BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anybody been on the Work and Health Programme? 2

+5
Jara
london123
Admin
jobberpw
Welfare-Champion
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Has anybody been on the Work and Health Programme? 2 Empty Has anybody been on the Work and Health Programme? 2

Post by Welfare-Champion Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:11 pm

previous post on the subject

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t4213-has-anybody-been-on-the-work-and-health-programme...

new thread post started here

(admin edit ) added extra info to links there

Welfare-Champion

Back to top Go down

Has anybody been on the Work and Health Programme? 2 Empty Re: Has anybody been on the Work and Health Programme? 2

Post by jobberpw Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:45 pm

Cheers welfare champ.

Will be really interested to see how London's story unfolds as I maybe heading into hell myself soon.

Maybe of some help courtesy of Comply or die from the old WC site Very Happy :
https://www.uceplus.co.uk/mpl-674906.html
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Has anybody been on the Work and Health Programme? 2 Empty Re: Has anybody been on the Work and Health Programme? 2

Post by Admin Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:07 pm

thankyou w-c for restarting this post on londons behalf

admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by london123 Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:13 pm

still no letter, fingers crossed,

london123

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:41 am

If I ever get forced on to WHP I'll withdraw my consent for them to share my personal data.

After a while on the original Work Programme (2015-2017) I did just that.

I had enough of having to attending pointless appointments just so they get could collect my job search and call employers on my behalf. I had enough of them forcing me do pointless job interviews. They came up with nonsense courses just so they could get me to attend and share any job search I had done.

Withdrawing consent stopped all that. They could no longer keep or use any of my job search. At best they could tell me of a employer hiring people, but not actually have me attend any job fairs as that would require them sharing my personal information to a third party. None of their courses were suited for me any more.

They made their profit by getting people into employment and they needed to track people for that. After I withdrew my consent it became impossible for them to make a profit on me. They left me more or less alone. And the Jobcentre left me alone too as I was on the Work Programme. Some of my easiest time being on JSA Smile

And all that was before GDPR, now it is probably easier to be left alone.

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by london123 Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:36 pm

i heard a voice mail on my phone today saying reed has been trying to get in touch with me, about the whp, and will be sending me a letter out, asap. make sure to bring id to the appointment.
so looks like anytime soon.
how do i withdraw consent to my personal data.

london123

Back to top Go down

Post by london123 Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:48 pm

also at the appointment i addend, (voluntary referral). after i have heard what they say about the course, can i say its not for me, or will they need good reasons why.

london123

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:02 pm

I don't have the letter any more and I can't seem to find it sorry. But essentially I had them delete my email and phone number from their system. Also they were not allowed to share anything about me to anyone else. The letter also had something about me informing all past and future employers not to share any personal data with DWP or it's providers. Also that only DWP gets to see my work search.

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by london123 Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:10 pm

Jara wrote:I don't have the letter any more and I can't seem to find it sorry. But essentially I had them delete my email and phone number from their system. Also they were not allowed to share anything about me to anyone else. The letter also had something about me informing all past and future employers not to share any personal data with DWP or it's providers. Also that only DWP gets to see my work search.

if i just decline to sign any forms they ask me to.will that suffice.

london123

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:23 pm

London search the forum or Web for a do not consent to data being shared disclosure. It won't be good enough just having a chat when having to deal with the planks at whp circus or at roach shop. Do everything by email or written form to be sure.Always think along the lines of you will need proof leaving them open to be cut down to size.

As for attending voluntary London I think this was made clear. Do at your own peril as drop out and its 100% they will order you back mandatory style. They want us all to have no choice. In as easy way as they can muster.

Leaving a voice mail is putting more pressure on you one of their sly tricks. Mine is.... turn it off. Let them write and tell us exactly what they say.

Draft a letter exactly how Jara describes. Send that recorded delivery to all who you want to take notice.

By the way did you sign something to consent for Reed to be contacting you etc. If so email them, write and tell them you

'I now withdraw all forms of consent, to allow Reed or any associated third parties of them, to ever contact you again without your written explicit permission.if further contact persists in any format you will be treating it as harassment.

After reading that, it may dawn on them their have a long bloody wait 😊edit the above and when sending to whp provider just delete Reed. Edit that idea to suit how you want it to mean.

Tip for London123, always send everything first class recorded signed for. It's worth the postage as opposed to the hell these morons could ultimately cause you London. The more they get anyone to attend any of their cat sat on mat courses the more money they make. That's all their interested in. It's complete bullshit about them helping people back into work. Nothing they offer is any better than what any individual can do for themselves. Young or old. Just like joke shop, a chat about nothing and your sent on your way until they find some pile of shite like whp to pack you off to. 😠

And well done Jara, I did exactly the same as you on the last circus of a work program and they do take note.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallazz Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:32 pm

@London 123

If you plan to decline the programme, your best bet is just not to go to the initial appointment as this apparently constitutes a 'start'. I don't have a citation for this but others have said it does. Even if it's not true, to get you to back down, the provider might tell you, "You're here now, so it's too late to change your mind." You know what they're like.

As you may recall, Catwoman went to the initial appointment and nontheless got out of the WHP by refusing to sign the data sharing forms, but that doesn't mean it'll get you out of doing it (although it should mean you have an easier time). Basically, they told her they couldn't start her on the programme unless she signed their consent forms, but I suspect that was a ploy to get her to sign them. She still refused, and her Jobcentre was furious and threatened her with sanctions.

If you were to go to this appointment, you could either just say you're not signing anything because you don't want your CV farmed out to God knows who without your knowledge, or that you want to take all the forms home to read before you sign them, because you need to be clear on what you're signing (Frank Zola's suggestion). I'm sure they'd come back with some spiel but you'd need to stand firm. If you were lucky, they might say, "Well that's it, then - you can't do it".

I don't think anyone gets these forms before the initial provider interview, so I doubt you've signed anything yet. Another option is to sign the forms and then revoke your consent, but then you lose the chance of getting out of the programme.

Gallazz

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:27 am

"the provider might tell you, "You're here now, so it's too late to change your mind." You know what they're like."

As Gallazz says above is correct.They want their payment and they are just like 2nd hand car salesman estate agents etc London so be aware.Its all about,HOW MUCH MONEY CAN WE MAKE OUT OF YOU.Hence all the outsourcing that goes on with this bag of crap.

Check out Frank Zolas information too:
https://mrfrankzola.wordpress.com/2017/05/29/work-and-health-programme-who-can-be-referred-for-how-long-and-when/

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/work_and_health_programme_partic

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/work_and_health_programme_referr

Gallazz, they sent me the consent forms before i actually even attended that voluntary circus.And naturally, they went straight in the shredder. Laughing Evil or Very Mad

Remember London123 as Gallazz says, you can revoke your consent at ANY TIME but best to start as you mean to go on . Smile

More info on Mandation:
https://mrfrankzola.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/chapter-5b-mandation-v1-8.doc
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by london123 Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:31 am

i have just been to my doctor as my nasal polyps are really bad and causing problems with my right eye, so have just got a monthly sick note. and might get another next month until operation. so wont be turning up at the whp.

london123

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:39 am

Nice one London.Ensure next time you see the doc you have a discussion about the issues you face.For example have the conversation of how your overall health and housing situ has adversely impacted upon your mental health and overall well being.Be as blunt as you can.So go back in a month and submit another fit note.I am guessing you know what to do with the fit note? Send to job centre recorded delivery,take a copy before you do.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by london123 Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:49 am

if i remember last time i took it down to the job center, and waited about 20 mins for it to get processed.through the system. ive already entered it on my journal. thanks for your help. any issues ill let you know.

london123

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:16 am

No worries London that's all good. Just make sure they give you some sort of receipt as they can lose things, and their IT systems are not great.

You've taken back some control for now.

Will wait to see if whp still continue to contact you. No doubt saying, "come to us, we can help you with your health.''
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by london123 Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:47 am

should i contact whp stating that im on sick. or just ignore their letters,

london123

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:56 am

If it were me I'd avoid all contact with them. Especially if you haven't signed anything for the WHP provider company.

If your in dealt send them a copy of the fit note.

You need to be clear London123 as to what your long term plans are with all this, as will then be easier for us to advise you correctly.

London, has your Dr signed you off from doing all types of work. Check which box they have ticked on the fit note. This is important as if the wrong one is ticked you are open for these morons to play their usual games.

If you have now made your mind up you will not be going at all to whp. Then send the letter of no consent do not contact me etc.

If joke shop have mandated you using the correct formatted letter as is reffered to I think in some of the links inserted. Then you can tell them to politely keep it until you feel your able to manage or refuse outright.

Only you can decide London but the points I mention are the main ones to seriously note.

You don't want to get this wrong or give them any scope at all to sanction you.

Only yourself can ultimately decide no matter what we on here advise. I appreciate London you have some serious crap going on with your health and housing and that all needs to be fully addressed. Despite the morons at whp etc feeling they own you.
Do all possible to let them know that they don't.

Jobber
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:15 pm

London check that your Dr has signed you off from all work. If not, the morons can still play their games with you of attend this, attend that.

Check the tick box on your fit note as to which box Dr has ticked. If they have ticked maybe fit for some work, then be alert.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by london123 Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:19 pm

no he has ticked. you are not fit for work. my work coach as seen the message i left her about the sick note, she said no problem. just wandering will i still have to go see her on the 5th for my uc meeting

london123

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:28 pm

I would say no. They have to take the fit note into account including all and any functional aspects that maybe mentioned in it.

Sit tight London.
That's good London.

You are now signed off from all work searching. If any doubt ask the roach and come back here for further guidance.

If you don't want to contact roach shop just do some joke search at your own leisure to keep the jobsworths happy.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Welfare-Champion Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:15 pm

london123 wrote:no he has ticked. you are not fit for work. my work coach as seen the message i left her about the sick note, she said no problem. just wandering will i still have to go see her on the 5th for my uc meeting

Unfortunately, work preparation can be agreed with a UC fit note:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/universal-credit-if-you-have-a-disability-or-health-condition-quick-guide/universal-credit-if-you-have-a-disability-or-health-condition#temporaryperiodofsickness
2. Declaring a health condition or disability on an existing Universal Credit claim

If you have already made a claim for Universal Credit, a new health condition or disability will need to be reported as a change of circumstances.

You can report periods of sickness of up to 14 days as a temporary period of sickness.
3. Medical evidence

You can self-certify for up to the first 7 days of your claim by notifying Universal Credit that you have a health condition which prevents you from working.

From the 8th day, if your condition persists and if you have not already done so, you will need to submit medical evidence.

This will normally be a Statement of Fitness for Work (SoFFW). This is often referred to as a fit note, sick note, med cert or doctor’s note. This can be provided by a doctor or General Practitioner.
4. Your Claimant Commitment

To get Universal Credit you will need to agree with your work coach what activities you can do to prepare or look for work. Your work coach will take into account your health condition or disability when considering what to include in your Claimant Commitment.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/universal-credit-if-you-have-a-disability-or-health-condition-quick-guide/universal-credit-if-you-have-a-disability-or-health-condition#temporaryperiodofsickness

Welfare-Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:22 pm

Be interested to see what they want people to prepare.

Probably have sight impairment and they'd suggest bake a cake.

I can tell you that the part on 'taking your health into account' sounds good, but is rarely actually applied. Took them years with me. And they still have to have it repeatedly spelt out to them. I now carry a formatted letter and a audio recording as got so pissed off with all their ideology.

Last edited by jobberpw on Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Welfare-Champion Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:25 pm

Based on the content of the Fit Note, claimants can refuse any work preparation activities.

Welfare-Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:29 pm

Content should be key.... but they still like to see you for nothing if they can. Had my run ins like others and after a few times drags people down. Their master plan.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next