BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The first stage of UK Universal Basic Income perhaps?

2 posters

Go down

The first stage of UK Universal Basic Income perhaps? Empty The first stage of UK Universal Basic Income perhaps?

Post by Archangel Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:40 pm

Archangel

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

The first stage of UK Universal Basic Income perhaps? Empty Re: The first stage of UK Universal Basic Income perhaps?

Post by Brutus Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:03 am

The "Commission on Social Security" seems a sort of Think-tank with few academics and social activist. Mainly acting in preparing " briefings containing possible – but not exclusive – options".
As a matter of fact I remember I posted in the defunct UM Forum about a white paper from one of the Labour Party societies (I do not remember the details, perhaps the Fabians) where the academics behind the publication, argued that the (at the time) proposed Welfare Reformed Act that spawned Universal Credit, could be used to provide a sort of Universal Basic Income in terms not too dissimilar to the present briefing.
Universal basic Income is something that  will come to pass as inevitable as the progress of automation.
However, the road will be long and fought all the way.
As a rule of thumb, my forecast is that the more a State is high on nationalism, the longer it would be for reforms leading to some form of UBI to be implemented.
So not much hope for the moment but any addition to the armoury of the popularisation of the UBI concept is most welcome.
Brutus
Brutus

Back to top Go down