BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Covid19 and Duty of Care

3 posters

Go down

Covid19 and Duty of Care Empty Covid19 and Duty of Care

Post by Pintel Mon May 11, 2020 2:04 pm

It seems that the restrictions from Covid19 are to be lifted on Wednesday (Not in SC,W,NI thou, but will probably follow suit soon). Therefore, I was wondering what the 'Duty of care' is with regards to Covid19 and employers (being that the JCP 🚽could be defined as an employer to claimants). As the pm wants people to return to work ,and you could image that many firms are unprepared for this situation. 😷

As being in a high risk group, you could understand my concern. Are the security trolls going to disinfect people with a garden sprayer as they enter the building. Or give them a bottle of hand sanitizer as they enter? In addition to this I live too far from my JCP to walk, and haven't got a bike. So public transport is the only method of travel open to me. Again this is increasing the risk to me, if I have to meet up with the Roach clown
And I can't see the dwp supplying me with a bike (maybe I could ask for a crisis loan for a cycle?🚳) Back to the topic, I was wondering if anyone knows the regulations about duty of care. ❓
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Covid19 and Duty of Care Empty Re: Covid19 and Duty of Care

Post by joey911 Mon May 11, 2020 9:31 pm

Sorry I can't respond directly to your question but research Section 44 of the 1996 Employment Rights Act

Section 44 of the Employment Rights Act 1996 gives a worker the right not to be victimised, disciplined or to receive 'detriment' (ie loss of pay) if they have strong reason to believe their workplace is unsafe and therefore refuse to enter it.

And don't worry regardless of what is happening in the news at the moment, don't expect to be walking into a jobcentre again until July at the earliest but I suspect even this is unlikely

joey911

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue May 12, 2020 1:49 pm

Thanks for the reply @joey911.😉

Two points, I lot depends upon how claimants are defined to whether the are covered by that 'employment rights act'? Also many workers in the current climate,  may not want to risk their future employment by turning down work. Especially if you are living 'hand to mouth', so they are in a 'catch22' situation.  🧟⛈

And I think you are right about the JCP🚽 not likely to open soon. But it is always good practice to keep your eyes on the ball🙈. Also you have to wonder how much notice the dwp will give, when the wheels start up again?😒
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey911 Tue May 12, 2020 4:06 pm

Pintel wrote:Two points, I lot depends upon how claimants are defined to whether the are covered by that 'employment rights act'?

Unfortunately, I suspect not.

Pintel wrote:
And I think you are right about the JCP🚽 not likely to open soon. But it is always good practice to keep your eyes on the ball🙈. Also you have to wonder how much notice the dwp will give, when the wheels start up again?😒

The problem for the DWP is the impossible task of how to enforce social distancing in the small, cramped, open-plan offices of most jobcentres. This would be difficult enough without the additional 2 million+ claimaints, and counting, now on the books.

My gut feeling is jobcentre appointments as we knew them on a large-scale won't happen at all for the rest of this year. Or until the day that pubs, restuarants and gyms are allowed to open. Whatever comes sooner.

joey911

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Mon May 18, 2020 10:16 am

If you get a face to appointment it may well be worth putting a note in your UCj or sending an email to let them know that you have experienced symptoms within the previous 2 days and requesting their advice about whether you should still attend Covid19 and Duty of Care 3889284177
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down