BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Job Centre Work Search Appointments resume next week

+6
Archangel
jobberpw
Gallazz
Jara
Absolut
Pintel
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Job Centre Work Search Appointments resume next week Empty Job Centre Work Search Appointments resume next week

Post by Jara Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:11 pm

So apparently claimants are getting appointments for next week and onwards. These are phone appointments though, so make sure you are recording them.

Just some heads up to you guys. Might be worth checking your Universal Credit account to see if they booked you anything.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/DWPhelp/comments/gy959i/job_centre_work_search_appointments_resume_next/

Last edited by Jara on Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jara

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Job Centre Work Search Appointments resume next week Empty Re: Job Centre Work Search Appointments resume next week

Post by Pintel Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:02 pm

Thanks for the posting @Jara. 😉
I didn't believe the JCP 🚽 where going to start running again until the 30th June? Seems they are starting with phone interviews/journal messages for some claimants, from the link. Any idea how much notice we might get when the JCP offices⚰ eventually open? I'll just have to enjoy the peace while it lasts 🏖️.
Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Job Centre Work Search Appointments resume next week Empty Re: Job Centre Work Search Appointments resume next week

Post by Absolut Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:32 am

No-one can be sanctioned for not doing job search/applying for jobs up to 30 June as laid out in the legislation. That's not to say they won't try it on though. Personally I've continued to look for work throughout the lock-down and I've kept a record of it.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/371/made
Absolut
Absolut

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallazz Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:31 pm

Some people think the suspension ends today. Not sure myself, it's just a heads-up.

Gallazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:03 am

I have not heard anything. With places opening up and the alert level going down I assume they will start up with appointments soon. And sanctions too.

Jara

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallazz Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:25 am

Jara wrote:With places opening up and the alert level going down I assume they will start up with appointments soon. And sanctions too.

Yep. People on the MoneySavingExpert forum have been saying it was the 19th but they haven't quoted sources (should've said that was where I'd heard it; on a side note, the Benefits and Tax Credits sub-forum there is pretty good, although I was late discovering it).

Gallazz

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:19 am

What wonderful news...NOT!!

"The work and pensions secretary, Thérèse Coffey, has indicated benefit sanctions will be reintroduced this week as jobcentres in England start to reopen after lockdown, saying it is important claimant rules are reinstated."

They just love bashing us with all their rules dont they. Job Centre Work Search Appointments resume next week 1310887813

Let's hope, JC minus have ALL their buildings fully compliant with health and safety regs etc, along with all things Covid-19.If not, people in my view will justifiably refuse to visit their offices until such a time they are made completely safe.There's a rule for them and WP WHP muppets too. Very Happy

Would be interesting to hear back from anyone who's recently had the displeasure of visiting job centres. Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:29 am

Absolut wrote:No-one can be sanctioned for not doing job search/applying for jobs up to 30 June as laid out in the legislation. That's not to say they won't try it on though. Personally I've continued to look for work throughout the lock-down and I've kept a record of it.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/371/made

Nice one Absolut and good idea to stay on top of this sick game as they have to fill their days to play games with us rather than do anything remotely productive to HELP find people any suitable work for them.If they could actually deliver upon the underlined then, and only then, would JC have some kind of purpose. As it is, it's just many buildings occupied by data signature collectors that appear to be there to get us to all jump through hoops etc. Thats been my experience for past 7 years.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Absolut likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:41 am

Heads up for anyone in the Bradford area.

I received a call yesterday afternoon from a JCP worker (never dealt with her before), with no prior warning, to set up a telephone interview. She's calling me back next Tuesday.

When she rang she made sure not to say what the call was about. Her exact words were "it's about your JSA". I had to ask her "what about my JSA?" before she would admit that they were re-starting conditionality (ie job search interviews).

I have no worries about her call next week. I have a log of my job search stretching back over the last 11 months. Not once did they bother to contact me, other than to send out the annual verification form in November. There has been no change to my restricted claimant commitment since at least November 2017 (it still has "log into Universal Jobmatch" on it lol).

There is no doubt that when the JCP worker called she had no idea that I have multiple disabilities and can only work a desk job anyway (max 5 hours per day and with travel distance restrictions). If it doesn't matter, then they must be rolling it out for everybody, regardless of their health problems, in the Bradford area.

Has anyone on JSA gone through a change, over the phone, of their claimant commitment since the pandemic started? If so, what was arranged regarding actually physically signing the document?
Absolut
Absolut

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:28 am

Addition: apparently they are not rolling it to everyone. No phone call to hubby to set up a telephone interview with him so they've either missed the fact that it's a joint claim, or they are singling me out.
Absolut
Absolut

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:56 am

I've received no confirmation of the job search telephone appointment which is to take place tomorrow. I was told that I would be sent a text, but I've not received one, nor have I received confirmation of it via a letter. Isn't it usual for them to at least try to prove what the claimant has been asked to do (ie answer the phone)?
Absolut
Absolut

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:30 pm

Strange indeed #Absolut❓

On thing do you get the JCP 🚽 phone number displayed. Or is it a private number, still you will at least have a record of any received calls on Tuesday, a screenshot of it if you can, might be helpful.
Pintel
Pintel

Absolut likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:34 am

I have a record of the first call and yes it was the 0800 JCP number but they have no proof that they set up an appointment during that phone call. That's what is odd.

I will see what transpires later on today.
Absolut
Absolut

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:43 am

I got the call as scheduled. When I said I'd not got a text she said there was a fault with the system and she'd reported it. The work coach was ok and I didn't get the usual nasty attitude that I normally get, which makes a nice change Smile
Absolut
Absolut

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:00 am

I have just claimed UC and I get both text and email reminders 24 h in advance. Also, check the journal regularly. It should flash up as a "to do duty" the moment you have logged in. If it's not in the journal, the work roach has no ground for sanctions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:58 pm

Absolut wrote:I got the call as scheduled. When I said I'd not got a text she said there was a fault with the system and she'd reported it. The work coach was ok and I didn't get the usual nasty attitude that I normally get, which makes a nice change Smile

This is good to hear #Absolut😉. I was wondering what the work Roach clown talked about? Are they still in there 'bubble' of there being plenty of jobs🔮out there, at the JCP 🚽. Regardless of the current 'situation' in this country ❓
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:46 am

Pintel wrote:This is good to hear #Absolut😉. I was wondering what the work Roach clown talked about? Are they still in there 'bubble' of there being plenty of jobs🔮out there, at the JCP 🚽. Regardless of the current 'situation' in this country ❓

She pretty much only wanted to see if I was doing job search, what sort of jobs I was looking at etc. She was aware that times are difficult, she didn't try to downplay the current situation. Oddly, and against what I usually get, she genuinely did seem to want to help.
Absolut
Absolut

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:48 am

Miguel1975 wrote:I have just claimed UC and I get both text and email reminders 24 h in advance. Also, check the journal regularly. It should flash up as a "to do duty" the moment you have logged in. If it's not in the journal, the work roach has no ground for sanctions.

Thanks Miguel. I'm on JSA so there's no journal Smile I do usually get a text, 2 days before, but that's all.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:25 pm

I got a letter today from the Jobcentre saying:

“We have tried to call you about your Jobseekers Allowance claim.

It is important that you contact your work coach on [number given] to arrange a telephone interview.

During your telephone interview, your work coach will talk to you about what you need to do to have the best chance of finding work and the help you might need. Together you will agree what actions to put on your claimant commitment so you have a complete record of everything you need to do.”

The letter is suspicious, in that I don’t have a work coach (before lockdown I just saw whoever happened to be signing me on), and I already have a claimant commitment from March 2018, which, as far as I know is still valid for me to operate under.

I called the number given but got no answer. I kept calling it on and off for around three hours with no answer.

The letter says that I have to contact the work coach by 24 February. Given that the phone number seems to be a dud one, I wonder if this is just a ruse to sanction me if I fail to call back.

Archangel

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by D.Appleby Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:32 pm

Archangel wrote:I got a letter today from the Jobcentre saying:

“We have tried to call you about your Jobseekers Allowance claim.

It is important that you contact your work coach on [number given] to arrange a telephone interview.

During your telephone interview, your work coach will talk to you about what you need to do to have the best chance of finding work and the help you might need. Together you will agree what actions to put on your claimant commitment so you have a complete record of everything you need to do.”

The letter is suspicious, in that I don’t have a work coach (before lockdown I just saw whoever happened to be signing me on), and I already have a claimant commitment from March 2018, which, as far as I know is still valid for me to operate under.

I called the number given but got no answer. I kept calling it on and off for around three hours with no answer.

The letter says that I have to contact the work coach by 24 February. Given that the phone number seems to be a dud one, I wonder if this is just a ruse to sanction me if I fail to call back.

I am presuming you have not received a mandatory notice to participate in an interview, which must include the purpose of the interview. ??

D.Appleby

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:44 pm

No, all I got was that letter.

Archangel

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by D.Appleby Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:46 pm

Archangel wrote:No, all I got was that letter.

No grounds for concern Archangel. Smile

You haven't thus far been mandated to participate in an interview which requires that, DWP must notify you via a written/oral notice requiring you to attend an interview that includes the purpose of the interview, the place and time as well as the consequences if you fail to partcipate/attend.

Last edited by D.Appleby on Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total

D.Appleby

Pintel and Archangel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:29 pm

Thanks, D.Appleby

I will return the letter to them saying that I tried to phone them but got no answer.

Archangel

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:32 pm

Thanks for the links Pintel. I'll take a look.

Archangel

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next