BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips for recording your 35 hours a week job search activity

Go down

Tips for recording your 35 hours a week job search activity Empty Tips for recording your 35 hours a week job search activity

Post by Non Deficere Thu May 17, 2018 8:09 am

I know this subject has been discussed many times on the net.

I came across this site today:
Tips for recording your 35 hours a week job search activity

http://dailyjobseeker.tumblr.com/post/139391005619/tips-for-recording-your-35-hours-a-week-job-search

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:877-wORYgQsJ:dailyjobseeker.tumblr.com/post/139391005619/tips-for-recording-your-35-hours-a-week-job-search+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Undertaking 35 hours each week of job searching activity can at first appear hard to achieve. However, there are lots of ways to look for work and to keep your job search productive and you can find tips and advice on this site. It is also important to fully record what you have done so that this can easily be discussed with your work coach. Here is an example of some job searching activity and how to record it.

1. What I did:

I checked the job pages of the Barnet and Finchley Echo when it came out on 21 and 28 February. I made a note of one job as a part-time admin assistant in the finance department at Barnet Council.

I rang up and asked them to send me an application form and I completed the form when it came and sent it back on 4 March.

What this involved: I asked a friend to check the form before I sent it off and added some information as a result. I amended my CV to make sure it was relevant for this job.

What was the result? I completed the application form and sent them my revised CV.

I did this on: 21/2/18, 28/2/18, 4/3/18

Total time taken: 1 hour – checking paper and 2 hours – completing form and amending CV

What I’ll do next: The closing date is 15 March. If I haven’t heard anything by 26 March, I’ll ring the personnel section.

2. What I did:

Looked on job websites – Total Jobs, Indeed, In Retail – for retail jobs.

What this involved: Took bus into town and went to the library to use the internet. Found websites through Google and searched for retail jobs.

What was the result? Found two possible jobs at

1) Sports Direct – closing date 29 March

2) New Look – closing date 5 April

Completed online application form for both jobs and attached my CV.

I also did this type of search on: 22/2/18, 24/2/18, 26/2/18, 4/3/18, 8/3/18

Total time taken: 22 hours

What I’ll do next: Will contact both employers a week after closing date if I haven’t heard anything.

3. What I did:

I registered on Universal Jobmatch on 11 March.

What this involved: I used one of the computers in the Jobcentre after I’d seen my work coach.

What was the result? I applied for two jobs at

1) Subway – closing date 14 March

2) Greggs - closing date 18 March

Completed online application form for the Subway job and attached my CV.

Phoned Greggs to ask for an application form. Job included bakery duties as well as serving customers, so I updated my CV to include my experience doing this. Completed form, included my CV and posted to Greggs.

I repeated this type of search on: 11/3/18, 12/3/18, 13/3/18

Total time taken: 10 hours

What I’ll do next: Will contact both employers a week after closing date if I haven’t heard anything.

This is just an example of some ideas for your job search and how to record it. Take a look at more jobseeking advice to help with your 35 hours a week total.

Click here to find out how Universal Credit can make sure you’re better off in work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not recommending it, but it could be used to challenge work coaches who insist you provide job search in a particular way.  The template is from  gov.uk.

If you remove the time entry, the same applies to JSA claimants.

Last edited by Non Deficere on Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add info)
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down