BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bereavement designated as a change of circumstances

+4
The Catwoman
Topaz
Pintel
jobberpw
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Bereavement designated as a change of circumstances - Page 3 Empty Re: Bereavement designated as a change of circumstances

Post by Absolut Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:43 pm

oneman wrote:Hi. Absolut.
I know your circumstances are slightly different because you have been forced onto UC but should there not be a 3 month run on period of benefits after a bereavement?

Yes, it's really hard to get though when it's a legacy benefit. It would take a judicial review. I don't think anyone has successfully done it.

But you know how these people work. If they can make it difficult then they will.

Indeed. I've decided not to let them wind me up. If I post it, it might not get there. Taking it in is better. I'm going in there anyway, so it's worked out ok. Just a shame they didn't ring in the morning, I could have got it done the same day.

I did my CC on my journal in an hour long conversation with a manager when I could not get into the job centre so your Work Roach that said DWP can do anything they like may have been right. I would never let them get away with that without investigating things first, though.

They can do anything they like Wink, but that doesn't mean they can't be taken to court for it, such as when they breach the "reasonable adjustments" bit of the EA 2010. I threatened it when they issued 2 illegal CCs. They immediately withdrew the CCs and issued correct ones.

You work roach sounds like a right nazi. They are not allowed to say NO when you ask to see a superior so I would be making a complaint about that. Contacting your MP is a great idea and I highly recommend you do that and tell them everything. I just hope yours is as helpful as mine.

I will see what they do on Monday. Rolling Eyes
Absolut
Absolut

oneman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Bereavement designated as a change of circumstances - Page 3 Empty Re: Bereavement designated as a change of circumstances

Post by oneman Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:14 pm

If your MP is any good they will request a full report from the job centre like mine did. This gives them all a kick up the arse and they start taking their jobs seriously. They are supposed to work for us, remember.
oneman
oneman

Absolut and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:47 pm

Absolut. I understand a change of circumstance has forced a move onto UC but am I right in thinking you basically volunteered to move onto UC because of your circumstances. What I'm trying to get at is, will you get transitional protection payments and are you worse off on UC? (Obviously everybody is worse off)
oneman
oneman

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:48 am

oneman wrote:Absolut. I understand a change of circumstance has forced a move onto UC but am I right in thinking you basically volunteered to move onto UC because of your circumstances. What I'm trying to get at is, will you get transitional protection payments and are you worse off on UC? (Obviously everybody is worse off)

I don't feel that I did volunteer. The DWP and the Council, jointly and behind my back, left me no choice but to claim UC. The council shouldn't have cut off my JSA council tax reduction which generated a full bill, they shouldn't have removed my access to the HB claim (which isn't closed) and they shouldn't have failed to pay the landlord before the 20.11.23. They've sent that payment now, but if I hadn't already been in advance their failure would have put me in arrears. They did use my inability to know up from down while I was in shock, but I would have ended up on UC anyway with or without Mr A joined to the claim.

Will I get TP? No, as my claim isn't under managed migration, although apparently there is a "case manager". Will I be worse off on UC financially due to no TP? Not that I know of. I do lose out on 3 months joint rate UC though that UC claimants get who suffer a bereavement. I don't get that money. I am not given the same protections that a bereaved UC claimant gets. I might not even get 6 months off work search. It's all down to the interpretation of the wording in Regulation 99.

J3200 Where it is within six months of the death of
1. the claimant’s partner

a work search requirement must not be imposed and the claimant also does not have to be able and willing to immediately take up work or attend an interview

The above simply says "claimant". It doesn't say that the partner also has to have been claiming UC within 6 months of their death for Regulation 99 to apply, but I can see them arguing with me over it. If they do I will simply go get a fit note.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:33 pm

Hi. Absolute.
I'm often as blunt as a breeze block and I did not mean to offend. What I meant to say is that you are being treating as if you volunteered and not that you did volunteer. I was trying to establish how things might go in the future. Your reply explains it all, thanks.
oneman
oneman

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:05 am

oneman wrote:Hi. Absolute.
I'm often as blunt as a breeze block and I did not mean to offend. What I meant to say is that you are being treating as if you volunteered and not that you did volunteer. I was trying to establish how things might go in the future. Your reply explains it all, thanks.

I wasn't offended. I'm grateful for your input. Like a Star @ heaven
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:41 am

Quick note to let everyone know that the appointment I had today was fine. I didn't need to present evidence of the existence of Regulation 99. Everything has been switched off. I did have to accept a CC that had an agreement that I would fully participate in any appointments even though none will be made. The WC saw me in a private room, which was much better than the ID meeting I had where everyone could hear what I was saying.

One thing that did concern me was my UC account was open on her laptop and she could go through screens and click on acceptance boxes as if I was logged in when I wasn't. Anyone else come across that?
Absolut
Absolut

oneman, Pintel, The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:48 pm

Very relieved to hear today was fine for you.

With regards to your question about the WC being able to click things on your account, I think WC have that superpower. When the person at the adjacent desk has been a new UC claim I've noticed the WC has been "doing things" with their account, unlike with an established claim.

Oh, and I hope you had better weather for your appointment than I did for my signing appointment today. It poured it down all the way there and all the way back. Naturally, it stopped 5 minutes after I'd got back home.

Ignatius

oneman, Absolut, Pintel and The Catwoman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:41 pm

That's a worrying issue, with the Roach clown, having the ability to control a person's UC account 😲.
I wouldn't trust any of them, not to add/delete/alter information on the account. Again need to take screen grabs or the account...

Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:04 pm

Pintel wrote:That's a worrying issue, with the Roach clown, having the ability to control a person's UC account 😲.
I wouldn't trust any of them, not to add/delete/alter information on the account. Again need to take screen grabs or the account...

You know what to do Pintel Have you been doing this long. lol Rolling Eyes Razz
oneman
oneman

Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:24 pm

Ignatius wrote:I've noticed the WC has been "doing things" with their account, unlike with an established claim.

Hmm, ok. I will keep an eye on that. You are likely right that they can't do that once the claim has turned into an award.

Oh, and I hope you had better weather for your appointment than I did for my signing appointment today. It poured it down all the way there and all the way back. Naturally, it stopped 5 minutes after I'd got back home.

It didn't pour down but it was dark and miserable Sad
Absolut
Absolut

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:24 pm

Pintel wrote:need to take screen grabs or the account..

Good idea.
Absolut
Absolut

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:59 pm

You got weather like a Scottish summer,Ignatius.  Sorry about that.

Don't forget, it's a CC agreement, Absolut. You both gotta agree on what works for them and you.

I went five years without a signed CC (JSA) agreement, even though it said I needed one to get benefits. It shows that for over six years, you can still get benefits without one. What a crock of shit!!

I battled this for ages and went to the tribunal after 5 years. Our dvine mate Mary showed in court that DWP rules trumped me. But we won.

Was a tough one, really bummed me out.

I seriously miss her at this time of year. She is always alive with me.

Yes, I am shouting about Mary. It's hard.

Dont you start Absolut Very Happy  we need you. I love you
No apologies.
Even when it is dark and miserable, outside Sad. We need you all.

Got a first here song in the car today. Not often I like a song the first time. I presume this will become annoying?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEJN7opj-QE&pp=ygUIY2F0IGJ1cm4%3D

If you have never discovered the 15-year-old voice of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY3OZVmfGVw&pp=ygUQZGlhbmEgYW5rdWRpbm92YQ%3D%3D Then this will shock you. It is real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt78je5hD0k&pp=ygUQZGlhbmEgYW5rdWRpbm92YQ%3D%3D

It's great but restricted. Never heard anything like this, before. Enjoy

I'm biting my lip and slapping my head about, repeatedly with a lot of what is coming up. I will talk and explain shit till you all tell me and understand the shit that they tried to hide from you is ok and understandable.
oneman
oneman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:22 am

Did the WC give you any idea of what happens at the end of the 6 months?

As you have no commitments you shouldn't have to but it is probably prudent to keep an eye on your journal.

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaz Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:11 am

Sending my condolences to Mrs Absolut. And lots of love and a big hug.

Topaz

Absolut, The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:40 pm

Ignatius wrote:Did the WC give you any idea of what happens at the end of the 6 months?

As you have no commitments you shouldn't have to but it is probably prudent to keep an eye on your journal.

I was told that they don't "abandon" people and that I will get a call at the 3 month point to see how I am. Regulation 99 doesn't say "ring the bereaved after 3 months to see how they are" Wink

Oh, I will keep an eye on the journal. I get alerts to both email and text, so they will be hard to miss, but it's always best to check on a random basis. Smile
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:41 pm

oneman wrote:I seriously miss her at this time of year. She is always alive with me.

I miss her too, she was brilliant.

Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaz Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:33 pm

Hi Absolut. Just a wee note to say thinking about you and hope you're doing o. k.

Topaz

oneman and The Catwoman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:41 am

Topaz wrote:Hi Absolut. Just a wee note to say thinking about you and hope you're doing o. k.

Aww thanks. I'm better than I was, but I fell and broke a rib in my back a couple of weeks ago which hasn't helped. Rolling Eyes

Mr A was cremated on Monday, no service as he hated funerals. I'm planning a life celebration as a separate thing as meetings after a cremation tend to be a bit morbid, which Mr A detested too.

DWP has left me alone so far, but I don't get news of the award of UC until 20.12.23.
Absolut
Absolut

oneman, Pintel, The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaz Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:56 am

Sorry to hear you broke your rib. Hope it heals quickly. I'll have a wee drink later to celebrate Mr A.

Topaz

oneman, Absolut, Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:56 am

Update on my situation: statement was due yesterday. No statement. No statement means no award. They have now summoned me to verify my capital in 2 weeks time in person. I've requested that they let me upload my bank statements. I feel physically sick having to go in to the local JCP without Mr A. As they can let me upload bank statements to my UC account I wonder at their motivation in booking a third in person appointment since 18 November.
Absolut
Absolut

oneman, Pintel, Ignatius and Muppet1970 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Catwoman Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:17 am

Heartless scumbags they are.

The Catwoman

oneman, Absolut, Pintel, Ignatius and Muppet1970 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:30 am

Put a request in to your journal saying you bank is paperless and can they provide you with a link so you can up load your 4 months statement from the bank. You should not have to go in to do this. All files must be pdf.
Legislation states that it is them that must supply you with this option and not the other way around.
I'm so annoyed about this as this is exactly what I'm trying to get changed through the ICE.
oneman
oneman

Pintel, The Catwoman, Ignatius and Muppet1970 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:29 pm

oneman wrote:Put a request in to your journal

Yep, I've done this. No response yet.

You should not have to go in to do this

Nope.

All files must be pdf.

Yep I've got pdf's ready.

Legislation states that it is them that must supply you with this option and not the other way around.

Right, then they shouldn't refuse the request.

I'm so annoyed about this as this is exactly what I'm trying to get changed through the ICE.

I hope it works. They are the ones who want everything to be online yet then demand face to face meetings for no good reason.
Absolut
Absolut

Pintel, The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:30 pm

Love you Absolut!

How are your ribs? I'm not laughing  Bereavement designated as a change of circumstances - Page 3 1f607
This site is not designed for laughing! Mad

Apparently, if I want to refer my complaint to the Parliamentary Ombudsman then I have to ask my MP.  Thought I had done this twice now! When will they realize? I don't forgive and I don't forget. I'm on my second bribe offer now, to stop things now so I will not be stopping there will I. Rolling Eyes

I will contact my MP with the last letter from ICE and once again ask for his help. Happy Christmas my MP.
The question is? Do I include a e-card to my MP. s/he/it? Has been good for me.
oneman
oneman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next