BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digital signature devices at jobcentres

3 posters

Go down

Digital signature devices at jobcentres Empty Digital signature devices at jobcentres

Post by MrFrankZola Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:58 pm

Has the DWP stoppped using digital signature devices at jobcentres, used for 'signing-on'?

Am asking as not heard anyone mention digital signatures for a while.

MrFrankZola

Back to top Go down

Digital signature devices at jobcentres Empty Re: Digital signature devices at jobcentres

Post by Guest Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:55 am

I've just signed on using a digital device last week. But that's only for JSA, that's why it's not being mentioned.

Back to top Go down

Digital signature devices at jobcentres Empty Re: Digital signature devices at jobcentres

Post by Pintel Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:46 pm

I still have the use the e-pad for signing on. Do you know what it has been replace with then? Is it back to the pen and paper method. Which seem strange as the Roaches used to pester me to transfer to the new e-pad system? Suspect
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:00 pm

Pintel wrote:I still have the use the e-pad for signing on. Do you know what it has been replace with then? Is it back to the pen and paper method. Which seem strange as the Roaches used to pester me to transfer to the new e-pad system? Suspect
It has not been replaced, but when people are migrated to UC, they don't sign anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:07 pm

Interesting @Miguel1975. So when on the U-C, you don't  have to 'declare' anything? cyclops
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:26 pm

Pintel wrote:Interesting @Miguel1975. So when on the U-C, you don't  have to 'declare' anything? cyclops
I'm not sure what you mean by "declare", but you'll have an online journal to fill, instead of a booklet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:01 pm

I thought 'signing on' was a "declaration" of you where 'not doing any work paid or unpaid'.

Also I thought the online journal was not compulsory, or are you pressured to use by the roach.
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by MrFrankZola Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:14 pm

Thanks for updates. Always curious why the digital signature devices got introduced when for Universal Credit it is only a requirement to 'accept' a Claimant Commitment, which can be via email, phone, UC account or face-to-face.

Sign of the times: how the signature became a meaningless scrawl
Written signatures will soon be redundant even for legal documents, the Law Commission says. Does anyone care?
https://www.theguardian.com/news/shortcuts/2019/sep/04/sign-times-signature-scrawl-law-commission
> Electronic signatures are valid, confirms Law Commission https://www.lawcom.gov.uk/electronic-signatures-are-valid-confirms-law-commission/

MrFrankZola

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:59 pm

You could imaging in the future that bio-metrics (Eg: a thumb scan), will be used instead of a signature? But this will open a can of worms about personal privacy. confused
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:04 pm

Also on a side point here, has there any been any cases of fraud of forging e-signatures, such as  a person/company ‘copy and pasting’ of a e-signature etc. And making out the person has agreed to this arrangement, when they haven’t???  Suspect
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Committed Claimant Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:29 am

I haven’t had to sign on the pad for my last 6 visits when signing on for JSA. They keep telling me that there’s a fault in the system (a whopping under-statement if ever I heard one).

I am not required to sign on using the old card/form system either. The coach enables authorisation of payment by a click on the computer. I’ve had no problems so far. Makes one wonder why all the palaver and expense of introducing those signing-on pads was undertaken in the first place.
Committed Claimant
Committed Claimant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down