BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Claiment commitment.

+6
Tom tiny
Coconutxone
Pintel
Leaf
Ignatius
The Catwoman
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Claiment commitment. Empty Claiment commitment.

Post by The Catwoman Fri May 12, 2023 11:17 am

I can't believe my recording of this appointment failed,

during this 2nd cc appointment, the WC once again starts off with an interrogation of why haven't I got a job. Kept on telling me how long I've been claiming.
Then she actually said I get great pleasure in tormenting her, she said It twice I get pleasure in my small life for being difficult with her.
She then goes to add every crap job she can think of onto the cc. She added twenty different types of jobs I can apply for then said it's not good enough me just applying for jobs I need to do more . What more can I do.
Next she spent 10 minutes in silence staring at me..
To top it all off, she still hasn't finished this cc even though she's had two appointments to do it. She's basically gonna fill it up with rubbish.

What's worse is I've had worse WC then this.

Can the WC force me to do work experience on cc or join an agency?

I'm really angry, when I left the JC and looked at my phone it didn't record the appointment.

The Catwoman

oneman, Pintel, Ignatius, Leaf and Tom tiny like this post

Back to top Go down

Claiment commitment. Empty Re: Claiment commitment.

Post by Ignatius Fri May 12, 2023 3:30 pm

You can refuse to sign a CC, but I have no idea of the process for doing this or what would happen to your JSA payments in the interim. It would probably be a Decision Maker who got the final say on whether your CC was reasonable, not some jumped up little squirt of a WC.

If by work experience they mean something organised through the JCP then I think that would be voluntary and would only become mandatory once you agreed to participate.

Ignatius

oneman, Pintel, The Catwoman and Leaf like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Fri May 12, 2023 4:49 pm

I've done a bit of homework on CC and not agreeing to them, but most of the stuff I found referred only to UC and not signing it. It appears there is a 7 day cooling off period for you to 'reflect' on your CC and that you can ask for a 2nd opinion and go through the mandatory reconsideration process if you are still not happy to sign. Clearly a WC cannot put anything on it and expect you to agree. A claim is closed if unsigned after 7 days. No idea if this also applies to JSA. If it does, presumably you could decline to sign your CC at your next appointment.

Pragmatism and a bit of holding your nose could be in order. I feel dirty typing that. You could always register with employment agencies but 'persuade' them of your unemployability. Work experience via JCP is best swerved, especially if it is with a company that aways seems to be offering work experience.

Members of this forum are busy sticking pins in our WC effigies on your behalf, Catwoman.

Ignatius

oneman, Pintel, The Catwoman and Leaf like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Leaf Fri May 12, 2023 5:40 pm

The cooling off period applies to the initial appointment on UC. You're entitled to ask for a second opinion but there's nothing to stop them passing you off to one of their office pals. (It's supposed to happen same day). If you refuse to sign after that then they can sanction and you'd be forced to go to mandatory reconsideration process.

She's likely pressuring you, Catwoman because she's also being pressured from above. By doing 'more' they're usually talking about courses or volunteering. If you can find one you can stomach, you might get her to leave you alone for a while. I got my work roach to leave me alone by applying for an online skills bootcamp that starts around September and I waste his time at work reviews by asking questions about it and what equipment they will pay for.

Leaf

oneman, Pintel, The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Fri May 12, 2023 9:22 pm

"#Leaf. '. If you can find one you can stomach, you might get her to leave you alone for a while.'

Just wondering is there a limit to the amount of 'courses/training' a claimant can do at any one time? I understand you can only do up to 17x hrs voluntary work (please correct me if wrong) on the UC. Just I believe #catwoman is enrolled ( allegedly ) on the Retread scheme?
Pintel
Pintel

oneman, Leaf, Coconutxone and Tom tiny like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Coconutxone Fri May 12, 2023 9:49 pm

The Catwoman wrote:I can't believe my recording of this appointment failed,

during this 2nd cc appointment, the WC once again starts off with an interrogation of why haven't I got a job. Kept on telling me how long I've been claiming.
Then she actually said I get great pleasure in tormenting her, she said It twice I get pleasure in my small life for being difficult with her.
She then goes to add every crap job she can think of onto the cc. She added twenty different types of jobs I can apply for then said it's not good enough me just applying for jobs I need to do more . What more can I do.
Next she spent 10 minutes in silence staring at me..
To top it all off, she still hasn't finished this cc even though she's had two appointments to do it. She's basically gonna fill it up with rubbish.

What's worse is I've had worse WC then this.

Can the WC force me to do work experience on cc or join an agency?

I'm really angry, when I left the JC and looked at my phone it didn't record the appointment.

I feel for you you have the most asshole WC
all my WC cannot even be bothered asking me this type of question they have completely given up on me and hope.

I walk in 2 minutes and out this been going on for 4 years now.

I even missed a couple sign on appointments last year about 2 they will even call me to do it over the phone. I do come across as a complete retarded/impaired person on sign on days they must have felt sorry for me.

Coconutxone

oneman, jobberpw, Pintel, The Catwoman, Leaf and Tom tiny like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Leaf Fri May 12, 2023 9:55 pm

I don't think there's a limit. You're fulfilling their criteria of 'preparing for work'. It makes them happy because it allows them to take you off their precious unemployment figures as you're classed as being in training/education, the same as being on restart. The tone of my roach has also changed from being shitty since I brought up the course as he has something to type in his little report.

The one I've applied to would be 12hrs/week over 12 weeks and on paper looks like some actual training that will go somewhere so I'm interested to see where it goes. Even if I fail, I should avoid being referred to restart for a while.

Last edited by Leaf on Fri May 26, 2023 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Leaf

oneman, jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Leaf Fri May 12, 2023 10:32 pm

Thinking about it, I'm curious if you could use it as a way of getting off of restart after being referred.

Edit: https://edcentral.uk/ednews/fe-skills/11297-ministers-lift-ban-on-skills-bootcamps-for-restart-participants

Seems so.

Leaf

oneman and Tom tiny like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom tiny Fri May 12, 2023 11:03 pm

Leaf wrote:Thinking about it, I'm curious if you could use it as a way of getting off of restart after being referred.

Edit: https://edcentral.uk/ednews/fe-skills/11297-ministers-lift-ban-on-skills-bootcamps-for-restart-participants

Seems so.

Boot camp more like prison camp soon you will have to see your advisor weekly fuck that rather do 12 hrs shitty job instead.

BTW I'm only claiming 80 peanuts pounds a week on JSA feel sorry for people that are claiming housing and other benefits this bootcamp will be putting people into suicide mode sadly many will be homeless will just sign off instead facing this crap also once this message gets out to the restart advisor we will be facing more abuse/bully from them these advisors they are already power tripping madness.

Tom tiny

oneman and jobberpw like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Leaf Fri May 12, 2023 11:25 pm

Tom tiny wrote:Boot camp more like prison camp

Sure, it's not for everyone. It's like going back to school for a few weeks and the commitment isn't 12 months like on restart. I think if you used it as a way of getting out of restart they can't refer you back for 6 or 12 months, at all?

Of course, the amount of effort you put in is up to you.

Leaf

oneman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Coconutxone Mon May 15, 2023 8:31 am

Leaf wrote:
Tom tiny wrote:Boot camp more like prison camp

Sure, it's not for everyone. It's like going back to school for a few weeks and the commitment isn't 12 months like on restart. I think if you used it as a way of getting out of restart they can't refer you back for 6 or 12 months, at all?

Of course, the amount of effort you put in is up to you.
They tried this a few years back want the unemployed people cleaning streets/scrubbing streets for their benefits didn't go as planned.
My PA wants to me do some shitty job by next month told the cunt I will do it but I will stay 3 months and 29 days making sure your company doesn't get a single penny out if me the look on my PA face😂you have to be in 4 months before these bastards get paid by the government.

Coconutxone

oneman, jobberpw and Tom tiny like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Leaf Mon May 15, 2023 10:56 am

Coconutxone wrote:They tried this a few years back want the unemployed people cleaning streets/scrubbing streets for their benefits didn't go as planned.

They're not like that.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/find-a-skills-bootcamp

I don't know your circumstances, but I can't do this dance of avoid the sanction for another 30 years. Some of them have decent reviews and are probably your best option as opposed to 'cat sat on the mat' courses.

The point I'm making is, even if you don't want to do it, it can get you out of restart or just buy you time to do what you want/get your work coach off your back. They start every few months or so and from what I've read, there's no obligation to complete them or put any effort in.

Leaf

oneman, Pintel, The Catwoman, Ignatius and Tom tiny like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Catwoman Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:44 am

Seriously, someone please tell me how can it take 10 weeks to do a claiment commitment and it's still not finished. This is just an excuse to have me attend weekly.

Maybe if the incompetent WC stopped telling me how old I am, how long I've been on JSA and why haven't I got a job yet she would get this cc finished.🤦

The Catwoman

oneman, jobberpw, Ignatius and Tom tiny like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:15 am

The Catwoman wrote:Seriously, someone please tell me how can it take 10 weeks to do a claiment commitment and it's still not finished. This is just an excuse to have me attend weekly.

Maybe if the incompetent WC stopped telling me how old I am, how long I've been on JSA and why haven't I got a job yet she would get this cc finished.🤦

Think I would check if this WC/imbecile has a pulse at my next appointment.

Does this mean that at the minute you don't have a CC? Surely that is not supposed to happen.

If they're dragging you in for spurious weekly appointments, I hope they are reimbursing your travel costs.

Ignatius

oneman, The Catwoman and Tom tiny like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom tiny Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:23 am

That boot camp looks better now time to ask my work roach next time to avoid the restart heard someone say restart probably be changing over to weekly appointments by the DWP this could be all hear say at the moment nothing been confirmed yet this will including workshops,Job search, support session, help with interviews fuck that facing my tosser advisor weekly cannot stand the prick no thanks.

Tom tiny

oneman, The Catwoman and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Charles1985 Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:36 pm

The Catwoman wrote:Seriously, someone please tell me how can it take 10 weeks to do a claiment commitment and it's still not finished. This is just an excuse to have me attend weekly.

Your getting picked up by your work roach also how long you been signing on for?
I did have a roach years ago said to me once you wasted 8 years signing on told her listen not upto me it's the employers if they want to hire me also lack of experience and social skills this is how I'm born this is the truth I only speak the whole truth that question never asked again ever. 😛

Not had a work review ever since that day that was in 2018.

Charles1985

oneman and The Catwoman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Catwoman Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:11 pm

Every time I have an appointment not on my signing week, the WC is not in she is deliberately booking me appointments for when she is not in.
Also last week the WC was saying she wants my CV to complete the claiment commitment, since when do they need a CV to do a cc and conveniently my next appointment is a telephone call and I was told this WC is gonna give me an email address for me to send my CV to her. Why are they so desperate to have an electronic copy of my CV.
Can I refuse to email them a copy.

They are playing these games because they worked out last month that I'm not on restart and apparently I am pathetic and an awful person.
The cc is still not finished apparently they will do it over the phone . Since when do they do a cc over the phone 11 weeks they have been dragging this.
This smells like a set up.

The Catwoman

oneman, Ignatius and Coconutxone like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Coconutxone Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:30 pm

The Catwoman wrote:Every time I have an appointment not on my signing week, the WC is not in she is deliberately booking me appointments for when she is not in.
Also last week the WC was saying she wants my CV to complete the claiment commitment, since when do they need a CV to do a cc and conveniently my next appointment is a telephone call and I was told this WC is gonna give me an email address for me to send my CV to her. Why are they so desperate to have an electronic copy of my CV.
Can I refuse to email them a copy.

They are playing these games because they worked out last month that I'm not on restart and apparently I am pathetic and an awful person.
The cc is still not finished apparently they will do it over the phone . Since when do they do a cc over the phone 11 weeks they have been dragging this.
This smells like a set up.

You definitely do not need a CV also what a benefit you on UC or JSA never been asked for my CV before even the restart doesn't have my CV just print out your CV on paper with watermarks colours on the front and show your roach next meeting don't give them the copy.

Also did you finish the restart programme or you stopped going completely.
I never had a CC since god knows used to have one every six months review at the beginning even obtained my own part time job roach told me she fully booked to do any circumstance form change told me cannot be assed with the paper work what the actual fuck seems like my roach has given up on the job.

God your work roach is awful some are power tripping some are just lazy as fuck.

Coconutxone

oneman, Ignatius and Tom tiny like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:37 pm

Er, so why don't they just re-refer you to Restart (sorry) rather than mess around with you?

Do you think this is part of a sanction trap or a move to UC?

It probably is reasonable for a CC to require a person to have a CV. They are not supposed to retain a copy. I would provide a paper copy of my CV for them to read. There are probably CV threads on here that may be of assistance.

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by The Catwoman Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:04 pm

I'm still on JSA, I have no idea why they don't send me to restart, but their acting like they can't.they probably know I'm not gonna sign anything at restart.
I also don't know why they have swapped everyones WC at my JC. I would have to get the busy body one.

The Catwoman

oneman, Ignatius, Coconutxone and Tom tiny like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:52 pm

I used to get a different WC every 6 months or so. Post COVID there are 3 or 4 WCs who take turns at signing the unwashed JSA stragglers.

Your Claimant Commitment is beginning to sound like War and Peace. Just how difficult can it be for a WC to write one?? Look on job websites, contact employers, keep CV up to date, look for vacancies in local newspaper, ask family & friends about jobs. Tell your incompetent WC that a random weirdo on the internet has got your CC all sorted and they can stop bothering you.

Ignatius

oneman, The Catwoman and Coconutxone like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Coconutxone Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:27 pm

The Catwoman wrote:I'm still on JSA, I have no idea why they don't send me to restart, but their acting like they can't.they probably know I'm not gonna sign anything at restart.
I also don't know why they have swapped everyones WC at my JC. I would have to get the busy body one.

Same still on JSA please avoid the retard programme if you can.

Also can you not change your work roach file a complaint with DWP you can make any bullshit reason like saying we don't get along or having nothing in common just make it politely worded you don't want the next work roach seeking revenge for their colleague that you made a complaint about.
That what is happening to me a the restart these fuckers will gang up on your ass.

Coconutxone

Back to top Go down

Post by The Catwoman Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:53 am

Phone appointment was just routine, WC is working from home because JC have taken down all the glass screens.
very strange WC, straight out of the league of gentleman, before she sits at her desk she takes a bottle of bleach out of her bag and pours it all over the desk, computer ect. I was shocked when I saw it doing it.

Also these WC, just love to find stuff to moan about, after I updated the CV, she has now moved on to moaning about me not having a passport 🤷. I just stopped listening at that point.
Wanting me to get a budget loan..I'm not applying for that, why should I.
I think she has an awful cheek, shouldn't she have offered the flexible support fund.  Why should I have to run around for a passport,

not having a passport is no problem for me.

Also the cc still hasn't been done, this is the most useless WC I've ever had and I've had some of the worst bulldog WC ever.

The Catwoman

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:10 pm

Never mind the bleach, put us out of our misery, is your epic CC finally completed??

A WC used the flexible support fund for a provisional driving license for me so I had photo ID. As I had no need for one I just returned the money. Of course, had I a crystal ball and foreseen the 3 bits of ID to sign on, I would have got the bloody thing. I didn't think budgeting loans were for passports. Is the WC hoping that if you get a passport they can get you deported or something??

Ignatius

The Catwoman and Mousecat like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mousecat Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:03 pm

Ignatius wrote:Never mind the bleach, put us out of our misery, is your epic CC finally completed??

A WC used the flexible support fund for a provisional driving license for me so I had photo ID. As I had no need for one I just returned the money. Of course, had I a crystal ball and foreseen the 3 bits of ID to sign on, I would have got the bloody thing. I didn't think budgeting loans were for passports. Is the WC hoping that if you get a passport they can get you deported or something??

First time ever being asked for ID for sign up last week at the job centre said to roach are you being serious i know you for 5 years what a bent rule only had my debit card you either take it or leave it debit card has my name that enough proof.

Mousecat

The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next