BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temporary jobcentres

+2
Absolut
Pintel
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Temporary jobcentres Empty Temporary jobcentres

Post by Pintel Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:52 pm

I found this and wondered has anyone had any experience of these 'pop up' job centre's 🚽.... cyclops

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/temporary-jobcentres-during-the-coronavirus-covid-19-pandemic

(Dated: 22 July 2022)

"These new temporary jobcentres will increase capacity to provide tailored face to face support"   Temporary jobcentres 1310887813

So a few questions if I may.

🍎 Are they the standard Open Plan office suites,?

🍋 With the economic forcast⛈, will the become a permanent fixture. As a few years back, the DWP🚽 had a massive cull of smaller JCP 🚽 offices?

🍒 And last but not least, how much is this project of 'temporary JCPs 🚽' going to cost the DWP🚽? As I was under the impression that the closure of JCP 🚽 offices/buildings 🏢 was to save money????
Pintel
Pintel

Caker, oneman, jobberpw and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Temporary jobcentres Empty Re: Temporary jobcentres

Post by Absolut Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:25 am

They opened a 'temporary' site in our town last year and a few weeks ago we went in there for an appointment with the Careers Service who can use one of their corner offices to see claimants. There was no-one inside other than one member of staff and about 3 security guards who were tossing it off. It's open plan and it has a massive amount of square footage (used to be a large department store). There were rows and rows of booths with numbers on them, but no-one sat at any of them and no staff dealing with anyone. The massive room must cost a fortune to heat.

Sometimes we sit opposite the site, before going to the main site across the road for our appointment, and watch for activity. We can only do this every fortnight. I've seen staff going in and out sometimes, but it's sporadic. I've seen one or two people coming out who are clearly claimants. It's not busy. Neither is the main site. Our observations are limited to mornings. It may be busier in the afternoon, which we don't see, but I do ask myself "Where are all the people?".
Absolut
Absolut

Caker, oneman, jobberpw, Pintel, The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:09 am

An empty shop in my town was also converted into a temporary JCP just over a year ago. Until they belatedly put up a JCP sign up, the frosted windows gave it the look of an 'adult' shop. It is strictly appointment only. The few times I've been in that part of the town centre there is usually a few people waiting to go inside.

I still sign at the old JCP and compared to pre-pandemic it is eerily quiet. Little more than a third of the desk space is in use, you now get all of the loafer sofa to yourself and there are never queues outside or at the reception.

In fairness to the DWP, I recall reading they needed extra space for all those new WCs they recruited and unemployment didn't reach the levels expected after COVID. Had it done then these temporary JCPs would probably have made more sense. Of course, it would have made even more sense not to cut staff and offices in the first place.

Ignatius

oneman, Absolut, jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:28 am

Absolut " but I do ask myself "Where are all the people?"."

That made me laugh Absolut, as you know what they would love to say " are all in work Evil or Very Mad " I have no doubt though, that they have managed to hammer most people's moral into the ground and forced them into many of the sheep warehouse low paid circuit plus provider ''opportunities. Rolling Eyes  Twisted Evil ''

My local Roach Shop also does a mass hire at this time of year aka career advice. Sheep farmed out to provider for specific training gateway to a job. A provider roach once told me, they have secret jobs available that are not advertised ANYWHERE...I kid you not. I said, if their a secret, then its best those 'opportunities' remain that way then Twisted Evil

Ignatius "I still sign at the old JCP and compared to pre-pandemic it is eerily quiet. Little more than a third of the desk space is in use, you now get all of the loafer sofa to yourself and there are never queues outside or at the reception."

Not sure if your long term unemployed Ignatius but this is a trick they like to play, very staggered appointments so when someone comes in and sees roach shop all empty, they are supposed to feel guilty. Roaches mission accomplished.
Of course, now they have so many working in rice grain paid jobs, what you mention maybe a new reality.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Caker, oneman, Absolut, Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:39 pm

Old skool JSA long term unemployed, Jobberpw.

I think your last sentence probably sums up the new reality. People have been strongarmed into any old job. Jobcentres also open on Saturdays now, or at least mine does, so that will account for some of the reduced footfall. I remember my last signing before COVID lockdown and the place was standing room only, like it was all the time. Now there are more security staff and wiper people (seats still cleansed after a grubby unemployed person has sat on them at my jobcentre) than claimants when I go to sign on. There aren't even people hanging about trying to scrounge a fag outside anymore.

Ignatius

oneman, Absolut, jobberpw, scratch, Pintel and The Catwoman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Catwoman Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:20 pm

Same with my JC, completely empty I think they are still doing phone appointments, but everytime I go JC all the wc seem to have enough time to talk about their holidays.

It's clear as day that they could care less about any claiment.

The Catwoman

oneman, Absolut, jobberpw, Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:22 pm

The same has happened in my area but I have not been asked to attend there for some reason? Laughing

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/19788345.temporary-job-centre-opens-lingfield-point-darlington/
oneman
oneman

Absolut, jobberpw, Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:04 pm

I really don't like these empty Jobcentres. It makes me feel in some way exposed and outnumbered.

And do others on here still get the seat n sofa wiped after they've sat on them? I would describe myself as on top of my personal hygiene and I wear clean clothes to my appointments so I feel a bit insulted when the Wiper appears as soon as I stand up. Maybe thats's where all the claimants have gone - JCP has employed them as Seat n Sofa Wipers.

Ignatius

Caker, oneman, Absolut, jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:10 pm

Ignatius wrote:I really don't like these empty Jobcentres. It makes me feel in some way exposed and outnumbered.

And do others on here still get the seat n sofa wiped after they've sat on them? I would describe myself as on top of my personal hygiene and I wear clean clothes to my appointments so I feel a bit insulted when the Wiper appears as soon as I stand up. Maybe thats's where all the claimants have gone - JCP has employed them as Seat n Sofa Wipers.

I don't think so Ignatius, it's probably because they are mandating every contagious disease carrying person (under threat of sanction) to sit there before you.Rolling Eyes
oneman
oneman

jobberpw and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Catwoman Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:22 pm

What's funny is I've seen seat wipers sit down and when they get up they don't wipe the chair they were sitting in..

The Catwoman

Caker, oneman, Absolut, jobberpw and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:25 pm

The Catwoman wrote:What's funny is I've seen seat wipers sit down and when they get up they don't wipe the chair they were sitting in..

That's because there is no contagious animal to human transfer expected to happen.
oneman
oneman

The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:11 pm

To the best of my knowledge, I have yet to contract COVID. Perhaps the Wipers and their Magic Spray has boosted my immunity. Which reminds me I need to get on and book my booster before my luck runs out.

Are the Wipers employed or on a JCP work experience thing? It doesn't look like too onerous a gig to be honest. In between wiping, they just appear to sit & swivel on a chair and play with their phones. I'm almost tempted to apply.

Ignatius

oneman, jobberpw, Pintel and The Catwoman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:18 pm

I have a (genuine) certificate form 5 years experience on the work programme. That verifies that I'm qualified in how to wipe my arse correctly.

I don't understand why they can't give me a job. Perhaps it's my degree that puts them off?
oneman
oneman

Caker, Absolut, jobberpw, Pintel, The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:39 pm

Thanks for the replies. I thought it was just my JCP🚽, with herding claimants through the 'sheep dip' trough. I was starting to get a complex, that I was letting my personal hygiene slip👃...

You'd think the 'Wiper-Snipers'(cleaners) would need to ' fumigate' any chair's that the Roaches clown had been sitting on?🤔 Or is this more 'PSY Ops' : Gaslighting ' for the claimants benefit?😵 What's next getting hoes down when you enter the building....

Furthermore, as #Ignatius mentioned my local JCP 🚽 used to be a thriving hub of the 'black market' economy 💵. Seem it's not only the high street that has suffered post Covid 😷.

Pintel
Pintel

Absolut, jobberpw and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:10 pm

Another point, I wonder if the JCP 🚽 are categorising Claimants like convict's? So the Hardcore claimants, remain at the main JCPs 🚽, and the lower category claimants are sent to these 'Open Prison's' sorry 'Temporary JCPs'🤔..,

Hence the reason that the Job Centres seem emptier, when many predicting a economic 'Resession'🤔🤔🤔...
Pintel
Pintel

Absolut, jobberpw and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:24 pm

My council probably used to make a fortune from all the drivers parked on the double yellow lines outside my local JCP. Now there's just the odd car there.

Some of the WC clearly like having wiping 'staff', issuing orders on what needs to be wiped and inspecting the quality of the wiping.

Ignatius

Absolut, jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:33 pm

A WC did tell me that the pop up JCP was for certain groups but I can't remember who. It also has air conditioning & has a prime location in a busy shopping street. I have visions of WC peering out of the door spying on the claimants going past with their big Primark and Sports Direct bags and frothing at them wasting their dole.

These empty JCPs could also be pych opps against the staff. If there's no one to sign on there's no need for so many WC...

Ignatius

Absolut, jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:11 pm

Maybe #Ig, they are going to use theses buildings as "Warm Spaces"🔥 to keep warm this winter, huddled together like a pack of Antarctic pegiuns 🐧.... Didn't have this in my day, it was standing around the old oil drum, fill with old wood...       https://www.itv.com/news/2022-09-27/how-to-find-a-warm-space-near-you-amid-rising-energy-bills
Pintel
Pintel

oneman, jobberpw and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:21 pm

Please don't come to this area for "warm spaces"

Unless you enjoyed the limited time on Robert Catesby night when the fire was lit and gave you hope, but the warmth only lasted for a few hours?

Then again a few hours of warmth on the main day of a festive celebration of a lord, might just do the job?

Depends on the building that is provide the heat on a special days in December. might be worth it?

Advent Begins
1st Dec 2022

Elf Day
2nd Dec 2022

International Day of People with Disabilities
3rd Dec 2022

International Cheetah Day
4th Dec 2022

St. Nicholas Day
5th Dec to 6th Dec 2022

Christmas Jumper Day
8th Dec 2022

Human Rights Day
10th Dec 2022

Saint Lucia Day
13th Dec 2022

Jane Austen Day
16th Dec 2022

Wear A Christmas Hat Day
16th Dec 2022

Hanukkah
18th Dec to 26th Dec 2022

National Robin Day
21st Dec 2022

Winter Begins
21st Dec 2022

Christmas Eve
24th Dec 2022

Fire up Jobcentre plus day. Watch the warmth.
25th Dec 2022

Boxing Day
26th Dec 2022  The day after Christmas, where traditionally servants were given a 'Christmas box', usually a gift of burnt ashes and money for good service throughout the year, for doing what was asked of them, with a flint and steel or match, without question.
(it's true. Just research it. Forgive the fire starter! Surprised Forgive the fire starter  Shocked They do good and necessary work! )

Kwanzaa
26th Dec to 1st Jan 2022

New Year's Eve
31st Dec 2022
oneman
oneman

Absolut, jobberpw, Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:35 pm

And I thought it was going to be a 'Coffee & Cake' with the work Coach clown .... 🤢
Pintel
Pintel

oneman, Absolut, jobberpw and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:52 am

Don't forget JCP does not do Christmas. Once when I asked a security guard why they didn't have any decorations, I was told they are not allowed for health & safety reasons. Like anyone has ever wanted to lob a bauble at a WC.

Ignatius

oneman, jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:20 pm

Ignatius wrote:Old skool JSA long term unemployed, Jobberpw.

I think your last sentence probably sums up the new reality. People have been strongarmed into any old job. Jobcentres also open on Saturdays now, or at least mine does, so that will account for some of the reduced footfall. I remember my last signing before COVID lockdown and the place was standing room only, like it was all the time. Now there are more security staff and wiper people (seats still cleansed after a grubby unemployed person has sat on them at my jobcentre) than claimants when I go to sign on. There aren't even people hanging about trying to scrounge a fag outside anymore.

Mine too did the open Saturday's Ignatius.  "we're working very hard to find you work Laughing  Evil or Very Mad " I think this was mainly due to when Covid was at its worse. Real good idea that.Like who the hell, would want to visit these roach infested joke shops at a time like that. Rolling Eyes Very specific  and tailored my arse Evil or Very Mad .

A friend of mine lives slap bang across from a well known agency/careers advice place; and every morning has a que of 100s queuing for work around 1030am.No doubt, previously did a 9.am appointment at joke shop. "If you really want to work go here"
Temporary jobcentres 1310887813

Oh yes, how could i forget, the other great grooowEth industry = security guards.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:35 pm

WC told me UC people who work midweek like Saturday appointments.

I think people would like it more if jobs paid enough to take people out of the benefits system.

Ignatius

Caker, Absolut, jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:36 pm

More DWP madness. WC told me today that the local temporary Jobcentre can't be closed until the end of the lease. If they were in a position to close it now the regular Jobcentre would be far less empty.

Ignatius

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:47 pm

On a side note 🎵 here...
Does anyone one know how much these 'Temporary Job centres' cost 💰.... Money well spent by the DWP🚽, I'd say....confusedconfusedconfused

Pintel
Pintel

oneman, jobberpw and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next