BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

They keep trying to trip us up at every step

Go down

They keep trying to trip us up at every step Empty They keep trying to trip us up at every step

Post by Guest Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:43 pm

We spoke to a nice chap whom I’m going to name Tom. Tom is an older man trying his best to navigate this awful system. He didn’t have a good word to say about universal credit. He did however tell me how he felt about it.

‘It’s a system that keeps wanting to trip us up at every step. There’s no let up is there? I honestly can’t see an end to it and it makes me so annoyed.” He went on to say that he hated having to live like this, chasing jobs that aren’t real, trying to keep a computer system happy. ‘It’s just not fair is it”.

Damn right it isn’t fair.

https://thepoorsideof.life/

Back to top Go down

They keep trying to trip us up at every step Empty Re: They keep trying to trip us up at every step

Post by jobberpw Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:54 pm

Well said EffJay, what is described is my overall experience too. Its a control freak of a system, and only gives help of a very basic nature to maybe 'some,' school leavers -with zero work experience. The internet and recruitment websites are littered day in day out with the same vacancies-only available in the virtual world.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

They keep trying to trip us up at every step Empty Re: They keep trying to trip us up at every step

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:10 pm

@jobberpw I can't take credit for these words, as they are from Charlotte Hughes at "The Poor Side of Life", but agree 100%.

Here's the latest edition of the blog:

"I don't know how long I'm sanctioned for. More tales from Ashton-under-Lyne Jobcentre.

Just to be clear if you’re working and claiming universal credit you will be worse off financially and you’ll be told that you’re underemployed and made to look for more work.

I heard a Tory minister say this morning that more people are in employment than ever before. This is a downright lie. Most people that I speak to are forced to do zero hour contract agency work. If they’re lucky they might get a hour a weeks work."

https://thepoorsideof.life/2019/08/01/i-dont-know-how-long-im-sanctioned-for-more-tales-from-ashton-under-lyne-jobcentre/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down