BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UC and annual leave (in work conditionality)

2 posters

Go down

UC and annual leave (in work conditionality) Empty UC and annual leave (in work conditionality)

Post by Caker Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:03 am

FOI request 'Universal Credit: No holidays for part time workers, only full timers get housing costs paid?'

Dave Petter wrote:As a single person living in private accommodation who has been working for 18 months without taking a statutory holiday break and getting Universal Credit housing costs only and have conditions to search for more and better paid work.

Your page https://www.gov.uk/holiday-entitlement-r... on my holiday entitlement rights confirms I will get my wages whilst I am on holiday, what will happen to my housing costs payments if I refuse to do all of my work search activities set out in my claimant commitment as I need to take a holiday or do you only pay housing costs for full time workers doing a 35 hour working week?

Will my claim be closed when I go on holiday and ignore my claimant commitment obligations?

The FOI is overdue but definitely worth keeping an eye on.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/universal_credit_no_holidays_for#outgoing-724782

Last edited by Caker on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:19 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

UC and annual leave (in work conditionality) Empty Re: UC and annual leave (in work conditionality)

Post by Absolut Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:54 am

I don't think the comment left on that request is entirely correct:

If you go on holiday for a week then you will have to job search for 35 hours, because presumably you would not be working for 20 hours in that week on holiday.

The problem with presumptions is that they are not law lol. If a claimant is paid wages then that money is knocked off UC and so are the equivalent hours of the job search requirement. If it is stated in the legislation that the DWP can take wages into account and make the claimant do a 35 hour job search I'd be interested to see that.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down