin wrote:tarquin ive lowered it down one level any lower and its back to normal
It looks much better now, thanks! Cool
Tarquin Flotsam
Tarquin Flotsam

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:53 pm

everything is back to how it was before the change

uncreased to post a new topic its now on the left

caker you should be able to post pics could you please try for me

if any problems please do post it here so i can find out what it is once and for all

please note we will go back to the new style once all bugs is out of the system and its a fully released offer not forgetting its free

the whole forums is free
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by uncreased Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:08 pm

I also prefer this one too, as well.
uncreased
uncreased

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:27 am

Admin wrote:everything is back to how it was before the change

uncreased to post a new topic its now on the left

caker you should be able to post pics could you please try for me

if any problems please do post it here so i can find out what it is once and for all

please note we will go back to the new style once all bugs is out of the system and its a fully released offer not forgetting its free

the whole forums is free

I have just had a quick try. The problem still persists. I can only conclude that this is something to do with my computer (windows 8 ) and nothing to do with the forum software. scratch
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:36 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have just discovered a way around the picture problem. If I put in my forum password in the box, I can access the picture upload function. Here is a random picture I uploaded to prove that it is working now Very Happy
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Brutus Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:32 am

I seem to have the same problem, not be able to upload or post an url of a picture.
Could you elaborate a little on your workaround?

Brutus
Brutus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:15 am

@ Brutus

What is happening when you try to upload a picture or URL?

It might be the same problem or a different one.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Brutus Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:21 am

When I upload a picture it won't display (even if I then use the same URL the uploaded picture is assigned)
When I upload a graphic image to a server and then use its address, or copy, a picture URL it displays only if the Url actually end with a recognised graphic file format, and the forum software doesn't seem to be able to understand more complex URL like the one for instance used for Google sites, etc.

Brutus
Brutus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:48 am

That sounds like a different type of problem to the one I was having, so I am not really sure what you need to do scratch
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:51 pm

from what i can read many attachments can be used on the forums

http://help.forumotion.com/t66572-attachments

have you tried posting the direct link straight onto forums brutus then i can look at it and find out what it is from there

unless it could be your thinking your double posting the link therefore removing one of them when your clicking the link to display on the forums it does do it i just plain ignore it and post it with a double post for the images or with a link to other links
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2