BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When will conditionality return?

4 posters

Go down

When will conditionality return? Empty When will conditionality return?

Post by joey911 Fri May 01, 2020 2:29 pm

I appreciate no one could possibly know as no one can predict where COVID-19 related events will go, but i'm interested to hear your thoughts and opinions about this

Aside from the global pandemic (yes, that) this will probably be the best time in history to be a Universal Credit Claimant...

• No need to attend the Jobcentre
  • No need to do anything
  • No sanctions
  • No conditionality
  • Increased money in UC standard allowance for 12 months

I feel these 3 months of 'no conditionality' (maybe longer?) will be the closest we ever get to a Universal Basic Income in this country

However this won't last forever and I am just speculating as to when business as usual will return for claimants? Anyone have any thoughts?

joey911

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

When will conditionality return? Empty Re: When will conditionality return?

Post by Absolut Tue May 05, 2020 6:12 am

this will probably be the best time in history to be a Universal Credit Claimant

It's a least worst time, that's for sure, but according to current news social distancing will continue for up to a year and under those circumstances I don't see how the DWP can return to "business as usual" particularly regarding face to face interrogations. That isn't a problem with UC claimants, but it is with legacy claimants of JSA and ESA. They will likely want to hurry up the transition process using the extra £20 per week as an inducement.
Absolut
Absolut

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue May 05, 2020 12:52 pm

Interesting times indeed 🙃. I was thinking that the JCP will be pushing telephone and virtual appointments for claimants? I read somewhere on this site of people having online appointments. All well and good if the technology is working ok, and you are happy with this arrangement. I can't see the JCP going to the expense of supplying claimant's with a free pc and internet connection. It hard enough to get the travel expenses out of them.

In addition to this you could see some changes to the jobcentre's. Such as seeing the work roach🤡 behind some 'bandit glass", no more waiting on the sofa's next to your fellow citizens. And the JCP with multiple floors, would the staircase's be wide enough to allow social distancing😷? If not could a claimant, ask to be seen on a ground floor.
Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by joey911 Tue May 05, 2020 2:58 pm

Pintel wrote:I was thinking that the JCP will be pushing telephone and virtual appointments for claimants?

Perhaps this is the most likely outcome, as I definitely cant see them letting us "get away" with the current no conditionality for any longer than 3 months. They will find something, I just want to try and predict what it might be so I can mentally prepare.

I've read a few things online how the Tories are desperate to not show the reality of the horrors of UC to those "temporary claimants" (The new Tory working class voters?). Hence the increase in the standard allowance and no conditionality. It plays into the narrative how claiming UC isn't that stressful or nothing to worry about. There is no threat to your money being paid to you.

Talking of new claimants, apparently there are now 2 million NEW people claiming Universal Credit since lockdown began.
(and 250,000 new JSA and 20,000 ESA claimants)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52536210

So with social-distancing, and all these extra millions of bodies that will have to walk through JCP doors maybe online/telephone appointments will be the future?

I just hope the increase in claimants will mean the decrease in contact we have to have with the JCP and our work coaches. Maybe monthly appointments instead of fortnightly?

joey911

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

When will conditionality return? Empty Difficult times ahead for roach shop

Post by jobberpw Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:52 am

"I just hope the increase in claimants will mean the decrease in contact we have to have with the JCP and our work coaches. Maybe monthly appointments instead of fortnightly?"

If they had a brain that would be the case but as they dont ...probably won't.I do think though this pandemic will have a profound effect on all things dwp admin etc.Or at least,here's hoping.

For instance who the hell is going to want to higher 50 plus year olds in a climate like this but,that wont stop morons at roach shop phoning,pestering and trying to worry older claimants into an early grave.They would be better spending their time and .gov money on helping younger generation who have decades of life left in them.They are the future after all.But what are they doing now about unemployment... recruiting 14.000 """Experts"" from SOMEWHERE Rolling Eyes  Twisted Evil

Just couldnt make this crap up.

Oh yes and while their at that little game big work programme expansion on the way.How lovely. Evil or Very Mad  

Come October some economic experts are predicting uk unemployment could be between 6-9 million.Dont forget we have about 15 million already before Covid hit with all working and claiming they just mess with  the figures.The true figures of who in the UK is in full time work doing 37+ hrs a week and earning over 20k must be truly shocking.Love to see the stats on that and i bet there is none...i wonder why.  Wink

Pintel:In addition to this you could see some changes to the jobcentre's. Such as seeing the work roach🤡 behind some 'bandit glass", no more waiting on the sofa's next to your fellow citizens. And the JCP with multiple floors, would the staircase's be wide enough to allow social distancing😷? If not could a claimant, ask to be seen on a ground floor.

Yes i see that too Pintel.Only thing wrong with that is we would all have to be seen on time for appointments and in my roach shop currently most late 90% of the time.

Also anyone who needs a toilet because of medical needs they will seriously have to upgrade them.Like touch sensitive taps for example. Smile

jobberpw
jobberpw

Absolut likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down