BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Employment and Health Discussions Pilot

+3
mandy tori
Ignatius
Coconutxone
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Employment and Health Discussions Pilot Empty Employment and Health Discussions Pilot

Post by Ignatius Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:42 pm

This sounds like fun.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/back-to-work-boost-for-disability-benefit-claimants-as-ground-breaking-employment-scheme-expanded

What exactly is an employment and health practitioner?? Prior to undergoing a Work Capability Assessment, claimants will be subject to a 1 hour assessment with the aforementioned practitioner to develop a 'work ability' plan. The plan will be shared with the WC. No idea who is delivering these assessments, presumably the usual suspects. A made up job title and a new entry to the dictionary with work ability is probably bad news for claimants. The only good thing is it appears voluntary. For now, at least.

If you live in Aberdare, Bradford, Chelmsford, Doncaster, Durham, Hull, Lancaster, Newcastle, Norwich, Sunderland, Wigan or York, be aware of this new initiative.

And as a North dweller, I must ask why are most of the pilot areas in the norf?

Ignatius

Pintel and Mousecat like this post

Back to top Go down

Employment and Health Discussions Pilot Empty Re: Employment and Health Discussions Pilot

Post by Pintel Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:02 pm

I hear where you're coming from #Ignatius. When I browsed the article, I wondered if the JCP 🚽, will replace the drool proof couches. With a psychiatrist Shezslong style sofa 🛋️ piece, to vent your spleen upon....
I quote:
"This plan involves identifying how the claimant’s health interacts with their work and how to address these barriers, including signposting to further support to help them self-manage any problems. When a personalised plan is finalised, the details are shared with a work coach who then helps move them towards long-term employment. "

So the claimant is to talk about their health issues, with someone with no idea about the real world, or any relatable qualifications. And after an Hr of this chat, the scales ⚖ will fall from their eyes.... Yet not addressing the larger picture of employer's, not wanting to take on people with disabilities/health conditions. So you can theoretically, navigate your way out of the minefield. But doesn't match reality, when you step in it....
Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Employment and Health Discussions Pilot Empty Re: Employment and Health Discussions Pilot

Post by Pintel Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:13 pm

That would be another thread there #Ignatius. Of how the DWP 👺 select pilot area's? 🤔

I imagine that the DWP 👺, has a big globe like the national lottery results are drawn. And all of the JCP 🚽 areas are the small balls. There an independent contractor to make sure, there is no funny business going on.?

Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:01 am

I'm getting East Germany vibes about the thought of people having a cosy chat with a practitioner to discover their inner, hidden workability.

I seem to think Wigan was one of the original 2 UC pilot areas. Perhaps it suffers from a high rate of ferret bites or some other northern stereotype that sees it getting enhanced DWP "assistance".

Ignatius

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:24 pm

I'm getting more Dr Hannibal Lecter vibes, with a hint of Orwellian room 101??🤪.

Hopefully it won't be a 'cosy chat' in the awful casting couch's in the JCP 🚽. But a darkened private room, table and 2x chair's, and a lamp pointed directly at the claimants face.

Also it would be great to see the 'script' the practitioner's will be working from. You know 'anything you say to me is in confidence' ( except when the DWP 👺 ask me), etc etc....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SoZ1e5kjjcs&pp=ygUjc2lsZW5jZSBvZiB0aGUgbGFtYnMsIHRlbGwgbWUgYWJvdXQ%3D
Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:37 pm

Again #Ignatius, well spotted. Of the 12 sites.

Like a Star @ heaven The 12 new sites, in addition to Leeds, which have come online are: Aberdare, Bradford, Chelmsford, Doncaster, Durham, Hull, Lancaster, Newcastle, Norwich, Sunderland, Wigan and York.

Aside from:
Aberdare,  Chelmsford, and Norwich.
All of the rest of the Sites I would define as Northern. Not exactly a even distribution of the country 🤔.
Or is it because they are further away from Caxton House.
Tothill Street
London
SW1H 9NA

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/contact-the-department-for-work-and-pensions-about-its-policies
Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:10 pm

Meanwhile, back on target 🎯.

The Link mentions a 'Work Ability Plan' from the 1x hr 'griilling' of the claimant. Identifying barriers 🚧 to employment and actions and support to overcome them. And is shared with the Roach clown...

Firstly, this sounds 🔊 like another 'claimant commitment'? Isn't that a plan to into employment?

Secondly, whom writes/types this conversation out. And therefore creates the final version? As I found out that the Roach clown, decided to get a creative with my C-Commitment!
Currently it is 'voluntary' how long before a claimant is 'mandated' to participate ( under duress)???

Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:33 pm

Pintel, I hope WC don't lurk on this forum - you are giving them ideas. How many people would keep signing on if it involved having a bright light pointed in their face?

Aberdare is Wales so that's the back of beyond/technically like the norf to those in the corridors of power.

The job title, Health and Employment Practitioner is very Orwellian. Do you think they wear a white coat for the "discussion"? It's a very cynical job title. To the unsuspecting, practitioner suggests a person with a background and qualification in healthcare, and that they might be there to help you. Instead, they are to be a barrier to you succeeding at a WCA.

I reckon the "discussion" room will have a 2way mirror with a WC the other side like what the cops have in interview rooms on the telly.

As this is a new initiative it's hard to find stuff elsewhere online from people who've had one of these "discussions".

Ignatius

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:12 pm

Pintel, I hope WC don't lurk on this forum - you are giving them ideas. How many people would keep signing on if it involved having a bright light pointed in their face?

🍩 My Bad Ignatius,

geek

Aberdare is Wales so that's the back of beyond/technically like the norf to those in the corridors of power.

🍪Nothing 'Norf' of the boarder? Do the Scot's know a waste of money when they see one?

The job title, Health and Employment Practitioner is very Orwellian. Do you think they wear a white coat for the "discussion"? It's a very cynical job title. To the unsuspecting, practitioner suggests a person with a background and qualification in healthcare, and that they might be there to help you. Instead, they are to be a barrier to you succeeding at a WCA.

🍄 Not sure the White Smock/Coat would go with the colour of the furnishings of the JCP 🚽... It wouldn't be the first time, people has been given misleading job titles. Notice Doctors put (MD) after their name. So not to be confused with some university 'Studies' Doctorate 🎓. Talking of what to wear, maybe these Practitioner's could wear a Hi Viz tabard with 'Here to Help' and a baseball cap with Coach printed on the front 🧢. Nothing says to me competence, more than a Hi Viz tabard..🙃..

I reckon the "discussion" room will have a 2way mirror with a WC the other side like what the cops have in interview rooms on the telly.

🍓 Nice idea, they could also have clear safety glass, so all can see your in the 'Sin Bin🗑️',  playing the public Shame card? 🤔

As this is a new initiative it's hard to find stuff elsewhere online from people who've had one of these "discussions".

📌 As mentioned it only a White paper, but you can see it will pass. And I second that opinion, that this hasn't already been implemented else where ( double dipping)...
Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius and Mousecat like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:36 pm

If only it was a White Paper. According to the press release, people in the Leeds area have been the initial guinea pigs and due it's alleged success, more areas are now taking part in piloting these discussions.

Ignatius

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:30 pm

I always take these 'alleged success' with a large pinch of salt. After a JCP 🚽 Roach clown told me how good the Work Program was! Must be like one of them no one fails, type of courses I been placed on....confused

Still another tool in the box for the JCP 🚽, to rust to oblivion that cost the earth 🌍 and only used once.... Money well spent there......

Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius and Mousecat like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:31 pm

Who'd have thunk it?

The Health and Employment Practitioner will identify your workability, this ensuring you are job ready and thus in no need of any LCWRA payment.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/cost-of-living/dwp-start-cutting-universal-credit-27999773

Ignatius

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:41 pm

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/cost-of-living/dwp-start-cutting-universal-credit-27999773

"Secretary of State for Work and Pensions Mel Stride said: "We are pushing ahead with the next generation of welfare reforms to ensure benefit claimants get as much support as soon as possible to move towards work and the more prosperous life that brings.".

🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴

So after slicing through the 'word 🥗salad'... You'd be better off in Vork, "..more prosperous life that brings.". It took me a few reads before I understood, getting a reduction of benefits, leads to a more prosperous life...confused

Are 'Support's' a new form of Luncheon Voucher? Where you can take them to the supermarket, and trade them for food? I am just saying....

Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:47 pm

On a personal note, the bleessed 🙏 Roach clown. Keeps telling me I would be better off on the U-C system, due to being eligible for the, LCWRA payment. Seems they haven't read the memo, that it is being deleted.confused
Pintel
Pintel

mandy tori, Ignatius and Coconutxone like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Coconutxone Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:30 pm

Pintel wrote:On a personal note, the bleessed 🙏 Roach clown. Keeps telling me I would be better off on the U-C system, due to being eligible for the, LCWRA payment. Seems they haven't read the memo, that it is being deleted.confused

Condescending pricks They tried this a few weeks with me saying you unemployed bastards don't want more money; you're better off £80 a month more. Why are you staying on JSA? Any reason? I told her to listen and I would wait for my migration letter. Also, my computer skills are crap. I hate that fucking journal that shuts the roach up. never heard the universal credit word again, which was two months ago.

We all know why universal credit works to 25 hours to earn a minimum of 817 pounds a month before light touch can apply.

JSA seeks work for 16 hours with no journal; I have the most lazy JSA work coach in my job centre; almost every JSA work coach workload is hectic; they have no time to even read my job searches. Why would I trade that in for universal credit? Make no sense I swear not had a work commitments since 2018 they must have buried every JSA claimants at my job centre spoke to other JSA it's the same outcome. Sign in and out in 2 minutes tops.

Coconutxone

Pintel, Ignatius, Mousecat and Muppet1970 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:13 pm

If these cosy chats with the practitioner are saving all this money by getting people working, rather than claiming, for how long will they remain voluntary?

Ignatius

Pintel, Coconutxone and Mousecat like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:11 pm

The trouble with these 'Cosy hour long chats'. Saint Ignatius, Is that these people are being, 'Economically Inactive' during this period 🤑. ... Maybe a former 'wiper sniper' could serve refreshments☕ for a fee, to keep the economy going....

Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius, Coconutxone and Muppet1970 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:53 am

While Cumbria isn't in the expansion areas. However, does not mean they don't want a slice of the 🍰 cake...

Health and Wellbeing Coach

https://uk.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=d2149261afdb934e&from=serp&xpse=SoBJ67I3IWRjasx_hR0LbzkdCdPP

"The Health & Wellbeing Team are expanding to include a number of Health and Wellbeing Coaches that will be funded by NHS North East & North Cumbria ICS Health Inequalities Funding to work with individuals in our most deprived areas of Cumberland. The aim is to support and coach people with multiple and complex health needs associated with drug, alcohol and mental ill health to access healthcare.

Within the role, you will need to able to adopt a coaching approach and have the personal skills to build trusting and authentic relationships with individuals in our community. You will work in a non-directive style, help people to identify their aspirations and goals, motivate them to make changes, whilst also understanding and reducing any barriers to change."

Sound like the careers advisor I had a skool, no matter what your asperations where, The YTS ( youth training scheme)  held all the answers...
Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius and Muppet1970 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:40 pm

I think these coaches/practitioners/gurus/bullshitters being recruited by NHS Trusts are not delivering DWP programmes and the staff are employed by the NHS, not the usual providers. There is a big drive (can't remember the name of the policy) to get those diagnosed with Serious Mental Illness into employment because as we all know 8hrs a week at Greggs is proven to help with a bit of schizophrenia. Doubtless the likes of Reed, Maximus and the rest of the shysters will be after a role.

Ignatius

Pintel and Muppet1970 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:26 pm

My above post refers to Individual Placement and Support (IPS), an NHS England led initiative to improve the employment chances of those with Severe Mental Illness (SMI).

Obviously the Cumbria scheme Pintel linked to is yet another damned scheme. Soon everyone will either be a participant or employed by a provider!

Ignatius

Pintel, Coconutxone, Mousecat and Muppet1970 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Muppet1970 Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:00 pm

No wonder we need this. The restart has damaged every "participant's" mental health.

The scheme is ending in June 2024; let's refer everyone over to this, recover them, and make another restart v2 programme damage them all again.

Muppet1970

Pintel, Ignatius and Mousecat like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:35 pm

It seems these 'Health& Employment' schemes, are the way things are going confused.

As #Ignatius, mentioned. These iniatives are designed to generate business, by destroying people's mental health. Then cash in by 'supposedly' providing assistance. A win win for the providers.

Also Ignatius, how much in 🛏️ bed, the health services and the DWP 👺 will become. I gather they already have a cosy arrangement of data sharing, and wasn't there a post about JCP 🚽 sentry's being posted around medical centers...

Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius, Mousecat and Muppet1970 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:54 pm

I wonder what happened to the entrepreneurship in this country....🤨
I thought by now some smart solicitors, would of seen the potential gold mine. Of the damage caused by these (delete a appropriate) scheme/programs/interventions etc, to the population. An open and shut case, so could even make it 'no win no fee'. No further questions....

A triple 🍧 dip combo. Create the problem, Make a Provider to help the problem, and Collect from the damage caused...🤔

Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius, Mousecat and Muppet1970 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Muppet1970 Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:05 pm

No fuckin joke Restart has changed my health, and sleeping issues have caused aggressive behaviour.

This scheme will probably get 3k per head for fixing so-called mental health. Report to your work coach is the participant is fixed mentally and is ready to work in the real world. More cat-and-mouse schemes that rinse the tax payer monies in billions must be a tory behind this again cashing in, just like the COVID PPE scam. clown

Muppet1970

Pintel, Ignatius and Mousecat like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy tori Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:33 pm

interesting that they class mental health issues as the same as substance abuse.

they like to use the term "barriers" often. substance abuse would get instant dismissal from so many employers even if it was decades ago, mental health issues diagnosed by rent-a-roaches is a potential barrier more serious than i had imagined.

next scheme that i encounter will be getting "no comment" methinks

mandy tori

Mousecat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next