BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social life for the modern unemployed person is worse than under Thatcher

+4
The Catwoman
Ignatius
Intincroi
Absolut
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Social life for the modern unemployed person is worse than under Thatcher - Page 2 Empty Re: Social life for the modern unemployed person is worse than under Thatcher

Post by oneman Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:21 pm

Pintel wrote:I remember all the talk of the UK becoming a Police-state in the 1980's. Yet in the current age, I haven't heard many talk about the surveillance state?🕵

That's because the teachers and police are not allowed to reprimand cunts without respect and discipline for their elders anymore.

I will not apologize for all the woke milky tea drinkers twats in this life.
I watched a popular TV program and watched a black immigrant "influencer" woman tell a British man "What are you doing in London"
i'm gobsmacked and I'm offended.
oneman
oneman

Absolut, jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Social life for the modern unemployed person is worse than under Thatcher - Page 2 Empty Re: Social life for the modern unemployed person is worse than under Thatcher

Post by Pintel Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:38 pm

You could image Riots/Unrest like in the early 1980's again like in London(Brixton) and Liverpool ( Toxteth)....🤪

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1981_Toxteth_riots

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1981_Brixton_riot#/search
Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw and Archangel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:42 pm

Pintel wrote:You could image Riots/Unrest like in the early 1980's again like in London and Liverpool ( Toxteth)....🤪

Nothing happend.

Where is BLM, now?

They stole the lot and the so-called charity left. No one was prosecuted.

Please prove me wrong.

oneman
oneman

jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:51 pm

I can't say I followed the subject with much interested. All I recall where aload of historic statue's, where pulled down... Not exactly, storming🌩️ the Bastille....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storming_of_the_Bastille
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:00 pm

Pintel wrote:I can't say I followed the subject with much interested. All I recall where aload of historic statue's, where pulled down... Not exactly, storming🌩️ the Bastille....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storming_of_the_Bastille

There was only one.

Stop watching the media lies!!!! Rolling Eyes
oneman
oneman

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:10 pm

I could be wrong, I recall 2x? One in Bristol harbour , and one in some University/College campus. Both I believe made their wealth via the Slave trade. Hence the reason for their removal. Either that or the scrap metal value...
Yet Mrs-T s monument, is safe in the Houses, under lock and key...

Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:16 pm

That reminds me, was there ever a environment campaign like 'Extinction Rebellion'? There was 'Greenpeace' I suppose in the 1980's. But as you mentioned, the Press/Media isn't what it used to be 🎬...

Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:02 pm

''To #Jobber's comment, I personally have never been able to get on the 'housing ladder', when I was working. Due to low paid employment vs the housing market bubble 💸. So priced out before I started 😪"

Been there and done it all, as they use to say. Had well paid jobs, shite jobs, low paid jobs, long employed duration,many very short duration post 2005. I miss my former home. I dont miss the mortgage and the financial stress that ends up causing when things go wrong.

Its alright them playing the game of ''here's a 35 year mortgage'' when many can't expect to be in a job more than the 35 months. In the 70s and 80's people had jobs for decades, things were much more secure and work was plenty. I was in that period, and have never seen things as badly fckd up as they have been since 2008- .

Forcing people to serve in coffee shops and bars etc, wont grow an economy, pay peoples mortgages or rents. Someone needs to tell that to the highly educated. People seek basic financial security through decent paid work, and they are being blamed for not being able to find it.

Last edited by jobberpw on Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
jobberpw
jobberpw

Absolut, Pintel, Archangel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:19 pm

Pintel wrote:You could image Riots/Unrest like in the early 1980's again like in London(Brixton) and Liverpool ( Toxteth)....🤪

Considering the utter mess we are all living in, i am very surprised that riots have not kicked off. But i believe those responsible in the past, are now pursuing other criminal alternative routes of employment that are far more lucrative than nicking trainers from shop windows. It does seem that compared to France and Italy, they have us British sadly conditioned. Sheep ready for market.Or is it to slaughter ? Only protest we have is by a ballot paper every 5 years and look how well that's turned out the past 20 years.

Last edited by jobberpw on Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
jobberpw
jobberpw

Absolut, Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:18 pm

Pintel wrote:#Archangel
"I'm amazed that all these banking billionaires look like losers. How did they ever become so rich? Mind you, most of them are just lucky jobsworths who were in the right place at the right time."

You have to wonder where they spend their money 💰 on? Doesn't seem to be on designer suits 🤔

They probably want us to think they are like us. That's why you never see millionaires with Rolls Royces these days. They don't want to look rich.

Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:20 pm

The Catwoman wrote:Universal jobs match.. WC would always say, if you have nothing to hide, you'd let me see it.

When I refused to use it my roach had a rant, so loud that the security guy came over to see if she was ok and that I hadn't threatened her!

Archangel

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:24 pm

Jobber: "Considering the utter mess we are all living in, i am very surprised that riots have not kicked off. But i believe may responsible for those in the past are now pursuing other criminal alternative routes of employment that are far more lucrative than kicking trainers from shop windows. It does seem that compared to France and Italy, they have us British sadly conditioned."

I hear what you're saying Jobber, while protesting/rioting may seem a good Idea at the time. They rarely seem to achieve much, after the fire(so to speak) has died down...
Besides you won't get many 'social media' likes, filming 📽️ riot on your phone.

Talking of what happens on the continent, the Yellow vest/gillet movement. Run out of fuel 😜, as that was primarily about energy costs?
Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:30 pm

@Archangel
"They probably want us to think they are like us. That's why you never see millionaires with Rolls Royces these days. They don't want to look rich."

I know what you mean 🤔. Some chap I knew commented to me once. "Only the rich can dress poor", can't say I understood it at the time. Seems he meant, if you're well off you don't need to flaunt it. By wearing 'designer label's' 🧣. Or driving around in a flash car...
Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw, Archangel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:46 pm

Jobber: "Considering the utter mess we are all living in, i am very surprised that riots have not kicked off. But i believe may responsible for those in the past are now pursuing other criminal alternative routes of employment that are far more lucrative than kicking trainers from shop windows. It does seem that compared to France and Italy, they have us British sadly conditioned."

Just want to make clear i am not trying to instigate any form of rioting etc, but very surprised none has taken place since the last time due to the utter mess we are in now.

Things are 3 times worse and yet nothing.Other countries citizens do not take what's happening as lightly but over here, its all perfectly normal. And the golden spoon fed Eton boys feel we're all happy as Larry about it all cos we can now go to a bloody food bank. Another 'growth industry' Oh wait! anyone heard, they too are now running out of food. Maybe that clown '' cook a meal for 30p''  will have a suggestion.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:53 pm

Pintel wrote:@Archangel

I know what you mean 🤔. Some chap I knew commented to me once. "Only the rich can dress poor", can't say I understood it at the time. Seems he meant, if you're well off you don't need to flaunt it. By wearing 'designer label's' 🧣. Or driving around in a flash car...

Yes Pintel, i had a friend who use to go around in jeans 6 inches too short for him, which looks even worse when your short. But he was loaded.

I said to him, you can have a brass plack put on your box when you leave the planet. ''Look! i wore crap clothes all my life not because i was poor, but because i was the richest guy in the charity shop.''

Be leaving any cash I have to cats home and cancer research, meantime, be buying anything the best i can afford, no matter how little that maybe.Life is too short, and for some of us getting much shorter.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Absolut, Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:36 pm

Pintel wrote:You could image Riots/Unrest like in the early 1980's again like in London(Brixton) and Liverpool ( Toxteth)....🤪

Sadly, it seems the youth no longer riot over poverty, homelessness and rampant capitalism, but would rather protest over climate issues. The climate protestors seem all comfortably off, so poverty is probably not an issue for most of them. Climate is important, but so is immediate poverty.

Archangel

oneman, jobberpw, Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:46 pm

Maybe, because we have more media coverage. It seems to me there's more violence on the streets towards individuals. Than a mob violence outbreak, like a Riot?
Especially, with tools/equipment of a lethal kind. While there has always been 'fist-e-cuffs'🥊, in my day. Today it seems more and more lethal incidents, with tools 🛠️?

Mind you #Archangel. With the raise in Energy/Fuel ⚡🔥prices. Poverty & Climate issues could merge together: ☃ - 💵 = 😰

Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:11 pm

A part of that is the fact that the Tories have cut all funding for youth clubs - if they even still exist, I doubt it. All funding for youth sports, playing fields and other free activities have been defunded as well.

One could argue that due to this, knife attacks have become rampant. The attackers have been brought up in a society that has provided them with nothing to do throughout their youth, so they were instead attracted to gangs as they had nothing else to do.

Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:34 pm

To return if I may to the original question #Archangel, as we are going down a Youth avenue It is difficult to say, while the Internet ⌨, could be seen as a Yoke around claimants neck's. I remember having to travel to the JCP 🚽, twice a week to use the jobpoints/ job card boards. Yet now you can do most of your job seeking online, from wherever you want  So plus and minus, to if life was better. There was 'Sanctions'. However, I believe these where for serious offences ( Reduced benefits?). Rather than a tool to massage the figures..  However, if I was to focus on 'Training'. This has definitely taken a turn for the worse.🙄 As I have been told by people that have seen both ends of the training spectrum 🌈. Actual training, to balance the skills shortage the country. And 'soft skills'  aka 🐱 sat on the Mat'...    Have to see in 20 x year's time ⏰. Will claimants look back vat today as a Golden age,? 🏆

Social life for the modern unemployed person is worse than under Thatcher - Page 2 1259455036
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:57 am

Yes, 2007 and 2008 ultimately the years that begun the economic gloom from then right up-to now. And their trying to kid people, that we 'may avoid a recession'.Are they bloody kidding us ?  As far as i am concerned, I've been in one since 2008. Of course, now with a good 10 years gap on my CV with multiple health problems,old age to match, is a huge bonus for any employer especially after roach shop force me to participate in one of their great ''provider opportunities.'' I see mass classroom disruption could occur. Just to add I am multi skilled, worked in a technical job which i cant disclose and yet..................Still, not to worry Greg's is opening i heard 200 more stores.I am sure that will address the financial imbalance over the past decade. Or help the young to pay their rent/buy first house if they can do 200 hrs a week.

Me too Pintel, twice a week to roach shop and same for the cowboy providers R us Ltd for a few months until i rebelled. They asked me if I'd like my exit report and said no thanks, i have plenty of toilet paper already. All Geniuses, arent they.

If this is ever seen as a golden age Pintel... further hell is coming Laughing
jobberpw
jobberpw

Pintel and Archangel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:38 pm

And like during Mrs T's rein. It seems there's another Ression on the cards. The bakery chain G™, might have to streamline there operations. When eating out becomes a luxury..
Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:33 pm

This is from a Labour Party policy document called "Rebuilding a just social security system", that I don't know how to upload here. I have it as a PDF version.

"The people who work in the social security system should be valued as skilled public servants, and their desire to help people held in high regard. Instead, they are being forced to police and punish vulnerable people, denying them the support they need.

We need to rebuild our social security system up from the principles on which it was founded – supporting people rather than punishing them, alleviating poverty rather than driving people into it."

Here is a summary of the policy document:

Summary:

The document outlines concerns about the current state of the UK social security system, criticizing issues such as the impact of Universal Credit, flawed work capability assessments, and the prevalence of insecure work. It emphasizes the need to rebuild the system with core values of compassion, justice, equality, independence, and respect. The Labour Party plans to stop the roll-out of Universal Credit, proposing a comprehensive system that supports people in need. The document seeks public input on various aspects, including funding principles, sanctions, support for disabled individuals, the design and administration of social security, children and families, employment support, and women and equalities. Additionally, it addresses the need to close gender pay gaps and establish a new Department for Equalities.

Archangel

oneman and jobberpw like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:35 pm

Archangel wrote:This is from a Labour Party policy document called "Rebuilding a just social security system", that I don't know how to upload here. I have it as a PDF version.

"The people who work in the social security system should be valued as skilled public servants, and their desire to help people held in high regard. Instead, they are being forced to police and punish vulnerable people, denying them the support they need.

We need to rebuild our social security system up from the principles on which it was founded – supporting people rather than punishing them, alleviating poverty rather than driving people into it."

Summary:

The document outlines concerns about the current state of the UK social security system, criticizing issues such as the impact of Universal Credit, flawed work capability assessments, and the prevalence of insecure work. It emphasizes the need to rebuild the system with core values of compassion, justice, equality, independence, and respect. The Labour Party plans to stop the roll-out of Universal Credit, proposing a comprehensive system that supports people in need. The document seeks public input on various aspects, including funding principles, sanctions, support for disabled individuals, the design and administration of social security, children and families, employment support, and women and equalities. Additionally, it addresses the need to close gender pay gaps and establish a new Department for Equalities.

Hi Archangel.

They have been spouting this same drivel since 2012!. It was last updated Jun 2019
Here is the links.
https://labourlist.org/2012/05/balancing-rights-and-responsibilities-rebuilding-the-social-security-system-in-the-21st-century/
https://www.policyforum.labour.org.uk/commissions/commissions/work/rebuilding-a-just-social-security-system-1-3
oneman
oneman

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:02 am

oneman wrote:
Archangel wrote:This is from a Labour Party policy document called "Rebuilding a just social security system", that I don't know how to upload here. I have it as a PDF version.

Summary:

Hi Archangel.

They have been spouting this same drivel since 2012!. It was last updated Jun 2019
Here is the links.
https://labourlist.org/2012/05/balancing-rights-and-responsibilities-rebuilding-the-social-security-system-in-the-21st-century/
https://www.policyforum.labour.org.uk/commissions/commissions/work/rebuilding-a-just-social-security-system-1-3

At this stage, I am willing to give them a chance. If the Tories get back in, it really is the end for us... I predict they will phase out all benefits.

Archangel

jobberpw and Georgewaste like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:36 pm

Yes, i wont be voting for either of these.
jobberpw
jobberpw

oneman and Absolut like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2