BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dwp advisor states I do online jobsearch interview

+6
Pintel
jobberpw
Absolut
Admin
Tarquin Flotsam
mark9999
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dwp advisor states I do online jobsearch interview - Page 2 Empty Re: Dwp advisor states I do online jobsearch interview

Post by Absolut Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:32 am

Pintel wrote:I can’t help wondering if Emma (the roach could be an AI program?)

I thought it could be a bot too. At the very least they should have allowed mark9999 to meet Emma before setting up an online WFI (not that I think the online WFI is in any way legitimate).
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Dwp advisor states I do online jobsearch interview - Page 2 Empty Re: Dwp advisor states I do online jobsearch interview

Post by Caker Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:17 am

Absolut wrote:I thought it could be a bot too. At the very least they should have allowed mark9999 to meet Emma before setting up an online WFI (not that I think the online WFI is in any way legitimate).

If Mark9999 is a subject of some AI experiment then the least that is needed is his informed consent. He has not been given sufficient information nor asked for his consent. This looks unethical.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:04 pm

Screen shots, snippets etc good ideas Admin and Caker, I also do this as just don't trust them. Have nice app for mobile phone conversations for when they call. This whole system is bad for people's mental health. Just lots of stick, and no carrot so to speak.

Good luck to Mark9999 with the face to face meetings, but I feel all will become clear, as to why many on here and other forums refer to those pose to be helping people into work as roaches.

Last edited by jobberpw on Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by mark9999 Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:50 pm

Thanks for the advice and reply’s so far, I am very graceful for this everyone.

Today I got this in my journal 25/10/2019 Friday.

Hello mark, now that I am your new Work Coach and to establish what kind of work you can do, please access your Universal Credit account on Tuesday 29/10/19 @ 13.00pm for an online discussion. You’ll need to ensure you are logged on to your journal and have access to a computer/device with internet connection for 30 minutes from the time the session begins. Thanks Emma.
I have no problem (hopefully) being online at this time. I have told them all the work I can do when I first made my claim. What you think I should say or do next? It’s causing me a lot of stress and anxiety all this. I find it very hard talking and expressing myself it writing foam, don’t have a problem talking face to face with an advisor prefer doing things face to face.

mark9999

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:25 pm

Hi Mark,

Make some rough notes before you fill anything in on that journal. I note that you have difficulty with expressing yourself in written format mark9999, if so make this crystal clear to your work coach and they will have to accomadate you. Now understand why you prefer to do the face to face interviews.

Where they are asking you to say what types of work you can do, have a real good think about this as they try their best to tie you down to this in the future.

Just make sure anything you say is actually reasonable for you and your own circumstances, not the job centres.

Also, if you have any kind of dissibilty of any kind make sure that's all logged ASAP with them under the health tab on the uc journal.

Hope that maybe of some help to you. I can relate to the stress and worry this causes as the system is designed that way. I may sound incredibly synical but speak from five years of hell dealing with these people. Try not worry and don't offer any information to them than you really have to.

This forum is packed with help and information and you should stay on the good side by following the advice posted here. Lots of helpful people.

Jobber

Last edited by jobberpw on Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:59 pm

Hi mark9999

You have not been mandated to participate in on-line interviews.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/810644/admk1.pdf

This initiative reminds me of 'group signing', jobclubs etc., which were voluntary and were designed to support DWP staff shortages:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/dwp-staff-cuts-universal-credit-pip-benefits-a8988816.html

The majority of claimants will comply for an easy life.   However, some people may welcome the initiative, which could save claimants money (travel expenses) amongst other things.

You can simply say you prefer face-to-face interviews.

Edit:

Another ruse: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/is_enrolling_with_people_plus_or#incoming-1456227

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:57 pm

mark9999 wrote:Thanks for the advice and reply’s so far, I am very graceful for this everyone.

Today I got this in my journal 25/10/2019 Friday.

Hello mark, now that I am your new Work Coach and to establish what kind of work you can do, please access your Universal Credit account on Tuesday 29/10/19 @ 13.00pm for an online discussion. You’ll need to ensure you are logged on to your journal and have access to a computer/device with internet connection for 30 minutes from the time the session begins. Thanks Emma.
I have no problem (hopefully) being online at this time. I have told them all the work I can do when I first made my claim. What you think I should say or do next? It’s causing me a lot of stress and anxiety all this. I find it very hard talking and expressing myself it writing foam, don’t have a problem talking face to face with an advisor prefer doing things face to face.

query here do they know dwp that you have a home pc?

many dont have home pc.s dosnt mean they can get access at that time or date at the library for use with uc and also your journal access

this foi has a little more info you should be aware of

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/uc_journal_and_recovery_of_delet?utm_campaign=alaveteli-experiments-87&utm_content=sidebar_similar_requests&utm_medium=link&utm_source=whatdotheyknow

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:36 pm

No claimant should admit to having a home internet access device because it just raises (DWP) expectations of what you can do and how often and for how long.

Always give the impression that you are dependent upon your local library, therefore your computer access is restricted by library opening times / the availability of a computer (bookable and rationed in some libraries).
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:45 pm

The problem with this Caker is joke shop will just insist that claimant visits joke shop or library on a regular basis. It's worth a go, but feel they will be wise to this by now... sadly. They have some where I live attending 3 to 4 times a week. 👿
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by mark9999 Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:50 am

Thanks for all the input guys,

Non_Deficere2 thanks for the reply, if i am not mandated for the online interviews meetings etc? what sould i say or do at this online meeting?

Admin never being asked about home p.c or how i get access to internet at jobcentre or by my former work co.

Jobberpw sorry to hear about your five years of hell with the dwp i really feel for you. Gald their is this forum of people supporting each orther tho.

mark9999

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:02 am

Cheers Mark9999.I hope you get your interviews at JC all confirmed for you. They will be glad they actually have someone who prefers that as keeps them in 'work'

I replied to Caker's post about people making out they have limited net usage and then being made to attend joke shop 3-4 times a week. But the good thing with all that is, it will cost the DWP a fortune in bus fare train reclaim expenses. Laughing Twisted Evil

jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:26 am

jobberpw wrote:The problem with this Caker is joke shop will just insist that claimant visits joke shop or library on a regular basis. It's worth a go, but feel they will be wise to this by now... sadly. They have some where I live attending 3 to 4 times a week. 👿

That is a very fair point. My bad. I suppose what I should have said was: think about the advantages or disadvantages of admitting to having internet access at home, and decide what is the best course of action in your circumstances.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:45 am

Don't feel what I said happens a lot Caker, but as you say, if people do have limited access then that will make things difficult for DWP, etc. If more were in this position-limited to net access etc, then they would have a meltdown a JC with reimbursement of travel costs.  

Then there will be others claiming who live in remote areas with poor signals for mobiles, and data speed for the net, and maybe have no library near them either. All a pain for roach shop, but good for some claimants if they are being picked on unnecessarily by JC.

Very Happy
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by ABC Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:45 pm

There are a few, free screen-recorder apps available, That's what I'd use. OBS studio is one but it's a bit overcomplicated for this purpose.

And the 30 minutes interview is more likely a 10 minute one in a 30 minute window to allow for the inevitable cock-ups and delays by the work coach.
ABC
ABC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:39 pm

mark9999 wrote:Thanks for all the input guys,

Non_Deficere2 thanks for the reply, if i am not mandated for the online interviews meetings etc? what sould i say or do at this online meeting?

Admin never being asked about home p.c or how i get access to internet at jobcentre or by my former work co.

Jobberpw sorry to hear about your five years of hell with the dwp i really feel for you. Gald their is this forum of people supporting each orther tho.

I would suggest you opt out unless online interviews are beneficial to you!?

Back to top Go down

Post by ABC Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:29 am

Non_Deficere2 wrote:I would suggest you opt out unless online interviews are beneficial to you!?

The obvious benefit, assuming you can record the session with a screen recorder or suchlike, is that you have a ready made recording of every interaction with the work coach. That's like gold! pirat
ABC
ABC

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:27 am

Yes, Abc the recording is always a good idea. I do this every meeting and all phone conversations. Had a few issues with sound but out of the 100 or so I recorded 90% been good.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by marky Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:41 pm

Caker wrote:No claimant should admit to having a home internet access device because it just raises (DWP) expectations of what you can do and how often and for how long.

Always give the impression that you are dependent upon your local library, therefore your computer access is restricted by library opening times / the availability of a computer (bookable and rationed in some libraries).

I'm not sure about that Caker in my experience it would be asking for trouble if you admitted you DIDN'T have home internet access

They could (and would) "help you out" by mandating you to come into the jobcentre to conduct your work search there

Absoloute no-no for me

jobberpw wrote:

I replied to Caker's post about people making out they have limited net usage and then being made to attend joke shop 3-4 times a week. But the good thing with all that is, it will cost the DWP a fortune in bus fare train reclaim expenses. Laughing  Twisted Evil

I think thats very insignficant though - you don't win by "costing the DWP a fortune". You are really inconvenienced and you lose a bit of your freedom too, it would be horrible for me

marky

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:20 am

How long have you been doing the library trips Caker as feel I have overlooked this idea?
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:23 am

mark9999 wrote:

................. only thing emma has put in my to do list is  Hi Mark Please upload a copy of your current c.v.  to be done by 10 of november Thanks Emma

Weird because I did this before frist meeting when I fristed signed on.I don’t have direct line number for Emma or surname or which jobcentre she at.

Thanks  everyone Mark

Emma may not be a real person if AI is being used.

Have you considered asking the question (via your journal) for the details of how to contact Emma? (This is assuming she exists at all  pale )

If you upload a totally blank word document, to your UC account, it will register in your journal as 'you uploaded your CV', with date you did this (take a screen grab of that entry in the journal).

The WC will see nothing, as it will register on their screen as a blank box. Rinse repeat if you are asked to upload it again. Blame it on the IT system and advise the WC to take it up with their IT department. If they do that and they think their system is working fine, blame it on the library computer that you used. This methodology is tried and tested. Following multiple 'to do list' instructions to upload a CV, I have the same number of journal entries with dates I did it, yet I have never actually uploaded one at any time Dwp advisor states I do online jobsearch interview - Page 2 3889284177
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:29 am

jobberpw wrote:How long have you been doing the library trips Caker as feel I have overlooked this idea?

At least 2 years. My JC is not within walking distance so travel expenses would be involved if I had to go there more frequently than once per fortnight. Since UC kicked in, using the library is convenient as it limits online work search activity to an hour a day when the library is open and zero when it is not. 35 hours job-search goes right out of the window geek

As a new claimant, I am supposed to be seen every week but that has been waived because they know I will claim the expenses.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:57 am

Excellent Caker.

Be using this approach too as soon as my net contract runs out as my library is a good distance away also.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:40 am

jobberpw wrote:Excellent Caker.

Be using this approach too as soon as my net contract runs out as my library is a good distance away also.

My library is within walking distance.

If your library is only accessible by public transport then you will need to weigh up whether it is closer/further than the JC in case DWP tell you to attend the JC more often because it is a cheaper journey. Don't drop yourself in anything. silent
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:24 pm

do use a library card caker

as im banned from having one there

means that i can only use a machine if no one is around using a machine thats because i knew them well from my library card days

isnt there a 1.00 usage system in place like at internet cafes ? as was in mine
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:40 pm

marky

id like a request from you if you could

could you ask for via your journal to see the required documentation for online interviews as i would like to view them

please quote that you havent been given any documentation about what is expected of a claimant whilst having these online interviews

and that you would like to read up about them
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next