BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Working Age Benefits Be Cut to Pay for Tax Cuts / Votes Ahead of General Election

Go down

Will Working Age Benefits Be Cut to Pay for Tax Cuts / Votes Ahead of General Election  Empty Will Working Age Benefits Be Cut to Pay for Tax Cuts / Votes Ahead of General Election

Post by Ignatius Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:38 pm

Lord forgive me but I had a quick flick through my elderly father's Daily Mail as I was in the queue waiting to pay this morning.

Apparently Jeremy Hunt is considering changing the formula for working age benefit increases this autumn. As inflation is forecast to be much lower come April, the bastards want to give us lot an increase based on this forecast, not the actual inflation rate in September. Naturally, the savings will be used for pre-election tax cuts.

What did that Radio 4 presenter famously call Mr Hunt when he got his surname confused with a very similar sounding word?

I obviously apologise for the Daily Mail link

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12498097/Jeremy-Hunt-considers-curbing-benefit-rises-free-cash-tax-cuts-ahead-general-election.html

Ignatius

Back to top Go down