BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monthly Checks on Bank Accounts for Benefit Claimants

+3
Intincroi
Jara
The Catwoman
7 posters

Go down

Monthly Checks on Bank Accounts for Benefit Claimants  Empty Monthly Checks on Bank Accounts for Benefit Claimants

Post by Ignatius Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:16 pm

Ignatius

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Monthly Checks on Bank Accounts for Benefit Claimants  Empty Re: Monthly Checks on Bank Accounts for Benefit Claimants

Post by Ignatius Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:42 pm

They also plan to check with airlines about any flights claimants have booked.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/cost-of-living/dwp-contact-airlines-your-travel-28054513#amp-readmore-target

I will fess up. Yesterday, in preparation for winter, I purchased a new big coat. I also bought new socks. Should I take these items to the jobcentre to get official approval or just wait until they announce checks on claimants' wardrobes?

Ignatius

Absolut, jobberpw and The Catwoman like this post

Back to top Go down

Monthly Checks on Bank Accounts for Benefit Claimants  Empty Re: Monthly Checks on Bank Accounts for Benefit Claimants

Post by The Catwoman Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:02 pm

So the WC will be looking at every transaction on bank statement. Can we look at theirs.

The Catwoman

jobberpw and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:03 am

I am more worried about DWP investigators getting powers to arrest in addition to search and seizure.

Jara

jobberpw and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:38 pm

Catwoman, the PCS union has often spoken of WCs who receive UC. We can't look at their bank statements but their employer or their AI Bot will be able to look at their bank accounts.

Ignatius

jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:08 pm

The DWP used to do something called account matching to find people who hadn't declared savings. They would ask banks to supply details of accounts which earnt a certain amount of interest which would mean the account balance was in excess of benefit thresholds. I wonder if this new form of snooping will just be an automated trawl of balances or will their AI Bot actually look at spending habits to see what ostensibly fraudulent behaviour is revealed. Can't think what could go wrong with that one.

Like most, I don't like the thought of DWP officers having powers of arrest. I can reluctantly concede it could be seen as a logical step. The DWP are a prosecuting authority and their fraud officers have possessed extensive investigatory powers for years. Compliance interviews are conducted under caution. Furthermore, their fraud officers are a higher grade and are supposed to be a cut above your average WC.* Of course, there's no real evidence benefit fraud by individuals is rampant. But by bringing in these additional powers, politicians get to sound tough, deflect from the real fraudsters, and stir up yet more benefit bashing.

*The things you learn growing up in a posh area with the manager of the local jobcentre a very near neighbour.

Ignatius

jobberpw, Pintel and Coconutxone like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:18 pm

You can only imagine, as society becomes more and more digital. That other electronic records are monitored 😲. Travel (internal) passes, health records etc. All under the disguise of crime prevention.

Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw, Ignatius and Coconutxone like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Intincroi Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:22 am

More reason to use cash in what seems to be an ever increasing cashless society. Get paid, leave enough money in to cover direct debits, withdraw the rest and enjoy.

Intincroi

jobberpw, scratch, Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:33 pm

Another chilling feature of these new powers is apparently the ability to snoop on people who are linked with the claimant's bank account.

I'm also a fellow cash lover, not that I have suitcases full of it or anything. For those who appreciate the role cash plays and the perils of becoming a cashless society, I can heartily recommend a read of 'The Pay Off' and 'Cloud Money'. Don't get me started on crypto currency.

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Muppet1970 Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:45 pm

Ignatius wrote:Another chilling feature of these new powers is apparently the ability to snoop on people who are linked with the claimant's bank account.

I'm also a fellow cash lover, not that I have suitcases full of it or anything. For those who appreciate the role cash plays and the perils of becoming a cashless society, I can heartily recommend a read of 'The Pay Off' and 'Cloud Money'. Don't get me started on crypto currency.

Next bank statements each sign on or meeting with your work coach.

They can check my bank account. I always transfer £1 3 to 4 times a day between banks back and forward. Lol you can also use Tesco's or Adsa self-checkout to purchase 10p carry bags multiple times. Your transaction history will be filled up, and they will soon say, Fuck this waste of time this claimant is fucking about please don't bring in bank statements into your sign on day.

Also Great Britain is becoming a North Korean state soon, and consent forms are not even allowed to pull out with providers.
Reading on Reddit today, some users said the work coach said you must sign it or we will have serious problems.

Muppet1970

jobberpw, scratch and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:41 pm

Jara wrote:I am more worried about DWP investigators getting powers to arrest in addition to search and seizure.

If I was me, I'd be more concerned on picking on the wrong person when using these proposed powers of arrest.

"Any claim for wrongful arrest depends on two factors: Whether or not the ''officer'' involved, should have believed that you have committed a crime or were intent on committing a crime. Whether it was truly necessary for the arrest to be made."

"Creating 'a false accusation against someone or fabricating evidence to their detriment'. Exaggerating or fabricating their account of events e.g. accusing the individual of assault to justify their own use of excessive force."

if you have been wrongly arrested this would be classed as a form of false imprisonment and you may be entitled to compensation Very Happy .
Hope their be happy to pay that. After all, they dont make many errors people tell me. Not as straightforward as they would have us all believe Evil or Very Mad .

Obviously, if they see someone on JSA has been on a 6 month around the world cruise for £30.000 then they will have reasonable grounds to proceed with enquiries but they will also; have had to have done an in-depth form of investigation before sending the boys around so to speak. They can't just go after people at random on their coffee break, because they have a hunch:scratch: . It's the same for HMRC, they will be triggered to act by excess amounts of money or regular payments going in and out, preferably, regular large sums, that greatly exceed the benefit most people currently receive on JSA etc.  

To mitigate the risks of abuse of power, I think it will be essential that any extension of arrest powers is accompanied by stiff regulations and oversight mechanisms. This will help ensure that arrests are made only ''when there are solid grounds'' and in line with legal principles. A balance between effective investigation and 'respecting civil liberties' is of much importance imo.

The cashless society will come as its a way of tracking many by digital tracing etc and i understand as to why governments will want to do that. Unfortunately people at the bottom end of the food chain so to speak, will be forced to comply when that happens. I'll be long gone by then, as now getting old.Next up, bloody robots serving us pints in the pub. Gone forever will be the lovely bar staff. Their already a dying breed in my neck of the woods.

All the above just my opinion.

Last edited by jobberpw on Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
jobberpw
jobberpw

Brutus, Pintel and Muppet1970 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Muppet1970 Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:56 pm

I reported the Change of circumstances today saying I have private jet parked outside. Lol maybe my work coach will ask can she have a ride next sign on day or maybe she ask how did you get to the job centre will say private jet. Lol

Ok next appointment bank statements fuckers love attacking the vulnerable people go after amazon and apple they are hiding billions of unpaid tax ask them for financial statements and bank statement. God I hate this country.

Muppet1970

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:05 pm

Yes, Muppet1970, always us little fish getting battered, excuse the pun, as we're all too easy to catch. But they will hammer a lot of criminal's and i am all for that. Still,it would be good, if they could begin as to where all the Billions have gone.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:21 pm

Seems to be the same old story, easiest 🎯 target is the ones they go for. Image if these large companies had their books, investigated monthly...

Strange as the HMRC & DWP 👺 keep going on about staff shortages. Yet computers can only do so much?
Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Muppet1970 Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:41 pm

Pintel wrote:Seems to be the same old story, easiest 🎯 target is the ones they go for. Image if these large companies had their books, investigated monthly...

Strange as the HMRC & DWP 👺 keep going on about staff shortages. Yet computers can only do so much?

Suella Braverman plans to stop tents for homeless people. This sums up this country. Who created this mess? The government is stopping people benefits.

These bastards get into the next election; they might even remove your right to speak at your appointments. Speak sanction no if no buts do it.

Talking about this, our pension is the highest age across Europe to retire and also the lowest monthly state pension. And people across Europe don't face benefits sanctions; only this country treats our own like fucking little shits better off in prison, like my friend is a pro today got kicked off his face-to-face appointments.

On the first appointment at the restart, they asked him why you don't want to work, and he said he has serious trouble stealing things around him cannot keep his hands to himself.

Prison is better, so any job restart you want to do is a very big issue. Your advisor will be held accountable; they said telephone appointments from now on.

Rofi this trick works your a liability towards the restart company and jobs they want you forward don't want the employer phoning restart manager monitor is missing, smartphone is missing reason why your participants is stealing. Lol

I will be using this trick next scheme.

Muppet1970

jobberpw, scratch, Pintel and The Catwoman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down