BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stupid reasons for not getting a particular job

+2
Absolut
Caker
6 posters

Go down

Stupid reasons for not getting a particular job Empty Stupid reasons for not getting a particular job

Post by Caker Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:26 pm

So I had an interview for a really great job that I genuinely want. I received the feedback that my interview answers were very good, but, I did not demonstrate practical working knowledge about the organisation it is with.

In fact, the gaps in my knowledge were nothing to do with the core competencies for the role but merely things that would have been covered by a first day induction for the successful candidate i.e. the preferred cross site communication methodology and how the role differs organisationally from what I have done in a previous role (using the same core skills).

I am inclined to think they had their preferred candidate already lined up and were just going through the motions of interviewing others to fulfil some sort of equal opportunities quota.

Sad
Caker
Caker

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Stupid reasons for not getting a particular job Empty Re: Stupid reasons for not getting a particular job

Post by Absolut Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:03 pm

Sounds like it. How can someone have practical working knowledge about an organisation unless they have actually worked there? Catch 22. Mad
Absolut
Absolut

Caker, jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Stupid reasons for not getting a particular job Empty Re: Stupid reasons for not getting a particular job

Post by Caker Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:40 pm

Absolut wrote:Sounds like it. How can someone have practical working knowledge about an organisation unless they have actually worked there? Catch 22. Mad

That is quite right and they knew from my application that I had only worked elsewhere. It was very lame.

And another thing; there were 2 zoom interviewers + a clerical worker. They accidentally muted me before the interview got started. I could see and hear them saying "Caker, can you hear me, please speak if you can hear me, please unmute your microphone Caker" rinse repeat.  geek

There was nothing I could do because I had been muted by their end and my microphone could not over-ride that.  I ended up sending them an email to say that I could see and hear them and was speaking loudly. They had to abandon zoom and set up a phone conference call instead.

I called them on the conference call number and typed in the PIN code they gave me; it was answered by the clerical person. The first interviewer joined but we all had to wait ages for the second interviewer to join in. When we were all joined in I was asked questions by each interviewer in turn.

The second interviewer had an attitude problem and when s/he asked me a question s/he kept going "Hhm!, hhm!, hhm!, hhm!" while I was answering it. It made me feel like s/he was bored hearing me answer the question and trying to hurry me to finish. It rather threw me off balance and made me feel belittled.

Stupid reasons for not getting a particular job 507219341

Stupid reasons for not getting a particular job 1392310362
Caker
Caker

jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:37 am

God it sounds awful. When they said you didn't have practical working knowledge of the organisation I would have been tempted to retort with "well at least I know how a mute button works" Very Happy
Absolut
Absolut

Caker and jobberpw like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethea John Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:17 pm

Sometimes, people don't get a job for silly reasons. One of these reasons is not having a good resume. A resume is like a paper that tells the employer about your skills and experience. If it's not done well, the employer might not see how good you are for the job. That's why it's smart to get help from experts who know how to make a great resume. You can find these experts by searching for resume writing services near me. They can make your resume look better and help you have a better chance of getting the job you want. So, don't let a simple thing like a bad resume stop you from getting a job. Get some help and make your resume shine!

Alethea John

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:18 pm

There are also thousands of free CV templates online. There's no need to pay for a decent CV these days, as long as someone can use a word processor.

The down side is; that no matter how well your CV may look, if you lack experience, it won't make a lot of difference unless the employer is playing the game of ''how little can we pay you?'' .Which has been an on-going theme for the past 10 years, hence the crap most are in now.

The WP clowns are suckers for the idea that your CV has to look like this, and then interview time came and the employer took the piss out of the way the CV was formatted. But I was happy to supply mine just as they ''ordered''.

Get some help and make your resume shine! Now, haven't I heard that exact line somewhere before? Let me think Twisted Evil
jobberpw
jobberpw

Pintel, The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:27 pm

Here, here #Jobber 👋👋👋👋👋

That even if a CV is even looked at by a person? No doubt it is filtered via an AI computer program first... I asked on my last, 'soft skills' course 🎪 tutor, if the tutor knew what these software programs, scanned for. So to get a fighting chance, of getting selected, than being filtered out. Still waiting for their answer...confused

Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Intincroi Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:41 pm

I've always been told to try to match the job description.  So if they say they're looking for somebody with good listening skills, put something along the lines of "I am a very good listener" - obviously tarting it up as you see fit.

Intincroi

Caker, Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:24 pm

Alethea John wrote:Sometimes, people don't get a job for silly reasons. One of these reasons is not having a good resume. A resume is like a paper that tells the employer about your skills and experience. If it's not done well, the employer might not see how good you are for the job. That's why it's smart to get help from experts who know how to make a great resume. You can find these experts by searching for resume writing services near me. They can make your resume look better and help you have a better chance of getting the job you want. So, don't let a simple thing like a bad resume stop you from getting a job. Get some help and make your resume shine!

My CV got me the interview What a Face
Caker
Caker

jobberpw, Pintel, Ignatius and Coconutxone like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:17 am

Intincroi wrote:I've always been told to try to match the job description.  So if they say they're looking for somebody with good listening skills, put something along the lines of "I am a very good listener," obviously tarting it up as you see fit.

Yes, me too.Due to my partial deafness, I am appreciative of all the high wage and growth "opportunities" in the telephone operator industry Laughing working from home.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Caker likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down