BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone heard of Fuller Working Lives sessions held at jobcentres?

2 posters

Go down

Anyone heard of Fuller Working Lives sessions held at jobcentres? Empty Anyone heard of Fuller Working Lives sessions held at jobcentres?

Post by Archangel Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:03 pm

Anyone heard of Fuller Working Lives sessions held at jobcentres?

My roach has booked me onto one, she never said if it was voluntary or not. I've been on JSA over 2 years now and have a feeling it could lead to some sort of mandatory welfare to work scheme.

There is nothing about the sessions I can find online, though the phrase "Fuller Working Lives" can be found in relation to the DWP's 2016 goal of getting the over 50s back in work.

Archangel

Back to top Go down

Anyone heard of Fuller Working Lives sessions held at jobcentres? Empty Re: Anyone heard of Fuller Working Lives sessions held at jobcentres?

Post by Caker Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:17 pm

Don't quote me on this but I believe that you cannot be mandated to group activities, only tailored support that meets a specific need.

Have you asked your roach for:-
* full details of the session
* what is the purpose of the session
* whether or not it is mandatory
* under what regulations you are obliged to attend
* What specifically identified need / barrier is it intended to address.

You could also ask for any printed information / links to online information specific to the course and its provider.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Anyone heard of Fuller Working Lives sessions held at jobcentres? Empty Re: Anyone heard of Fuller Working Lives sessions held at jobcentres?

Post by Archangel Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:42 pm

Thanks.

I didn't ask her any of those questions, I'm afraid, as at the time I thought the Fuller Working Lives sessions were voluntary, at least attending the first one without signing anything would be. It was only later when I looked online and saw one mention of them in relation to The Work and Health programme that I got suspicious. I can't find the link again. It wasn't a direct connection, but the context was something like "these tools are all available to get people back in work". It was the mentioning of them in the same breath that got me worried. I may be wrong and the Fuller Working Lives sessions are not mandatory.

I'll go along anyway and ask them if it is mandatory.

Archangel

Absolut likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down