BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anybody been on the Work and Health Programme?

+6
Committed Claimant
Admin
Pintel
Gallazz
Absolut
london123
10 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Has anybody been on the Work and Health Programme? - Page 6 Empty Re: Has anybody been on the Work and Health Programme?

Post by jobberpw Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:22 pm

Have you explained your full circumstances to them?

Is it them that rented you this new property? If so ask for a transfer.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Has anybody been on the Work and Health Programme? - Page 6 Empty Re: Has anybody been on the Work and Health Programme?

Post by jobberpw Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:07 pm

London, please read what i have written above.

"You have medical conditions that need to be discussed with your GP and used to make your life better.
I believe others on the forum have pointed this out to you and why you should do this.

A full discussion with your GP ASAP should help.
"

You need to be looking at the whole situation as it won't just blow away as i am sure you know.

Take some form of action maybe phone a few advisers...and not at the joke shop. Very Happy

Thats my input.Over and out.

Jobber

Happy New Year to all.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:21 am

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:27 am

Good reference Admin and if London hasn't yet seen it, will give him a good idea as to how these companies can operate.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallazz Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:46 pm

Gallazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Committed Claimant Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:22 pm

You haven’t mentioned anything to the contrary so I’m assuming you are still waiting to see your JCP coach. Previous posts on how to handle this interview should have prepared you for that.

No contact with the provider…..No problem there….They obtained your details illegally and without your consent in the first place.

Your rent etc.

london123 wrote:housing assosiation i have just moved last week in to a one bedroom bungalow, the rent is cheaper than my last place ,but they wont pay the full amount,

Housing benefit is the responsibility of the local council of the area you live and are claiming it in, not DWP.

Each council sets its own cap on the maximum amount that can be claimed for housing benefit.

Have you moved to a different council jurisdiction and have you checked what the different caps are before moving?

If the amount you are claiming falls below the cap then you need to enquire off them, the council, why they are not paying the full amount claimed by you for housing benefit.

Both these issues that now occupy you are quite different. Capitulating on one will not resolve, or even alleviate, the other.
Committed Claimant
Committed Claimant

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:50 pm

London123 mentioned something about' paying the bedroom tax' which confused me, as i can't see how you'd pay that if you have downsized and particularly into a one bed. I think this situation maybe that London owes rent on the last property?

Can you update us all London123 as to your latest ?
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by london123 Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:27 pm

jobberpw wrote:London123 mentioned something about' paying the bedroom tax' which confused me, as i can't see how you'd pay that if you have downsized and particularly into a one bed. I think this situation maybe that London owes rent on the last property?

Can you update us all London123 as to your latest ?

i payed the bedroom tax on my last property,but then my son left home,hence why i had to down size to a one bed property. the rent owed is from universal credit messing up with the payments, this months payment as also been messed up they have paid it for the old property i was in not this new one bed one, now im getting phone calls saying i have not paid the rent,i even took my new rent agreement down to the jobcentre well before Christmas, but alas they still have messed it up,

london123

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:32 pm

This does sound hell London123, and i would do as been suggested to you asap before this gets really out of control.

Any news on work from hell programme Twisted Evil ?
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by london123 Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:49 am

nothing yet but i have their number blocked on my phone, but expecting a letter.

london123

Back to top Go down

Post by Committed Claimant Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:40 am

London123:

When is your next appointment with a JCP work coach?

With whom did you negotiate/agree/accept your change of tenancy and housing benefit claim?

Are you actually on Universal Credit now or do you still claim Jobseeker’s Allowance and Housing Benefit separately as of old?
Committed Claimant
Committed Claimant

Back to top Go down

Post by london123 Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:55 pm

Committed Claimant wrote:London123:

With whom did you negotiate/agree/accept your change of tenancy and housing benefit claim?

Are you actually on Universal Credit now or do you still claim Jobseeker’s Allowance and Housing Benefit separately as of old?
getting a phone call from my work coach Thursday to see how im getting on..i was on job seekers for serval years, but last year after collapsing with a pulmonary embolism ,blood clots in my lungs,i was on sick for 6 months so had to change to universal credit so i could carry on with getting sick pay,they said you can only be on the sick for 6 weeks on job seekers. my work coach made an appointment with me and i went down with the tenancy agreement, and did the the change of address in my work journal.

london123

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallazz Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:04 pm

Sounds like that work coach has a lot to answer for, London123. I hope things can be sorted out quickly.

Gallazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Committed Claimant Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:40 am

london123 wrote:

getting a phone call from my work coach Thursday to see how im getting on..i was on job seekers for serval years, but last year after collapsing with a pulmonary embolism ,blood clots in my lungs,i was on sick for 6 months so had to change to universal credit so i could carry on with getting sick pay,they said  you can only be on the sick for 6 weeks on job seekers. my work coach made an appointment with me and i went down with the tenancy agreement, and did the the change of address in my work journal.

The reason I ask for this clarification was to ascertain whether or not you might be able to involve your work coach in the cock-up over your housing benefit.

As you know and have experience of, housing benefit now comes under the oversight of your work coach since it is included in the overall claim for Universal Credit.

It appears that she was not only involved but might very well be implicated and more than likely culpable in the whole mess. It follows that she must assume some responsibility for sorting it out for you.

OK. When your coach calls on Thursday to ask how you’re getting on get on to her straight away about your housing benefit. Get all your details of the mess ready to spell out to her. Explain that it was by acting on her instructions and advice and allowing her to get involved you find yourself now in debt and at serious risk of ending up homeless.

Don’t allow her to change the subject to the Work & Health Programme. You are beside yourself with concern, worry, anxiety, headaches and sleepless nights over how you are going to resolve your issues around housing that she said she was sorting out for you. You can’t even begin to give WHP the attention or consideration she may believe its due under the present circumstances.

If you play your cards right you will not only get the help you need to sort out your housing benefit but also deflect any reference to WHP for a while.
Committed Claimant
Committed Claimant

Back to top Go down

Post by Welfare-Champion Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:21 am

London 123 you are entitled up to 12 weeks sickness when you claim JSA.

https://search3.openobjects.com/mediamanager/reading/enterprise/files/130415_esp_claimant_leaflet.pdf

Hope you get the professional support you need right now to sort out the mess DWP has made of your claim.

You have suffered unacceptable inconvenience, delay, poor customer service as well as a negative impact on your health.

Welfare-Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by london123 Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:35 am

Committed Claimant wrote:
london123 wrote:

getting a phone call from my work coach Thursday to see how im getting on..i was on job seekers for serval years, but last year after collapsing with a pulmonary embolism ,blood clots in my lungs,i was on sick for 6 months so had to change to universal credit so i could carry on with getting sick pay,they said  you can only be on the sick for 6 weeks on job seekers. my work coach made an appointment with me and i went down with the tenancy agreement, and did the the change of address in my work journal.

The reason I ask for this clarification was to ascertain whether or not you might be able to involve your work coach in the cock-up over your housing benefit.

As you know and have experience of, housing benefit now comes under the oversight of your work coach since it is included in the overall claim for Universal Credit.

It appears that she was not only involved but might very well be implicated and more than likely culpable in the whole mess. It follows that she must assume some responsibility for sorting it out for you.

OK. When your coach calls on Thursday to ask how you’re getting on get on to her straight away about your housing benefit. Get all your details of the mess ready to spell out to her. Explain that it was by acting on her instructions and advice and allowing her to get involved you find yourself now in debt and at serious risk of ending up homeless.

Don’t allow her to change the subject to the Work & Health Programme. You are beside yourself with concern, worry, anxiety, headaches and sleepless nights over how you are going to resolve your issues around housing that she said she was sorting out for you. You can’t even begin to give WHP the attention or consideration she may believe its due under the present circumstances.

yes im also going to ask her why they are only paying £323 a month rent,when the actual amount is £345 with me having to make up the difference,
If you play your cards right you will not only get the help you need to sort out your housing benefit but also deflect any reference to WHP for a while.

london123

Back to top Go down

Post by london123 Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:36 am

yes im also going to ask her why they are only paying £323 a month rent,when the actual amount is £345 with me having to make up the difference,

london123

Back to top Go down

Post by Welfare-Champion Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:50 am

london123 wrote:yes im also going to ask her why they are only paying £323 a month rent,when the actual amount is £345 with me having to make up the difference,

Regrettably, your WC's role does not include the assessment of your UC claim, s/he will just pass you onto the helpline.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:vHQIrUzaSaoJ:https://files.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/admin/fairs/apptrack/download.cgi%3FSID%3Db3duZXI9NTA3MDAwMCZvd25lcnR5cGU9ZmFpciZkb2NfdHlwZT12YWMmZG9jX2lkPTU1ODcyOSZ2ZXJpZnk9MWIzMDRkZWRhMGFmNDJmNjVlODc4OGE5NDllMzg1MzY%3D+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&client=firefox-b-d

Welfare-Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:03 am

Great advice from Committed Claimant articulately putting across the needs of London123.Sometimes this all needs really spelling out to these people in job centre etc.They have no regard as to how people are having to live just as long as they can effectively tick their boxes and send them on their way.

"Don’t allow her to change the subject to the Work & Health Programme. You are beside yourself with concern, worry, anxiety, headaches and sleepless nights" Exactly! Committed Claimant, and that's what London really needs to put over.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Welfare-Champion Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:21 am

To prevent a potential, spurious availability doubt arising make sure you stress that you still available for work, but you are not ready to start the W&HP due to your present circumstances.

DWP may suggest you get a sick note.

Due to the numerous errors on your claim, I think taking advice regarding your UC payments as well as the overpayments/other matters will be helpful for your well being at this time.

Welfare-Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by london123 Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:08 pm

just had the call from my work coach, she asked how i was i told her my nasal polyps are back again,(only had the operation last June,and my nose is blocked solid again and twice the size, any how i mentioned the rent not being paid and the £20 shortfall ,she said the shortfall is because the housing association allow 4 free weeks a year, (don't know what that means) but that's why they don't pay it all. but they paid it all at my last address or years, same housing association, she asked me to ring universal credit help line.
she never mentioned the work and health program.

london123

Back to top Go down

Post by Welfare-Champion Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:37 pm

london123 wrote:just had the call from my work coach, she asked how i was i told her my nasal polyps are back again,(only had the operation last June,and my nose is blocked solid again and twice the size, any how i mentioned the rent not being paid and the £20 shortfall ,she said the shortfall is because the housing association allow 4 free weeks a year, (don't know what that means) but that's why they don't pay it all. but they paid it all at my last address or years, same housing association, she asked me to ring universal credit help line.
she never mentioned the work and health program.

That is good news!

You need to establish exactly what are the rent-free weeks so you can plan you income effectively!

@Admin

This thread is very long and has digressed into to other topics.

Please consider lock down.

Many thanks!

Welfare-Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by london123 Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:47 pm

whats the point of locking it down,im still awaiting a letter for starting the work and health program. when i start ill let people know what its like. just because my coach didn't mention it in the call doesn't mean im free of it,

london123

Back to top Go down

Post by Welfare-Champion Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:14 pm

Welfare-Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Committed Claimant Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:06 am

Committed Claimant
Committed Claimant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next