BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Petition to Scrap Universal Credit, reinstate legacy benefits and scrap unfair sanctioning

+2
Intincroi
fordcortina1970
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Petition to Scrap Universal Credit, reinstate legacy benefits and scrap unfair sanctioning Empty Petition to Scrap Universal Credit, reinstate legacy benefits and scrap unfair sanctioning

Post by Archangel Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:34 pm

I just saw this. I've signed it. Probably a waste of time but who knows. If Labour get in it might have some sway.

Petition to Scrap Universal Credit, reinstate legacy benefits and scrap unfair sanctioning

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/644773

Archangel

oneman and jobberpw like this post

Back to top Go down

Petition to Scrap Universal Credit, reinstate legacy benefits and scrap unfair sanctioning Empty Re: Petition to Scrap Universal Credit, reinstate legacy benefits and scrap unfair sanctioning

Post by oneman Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:01 pm

I signed it as well. They will never get rid of it as it cost too much. An audit of how much it all cost would be the only way to get rid of it. The time, effort and money wasted on the sanctions process must be huge let alone the cost of tribunals. (that never happens as they cost too much) I did get a tribunal many years ago and it took 5 years to get to court so imagine the costs.
oneman
oneman

jobberpw and Archangel like this post

Back to top Go down

Petition to Scrap Universal Credit, reinstate legacy benefits and scrap unfair sanctioning Empty Re: Petition to Scrap Universal Credit, reinstate legacy benefits and scrap unfair sanctioning

Post by fordcortina1970 Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:15 pm

I've just signed this. Let's hope it gets up to 10,000
fordcortina1970
fordcortina1970

Back to top Go down

Post by Intincroi Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:54 pm

I've signed this also.  We need to somehow give this petition way more publicity.

I like to think that Labour will get in power, scrap Universal Credit as they said they would years ago and piss the Tories off.

The Tories have let the power get to their heads and think that they are untouchable.  But this is mostly down to the weak-as-water competition from Labour.  People are really starting to get pissed off with the Conservatives, our budgets have been over stretched for too long, just as pensions have been far too generous.

It surprises me how few people realise that the Tories prayed on pensioners for their votes and that they've kept them sweet with cushty pension increases, while the rest of us are literally scraping the barrel.

Intincroi

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:37 pm

Intincroi wrote:I've signed this also.  We need to somehow give this petition way more publicity.

I like to think that Labour will get in power, scrap Universal Credit as they said they would years ago and piss the Tories off.

The Tories have let the power get to their heads and think that they are untouchable.  But this is mostly down to the weak-as-water competition from Labour.  People are really starting to get pissed off with the Conservatives, our budgets have been over stretched for too long, just as pensions have been far too generous.

It surprises me how few people realise that the Tories prayed on pensioners for their votes and that they've kept them sweet with cushty pension increases, while the rest of us are literally scraping the barrel.

Labour. Will and have said they will fuck you more than Tories, Intincroi!!! Hi. Wake Up. This is not a fight between us.
You are not worthy or can't afford green energy increases spouted by Labour and the EU that we are now SUPPOSED TO BE OUT of!!!!!!!"!!
Things will get worse under labour. Wake the fuck UP Intincroi!

Their is me shouting angrily at sheep members but there is no great alternative, Is there?

This is what they want. This is the argument that they want us to do, to divide us. 
I for one will not fall for it, even if this conversation proved my point and I fell for the bait.
Total bollock often

(stop drinking the water) and fucking believing any news you watch, You are here. I thought better of you Intincroi.
cyclops It's a test, designed to provoke an emotional response...

They have been testing you for years. pale
oneman
oneman

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:04 pm

Archangel wrote:I just saw this. I've signed it. Probably a waste of time but who knows. If Labour get in it might have some sway.

Archangel. Very Happy

This is a fantastic find.

How do we promote it to others? Please.
. Can this be put on YouTube and does the disabled benefit wsite know about this???
Is YouTube still going and is it effective.
oneman
oneman

Archangel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Intincroi Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:32 pm

oneman wrote:
Intincroi wrote:I've signed this also.  We need to somehow give this petition way more publicity.

Labour. Will and have said they will fuck you more than Tories, Intincroi!!! Hi. Wake Up. This is not a fight between us.
You are not worthy or can't afford green energy increases spouted by Labour and the EU that we are now SUPPOSED TO BE OUT of!!!!!!!"!!

Their is me shouting angrily at sheep members but there is no great alternative, Is there?

This is what they want. This is the argument that they want us to do, to divide us. 
I for one will not fall for it, even if this conversation proved my point and I fell for the bait.
Total bollock often

(stop drinking the water) and fucking believing any news you watch, You are here. I thought better of you Intincroi.

Oh I completely get what you're saying, there's a reason Labour haven't won for so long now. It's out of sheer desperation that I would vote Labour if I were forced to, just to try and get rid of Universal Credit. I'm not sure if any other parties have mentioned this - if so, I'm not aware of it.

Just to be crystal clear, I don't trust ANY of the parties. Labour, Conservatives, Lib Dems or whoever - they're all as bad as each other and in it for themselves.

And this is why I have never voted in my life and never will. Because the moment you say you voted for x, y or z, people might not look at you the same way.

Sorry if I've narked you with my previous post. Just understand it would only a vote from desperation, not because I actually believe in Labour or anything they say.

Intincroi

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:41 pm

Intincroi Just to be crystal clear, I don't trust any of the parties. Labour, Conservatives, Lib Dems or whoever - they're all as bad as each other and in it for themselves.

Sorry if I've narked you with my previous post. Just understand it would only a vote from desperation, not because I actually believe in Labour or anything they say.

Technical problem with this reply! what is going wrong.
Sorry.
oneman
oneman

oneman, jobberpw and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:51 pm

Intincroi wrote:I just saw this. I've signed it. Probably a waste of time but who knows. If Labour get in it might have some sway.

Hi. Intincroi.

I do not do phone or social media.

I do have an email your link to all my emails. How do I send this to everybody?

oneman
oneman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:09 pm

Rachel Reeves, Chancellor to be if Labour do form the next government, is unequivocally no friend of benefit claimants. She has done numerous interviews over the years which testify to this. Although I am a firm believer that a person's private and professional lives are separate things, until very recently her husband was a very senior DWP official.

Was the Labour Party pledge to scrap UC a Jeremy Corbyn policy? If so, it may well be quietly parked.

I just can't see UC being scrapped 😭. Migrating Tax Credit claimants was probably the potential vote loser, as these are "hardworking" types being brought into a more punitive benefit regime. Yet, it doesn't seem to be doing too much political damage. Mind you, that could because of everything else they've fucked up as the country goes tits up at an alarming rate.

Ignatius

Absolut and jobberpw like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:22 pm

UC being scrapped. Will not happen.

It cost too much as I said before.

As long as this UK is run by and owned by foreign people with money. then nothing will change?
I ask who owns Scotland? Who owns all the housing in the South?

Why does Wales never get mentioned???
oneman
oneman

Absolut and jobberpw like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Intincroi Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:47 pm

oneman wrote:
Intincroi wrote:I just saw this. I've signed it. Probably a waste of time but who knows. If Labour get in it might have some sway.

Hi. Intincroi.

I do not do phone or social media.

I do have an email your link to all my emails. How do I send this to everybody?

Likewise, I don't do social media. If I wanted to send this to my friends, I'd probably use WhatsApp or text messages. If you can view this site on your phone, copy the link then paste it into your messages.

Intincroi

oneman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:05 pm

As if.!!!!!!! Very Happy
I would do any of that for you/ why would yo do it.

I'm confused.
Can you explain?

oneman
oneman

Back to top Go down

Post by Intincroi Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:08 am

oneman wrote:As if.!!!!!!! Very Happy
I would do any of that for you/ why would yo do it.

I'm confused.
Can you explain?

Sorry, I thought you wanted to know how to forward the link to the petition to other people on your phone. I must have misunderstood your question, apologies.

What is it you want to know? How to put the petition on social media? If so, that's not something I can answer as I don't use social media.

Intincroi

oneman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:34 pm

Signed Twisted Evil hopefully this link will get shared around facebook and Twitter etc.  

I watched a very interesting video on youtube about 3am so will try and find it and post it here. Its scathing', firm and precise indicator about what the deluded party are trying to achieve, and person explains why it will clearly not work.

I agree, Labour unlikely to be any better. But at the same time, takes a lot to be much worse than the clowns we have had these past 13 years. Labour have a history of being less hammer and more carrot where benefits are concerned but, that's not what i am hearing from one of their top planks. And really looks like they will persist with more moronic go nowhere provider courses wasting more billions too.

It appears everyone is now willing to hire the disabled and long term sick and unemployed. We're a "bargain" Evil or Very Mad We can now all gloriously work from home, pay no tax and claim from the state. What a great idea. I am sure that will boost any economy Evil or Very Mad .

jobberpw
jobberpw

oneman, Absolut and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:04 pm

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:11 pm

oneman wrote:

Total bollock often

Labour are too afraid of alienating their core voters, we, the unemployed, to do that. Whatever they do do, it won't be one tenth as bad as what the Tories have done to us.

Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:13 pm

Ignatius wrote:Rachel Reeves, Chancellor to be if Labour do form the next government, is unequivocally no friend of benefit claimants. She has done numerous interviews over the years which testify to this. Although I am a firm believer that a person's private and professional lives are separate things, until very recently her husband was a very senior DWP official.

Was the Labour Party pledge to scrap UC a Jeremy Corbyn policy? If so, it may well be quietly parked.

I just can't see UC being scrapped 😭. Migrating Tax Credit claimants was probably the potential vote loser, as these are "hardworking" types being brought into a more punitive benefit regime. Yet, it doesn't seem to be doing too much political damage. Mind you, that could because of everything else  they've fucked up as the country goes tits up at an alarming rate.

She has to say that to make Tories vote Labour. I doubt she will follow through.

Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:15 pm

oneman wrote:UC being scrapped. Will not happen.

It cost too much as I said before.

As long as this UK is run by and owned by foreign people with money. then nothing will change?
I ask who owns Scotland? Who owns all the housing in the South?

Why does Wales never get mentioned???

I don't mind if it's not scrapped, as long as the punitive measures we are under are scrapped - or lessened.

Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:37 pm

Spotted IDS in parliament today looking outraged at the post office scandal that has been going on for over 20 years now.
I was brought up in a post office and used to deliver the telegrams for money.
I also thought this twat retired to the House of Lords? Evil or Very Mad
oneman
oneman

jobberpw, Archangel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:14 pm

Radio 4, Private Eye and a small group of politicians have been banging on and on about the Post Office scandal for years and years to their credit. Where have the rest of the bandwagon jumping politicians been in that time.

A IT journalist was on the news earlier pointing out that the government would be screwed without Fujitsu because they provide way too much IT for too many government departments, including the DWP, and so they're a bit snookered. Yet another sorry state of affairs.

IDS was knighted but no way am I calling him a Sir.

Ignatius

oneman, jobberpw and Archangel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:20 pm

Private eye was relentless every month with this scandle.

WHO Noticed?
oneman
oneman

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:31 pm

Where is Anonymous Now?
oneman
oneman

Archangel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:13 pm

Yes, where are Anonymous. They seem to have disappeared.

Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:41 am

Anger over Labour’s ‘shameful’ silence on universal credit’s ‘deadly faults’

https://www.disabilitynewsservice.com/anger-over-labours-shameful-silence-on-universal-credits-deadly-faults/

Labours silence on where it matters is deafening. I see them to be another rinse and repeat effort.

And this is a real classic for those who may like this. Listen until the end, as it mentions a class action is in place and I am sure that everyone who is directly affected by this will see this with empathy Twisted Evil

Jeremy Hunt's shameful attack on the disabled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDCqeHVptcY

Last edited by jobberpw on Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next