BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you request a mandatory reconsideration on the UC online account?

+2
parker123
Absolut
6 posters

Go down

How do you request a mandatory reconsideration on the UC online account? Empty How do you request a mandatory reconsideration on the UC online account?

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:40 am

https://www.gov.uk/mandatory-reconsideration/how-to-ask-for-mandatory-reconsideration

If you get Universal Credit you can use your journal to ask for mandatory reconsideration.

But I cannot see an entry for MR. How does it work?

Back to top Go down

How do you request a mandatory reconsideration on the UC online account? Empty Re: How do you request a mandatory reconsideration on the UC online account?

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:32 am

Anyone?

Back to top Go down

How do you request a mandatory reconsideration on the UC online account? Empty Re: How do you request a mandatory reconsideration on the UC online account?

Post by Absolut Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:57 am

Hopefully someone who is on UC will be along shortly to answer. I'm not on UC so I can't help. Sorry.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by parker123 Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:19 pm

Miguel1975 wrote:https://www.gov.uk/mandatory-reconsideration/how-to-ask-for-mandatory-reconsideration

If you get Universal Credit you can use your journal to ask for mandatory reconsideration.

But I cannot see an entry for MR. How does it work?

I've never had to ask for a MR before but I've been on UC a while and you're right  - there is no relevant option when choosing a category for the journal entry. I don't think it exists.

What I would do is write out  the MR and send it as "a message for my workcoach". This actively gives your workcoach a notification and it requires a response from them, or at least they will see it. Most entries arent seen if someone doesnt actively seek out your profile e,g work search notes.

You could then follow up with a separate entry (another message to your workcoach) and say you've submitted your MR, is this the correct procedure and will it be dealt with? If not, how do I go about this via the journal?

You'll then at least get some kind of receipt/acknowledgement that it's been processed.

parker123

Back to top Go down

Post by D.Appleby Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:16 pm

How to ask for a mandatory reconsideration

Check what it says in the letter, email or message telling you about the decision. It should tell you how you can challenge the decision.

If the decision notice does not include a statement of reasons for the decision, you have a right to ask for one. You must ask for a statement within one calendar month of the date the decision was sent to you.
For DWP benefits

To ask for a mandatory reconsideration you can:

write a message in your Universal Credit online account, if you have one
   use the CRMR1 mandatory reconsideration request form on GOV.UK - you'll need to download it and fill it in, then print it off and send it by post
   write a letter
   call the DWP

It's usually better to use your Universal Credit account, fill in the form or write a letter. This means you can keep a record of why you disagree with the decision and prove you asked for it to be looked at again.

If you're getting close to the deadline, it's best to call first and then confirm what you talked about in writing.

The contact details should be on your decision letter.

How long a mandatory reconsideration takes

There is no limit on the amount of time it will take the DWP or HMRC to reconsider the decision.

The government has said that, in a straightforward case where no additional information is needed, it should take around 14 days. But it could take longer than this.

If you think that the delay is unreasonable in your case, you could try making a complaint.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/benefits-introduction/problems-with-benefits-and-tax-credits/challenging-a-benefit-decision/challenging-a-dwp-benefit-decision-on-or-after-28-october-2013/challenging-a-benefit-or-tax-credit-decision-asking-for-a-reconsideration/

D.Appleby

Back to top Go down

Post by D.Appleby Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:49 am

If you choose your journal to request a Mandatory Reconsideration

The best way to request mandatory reconsideration of a decision is to write a message in your journal saying that you want a mandatory reconsideration of the decision and explaining why you think the decision is wrong. It can take a long time for messages in the journal to be read, so you should also phone the Universal Credit helpline to tell them that you are asking for a mandatory reconsideration.

https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guides/Universal-Credit/How-do-I-challenge-a-Universal-Credit-decision

I think I might use snail mail too.

D.Appleby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:01 pm

D.Appleby wrote:If you choose your journal to request a Mandatory Reconsideration

The best way to request mandatory reconsideration of a decision is to write a message in your journal saying that you want a mandatory reconsideration of the decision and explaining why you think the decision is wrong..
The problem is there are different entries and I have been informally told that not all entries are visible by the decision makers and/or case manager.

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:49 pm

Phone UC helpline tell them to make a note on your file. Record that call. Don't tell them.

Then post a copy of exactly what you tell UC adviser on phone and name them in your comments logged on your journal.

Hope that helps. Just make sure everything is airtight 😉😈

Not sure what their on about, multiple entries Not being legible etc . Are they referring to uploaded hand written docs?

Ask them through the uc journal to be clear as to what they mean. If its the quality of medical evidence you have recently sent in ,then, were those docs all readable before being sent?

Apologies if am missing something here?
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:23 pm

D.Appleby wrote:How to ask for a mandatory reconsideration

Check what it says in the letter, email or message telling you about the decision. It should tell you how you can challenge the decision.

If the decision notice does not include a statement of reasons for the decision, you have a right to ask for one. You must ask for a statement within one calendar month of the date the decision was sent to you.
For DWP benefits

To ask for a mandatory reconsideration you can:

write a message in your Universal Credit online account, if you have one
   use the CRMR1 mandatory reconsideration request form on GOV.UK - you'll need to download it and fill it in, then print it off and send it by post
   write a letter
   call the DWP

It's usually better to use your Universal Credit account, fill in the form or write a letter. This means you can keep a record of why you disagree with the decision and prove you asked for it to be looked at again.

If you're getting close to the deadline, it's best to call first and then confirm what you talked about in writing.

The contact details should be on your decision letter.

How long a mandatory reconsideration takes

There is no limit on the amount of time it will take the DWP or HMRC to reconsider the decision.

The government has said that, in a straightforward case where no additional information is needed, it should take around 14 days. But it could take longer than this.

If you think that the delay is unreasonable in your case, you could try making a complaint.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/benefits-introduction/problems-with-benefits-and-tax-credits/challenging-a-benefit-decision/challenging-a-dwp-benefit-decision-on-or-after-28-october-2013/challenging-a-benefit-or-tax-credit-decision-asking-for-a-reconsideration/

This is fantastic advice D.Appleby.
If you can make an urgent appointment with the manager at JCP and they must ( they must give you this! ) then you can use their photo copier and ask the manager to send it off at the same time. All while wasting as much money from them as possible.
Watch the managers face as you ask her/him to take photo copies and send them off as a MR instead of a sit down conversation.

Priceless!!!

I have done this twice now. Wish I knew it on the previous 5 sanctions.
Did win them all though!!!😁
oneman
oneman

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:22 pm

Hi Oneman,

Sorry for my late reply but been unwell.

Are you all sorted for your MR situation?

Jobber
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:57 pm

I'm not the OP Jobber.
oneman
oneman

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:09 pm

Apologies one-man. Sometimes the posts are not too clear as to whose posting what 😁

Jobber
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:46 am

D. Appleby wrote:" write a message in your Universal Credit online account, if you have one,  use the CRMR1 mandatory reconsideration request form on GOV.UK - you'll need to download it and fill it in, then print it off and send it by post
  write a letter
  call the DWP"

Wonder why DWP wont allow a pdf to be attached/sent through UC journal.I guess that's too complicated for them to implement.Would guarantee that the claimants MR actually got there and proof of rather than postal route.Where many just happen to go missing to their very convenient freepost address Rolling Eyes  Twisted Evil .
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Thu May 20, 2021 2:31 pm

Found this FOI about cost of Mandatory Reconsideration's for the DWP🚽.
Unit Cost:
🔶£87 for PIP mandatory reconsideration's (MR).

🔶£451 for PIP appeals.

🔶£124 for ESA- MR's.

🔶£290 for ESA- Appeals.

Nothing about Universal Credit, appeals/MR's?🤔.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/753711/response/1792830/attach/html/3/FOI2021%2036957.pdf.html

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/costs_of_mandatory_reconsiderati#incoming-1792830

Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Mon May 31, 2021 9:16 am

Hi Pintel,

I sent an MR straight through my UC account/journal.

No need to be posted to get the ball rolling.

Any additional medical evidence for example, best sent through post although forced to do so; as their IT systems are a joke apparently not being capable of attaching multiple word/pdf docs. All too easy for claimants to file evidence you see.

So, i sent MR by UC  journal Twisted Evil .Then sent exact copy of the MR and all additional evidence by post to them Twisted Evil .Be very careful with this, as they have a nasty habit of saying ''Oh we dont seem to have your MR'' all to delay the MR process up Evil or Very Mad .Its happened many times.Sending the MR by UC journal stops those games Very Happy .

Unfortunately they insist upon all using a FREEPOST address and its well reported on so many Mandatory Reconsiderations conveniently I'd say;going missing because of this. When i diod mine some months ago they would not accept recorded delivery to the designated freepost address buy I would phone them and ask if that's still the user friendly address they are still insisting upon people using How do you request a mandatory reconsideration on the UC online account? 3228069604 .
jobberpw
jobberpw

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down